Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Maynard deal has to be done by Mid day ?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:32 am

according to sky sports news , if a player is not signed by mid day , he cant play on the weekend .
Come on Malky hurry up and get the deal done :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Maynard deal has to be done by Mid day ?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:33 am

CHRIS PIKE wrote:according to sky sports news , if a player is not signed by mid day , he cant play on the weekend .

As we're playing Sunday, I'd have thought we've got until Midday tomorrow!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am

We might be okay though as our game is on the sunday when I'm sure the 12pm deadline is for the saturday games. ;)

Midday deadline

Maynard deal must go through by midday if we want him available for Sundays game . Fingers crossed come on city get it done ..

Overthemoon wrote:
CHRIS PIKE wrote:according to sky sports news , if a player is not signed by mid day , he cant play on the weekend .

I thought that

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 am

its deadline day today guys, no signings tomorrow! ;)

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 am

Lol I just posted this too :(

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 am

Overthemoon wrote:

they said the weekend not Saturday , i hope i'm wrong ?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:36 am

think it is 12 today! when Van Persie signed he had to sign before 12pm friday to play for united on the monday!

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:38 am

Is it something stupid like the FA not working weekends. Wouldn't surprise me

Deano1 wrote:its deadline day today guys, no signings tomorrow! ;)

He was on about after mid day today

guys, it is deadline day today, there can be no signings tomorrow whether we're playing saturday or sunday!

Deano1 wrote:guys, it is deadline day today, there can be no signings tomorrow whether we're playing saturday or sunday!

:roll:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:40 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Deano1 wrote:guys, it is deadline day today, there can be no signings tomorrow whether we're playing saturday or sunday!

roll your eyes if you like mate, but I'm not the one suggesting we had until tomorrow midday to sign Maynard! :roll:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 am

We are benefitting from playing Sunday.

We have right up to 11pm to sign Maynard and still get him to play on Sunday.

Signings must be in by noon on the day before any competitive game.

Football League rules, Section 6 - Players, rule 41.2

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:42 am

Deano1 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

roll your eyes if you like mate, but I'm not the one suggesting we had until tomorrow midday to sign Maynard! :roll:

If i were you I'd read the thread again

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:44 am

Deano1 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

READ THE THREAD AGAIN. SLOWLY.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:45 am

Now now you two. Play nice

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:46 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Deano1 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Yes, I see the part where someone suggested we had until saturday midday to sign maynard as we are playing sunday. That is not true and I have pointed that out. Your point is??

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 am

Deano1 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Deano1 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Yes, I see the part where someone suggested we had until saturday midday to sign maynard as we are playing sunday. That is not true and I have pointed that out. Your point is??

Ffs really, how thick are you?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:48 am

The pair of you are arguing over semantics.

Forget it's transfer deadline day and the signing has to be done by midday the day before a game. So it could be by midday tomorrow IF it was not transfer dealine day.

As it's transfer deadline day we have until 11pm and NOT noon today.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:50 am

Wayne S wrote:The pair of you are arguing over semantics.

Forget it's transfer deadline day and the signing has to be done by midday the day before a game. So it could be by midday tomorrow IF it was not transfer dealine day.

correct

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:51 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Deano1 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Deano1 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Ffs really, how thick are you?

obviously not QUITE as thick as you! :lol: :lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 am

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this is correct - and the paperwork can sometimes go slightly over the 11.00pm deadline, so technically, 12 noon tomorrow would be the cut off point, although the paperwork is usually finalised shortly after the cut off point, so its unlikely to be tomorrow morning, but its definitely not 12 noon today for us as far as Maynard playing on Sunday is concerned.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:52 am

i hope your right Mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:55 am

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:56 am

You were clearly the thick one saying "PEOPLE WE CANNOT SIGN ANYONE TOMORROW AS IT IS DEADLINE DAY TODAY" or along the lines of that. :lol:

The deadline for signing any player on a permanent is 11pm tonight. Ok? :lol:

If the club wants the player eligible for selection on sunday, they have to sign him by 12pm today (just over an hour)

Same happened with RVP he had to sign by a deadline on the friday to be eligible for the first game on the monday.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:03 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:You were clearly the thick one saying "PEOPLE WE CANNOT SIGN ANYONE TOMORROW AS IT IS DEADLINE DAY TODAY" or along the lines of that. :lol:

If the club wants the player eligible for selection on sunday, they have to sign him by 12pm today (just over an hour)

Same happened with RVP he had to sign by a deadline on the friday to be eligible for the first game on the monday.

I'm worried about you.......so, how was I wrong or thick by saying we can't sign anyone tomorrow as it's deadline day today?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:04 am

Deano1 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:You were clearly the thick one saying "PEOPLE WE CANNOT SIGN ANYONE TOMORROW AS IT IS DEADLINE DAY TODAY" or along the lines of that. :lol:

I'm worried about you.......so, how was I wrong or thick by saying we can't sign anyone tomorrow as it's deadline day today?

You wasn't wrong you just misunderstood the thread, that's why I shouted at you to re-read it. :lol:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:08 am

rhys1927ccfc wrote:
Deano1 wrote:

You wasn't wrong you just misunderstood the thread, that's why I shouted at you to re-read it. :lol:

I didnt misunderstand the thread, I was pointing out to a couple of guys, Overthemoon and Pontyclun Blue, that suggested we might have until noon TOMORROW to sign Maynard as we were playing on Sunday, that this was not the case as today is deadline day whether we're playing saturday, sunday or monday! Easy really.....