Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The fact is

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 pm

We still won't have a player scoring 20 goals this season.

Even with Maynard coming in Malky will not play him game in game out like other clubs do with their one main striker, eg. Burnley with Austin, Leeds with Bechio/McCormack, Brighton with Mackail-Smith.

Maynard has more than enough quality for 20 goals this season, but IMO Malky won't rely on him enough to get the goals, and will change the team around too often with the likes of Helguson, Smith and Bellamy as well as Velikonja (Who I think is more than good enough to have a starting place).

Re: The fact is

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:47 pm

hywel wrote:We still won't have a player scoring 20 goals this season.

Even with Maynard coming in Malky will not play him game in game out like other clubs do with their one main striker, eg. Burnley with Austin, Leeds with Bechio/McCormack, Brighton with Mackail-Smith.

Maynard has more than enough quality for 20 goals this season, but IMO Malky won't rely on him enough to get the goals, and will change the team around too often with the likes of Helguson, Smith and Bellamy as well as Velikonja (Who I think is more than good enough to have a starting place).

Let's just wait and see mate... Perhaps Malky was waiting for this signing in order to revert to another formation.

Be patient... Time will tell :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:49 pm

droopy wrote:

Let's just wait and see mate... Perhaps Malky was waiting for this signing in order to revert to another formation.

True. It looks like 4-4-2 is about to make a comeback.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:04 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
droopy wrote:

True. It looks like 4-4-2 is about to make a comeback.

hopefully it is

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:11 pm

Could play a 4-5-1 that changes to a 4-3-3 when attacking.
Can be done with 2 fast wingers. Combination of Bellamy, Kimbo, Noone, Velikonja and hopefuly Maynard upfront.

Play Whitts in a free advanced role where he can do some damage. 2 of Mutch/Gunnarsson/Kiss to play as 2 defensive holding midfields, giving defensive protection and allow Whitts to roam and do some damage.

Almost a 4-2-3-1 formation
Last edited by glas on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:13 pm

glas wrote:Could play a 4-5-1 that changes to a 4-3-3 when attacking.
Can be done with 2 fast wingers. Combination of Bellamy, Kimbo, Noone, Velikonja and hopefuly Maynard upfront.

I'm still worried about the back four and lack of cover for it.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:14 pm

if i had a pound for everytime someone had said this :roll:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:15 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

Edited now. How does that sound?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:16 pm

Hope he decides to change it around.

But then again if he decides to swap around the strikers often then we could have 2 or 3 with 10 goals each rather than the 1 with 20. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:

It's as bad as when someone says "on paper we have a better team, but we play on grass not paper" makes you want to jam a pen in your eye.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:47 pm

:lol: