Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Rob Earnshaw

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:23 am

Ernie is showing that he has no interest in playing football... He obviously realises that he is falling well done the pecking order and probably wont even make the bench anymore ( assuming maynard signs ) Surely he should want to play somewhere does he not realise that a career is short and you are along time retired :old: Dropping down to league 1 he could be prolific again for a couple of years instead of just being happy staying at home and picking up his big wages !! We should do everything possible to move him out .... :ayatollah:

Re: Rob Earnshaw

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:27 am

broadwell blue wrote:Ernie is showing that he has no interest in playing football... He obviously realises that he is falling well done the pecking order and probably wont even make the bench anymore ( assuming maynard signs ) Surely he should want to play somewhere does he not realise that a career is short and you are along time retired :old: Dropping down to league 1 he could be prolific again for a couple of years instead of just being happy staying at home and picking up his big wages !! We should do everything possible to move him out .... :ayatollah:

The issue is... Nobody wants to pay his wages. I'm sure if he could be sold he would... But at 13k a week (reportedly) would you want him? :?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:31 am

Im sure he could get a deal with much lower wages but with bonuses for appearances, goals, promotion etc ( in ideal world ) everyone is happy then :D

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:33 am

droopy wrote:
broadwell blue wrote:Ernie is showing that he has no interest in playing football... He obviously realises that he is falling well done the pecking order and probably wont even make the bench anymore ( assuming maynard signs ) Surely he should want to play somewhere does he not realise that a career is short and you are along time retired :old: Dropping down to league 1 he could be prolific again for a couple of years instead of just being happy staying at home and picking up his big wages !! We should do everything possible to move him out .... :ayatollah:

The issue is... Nobody wants to pay his wages. I'm sure if he could be sold he would... But at 13k a week (reportedly) would you want him? :?

I think earnie will be gone come the end of the transfer/loan window, his wages might mean that he goes out on loan and we fund a % of his wages.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:39 am

I agree a loan move may be the only way to get some of his wages off the wage bill

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:57 am

It does amaze me that we hope and expect Maynard to take a salary drop to play football but expect Earnie to sit and rot while collecting large wages.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:58 am

Wayne S wrote:It does amaze me that we hope and expect Maynard to take a salary drop to play football but expect Earnie to sit and rot while collecting large wages.

Yes but the Earnie deal was done before Malky... It's a new reigeme now my friend :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:01 am

broadwell blue wrote:I agree a loan move may be the only way to get some of his wages off the wage bill

Just thinking about this, up here rangers have to bring in about 6-7 players in this window because they are banned for the next two windows after today, earnie would be a great signing for them, in the league they are in he would get at least 20 goals this season, they could also pay the majority of his wages.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:11 am

Wayne S wrote:It does amaze me that we hope and expect Maynard to take a salary drop to play football but expect Earnie to sit and rot while collecting large wages.

I think it's make or break for Earnie, a city Legend he maybe but I think he could lose some respect from some of the fans.

He knows deep down he's not in Malky's plans.... His comments recently about being ready and thinking he is going to score a shed load of goals are laughable, knowing he's hardly going to get a kick.

If he wants to prolong his career he needs to go out and play, if that means a drop in wages (like Maynard as has been mentioned) he should go for it. He would remain iconic in Bluebird History, if he stays, sadly I feel he is in danger of becoming a forgotten man.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:13 am

droopy wrote:

Yes but the Earnie deal was done before Malky... It's a new reigeme now my friend :ayatollah:

I don't understand...... :D

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:20 am

Wayne S wrote:
droopy wrote:

What's not to understand....

Earnie's deal was done before Malky was in, so he got large wages

Since Malky has come in, all deals have been dealt with cleverly and sensibly (and not getting overpaid players). Simples really. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:34 am

droopy wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
droopy wrote:

Since Malky has come in, all deals have been dealt with cleverly and sensibly (and not getting overpaid players). Simples really. :ayatollah:

Not quite, earnie was signed a number of weeks after MM arrived.
MM was in charge when he signed for us.
I think a deal was already in place though.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:39 am

droopy wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
droopy wrote:

I think you've missed Wayne's point! :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:50 am

Earnie has every right to stay and fight for his place,Malky has treated him with total disrespect by not giving him a fair crack at the whip,How many minutes did he play last season?...players get injured and maybe he is prepared to train hard and wait,instead of calling him greedy like all you snipers keep doing have you ever thought he is City through and through and only wants to play for the club he loves,some people are idiots and drive players out with their pathetic comments most of which probably never go to a game.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:04 am

FCBluebirdofcardiff wrote:Earnie has every right to stay and fight for his place,Malky has treated him with total disrespect by not giving him a fair crack at the whip,How many minutes did he play last season?...players get injured and maybe he is prepared to train hard and wait,instead of calling him greedy like all you snipers keep doing have you ever thought he is City through and through and only wants to play for the club he loves,some people are idiots and drive players out with their pathetic comments most of which probably never go to a game.

He hasn't been treated unfairly. He just hasn't been good enough mate... Sad but true. Will always be a city legend though. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:24 am

droopy wrote:
FCBluebirdofcardiff wrote:Earnie has every right to stay and fight for his place,Malky has treated him with total disrespect by not giving him a fair crack at the whip,How many minutes did he play last season?...players get injured and maybe he is prepared to train hard and wait,instead of calling him greedy like all you snipers keep doing have you ever thought he is City through and through and only wants to play for the club he loves,some people are idiots and drive players out with their pathetic comments most of which probably never go to a game.

He only wants to play for his home town team.... have you forgot he left us for west brom, played at forest too !! every player gets a chance to impress a manager , malky has decided and I for one agree totally he is not good enough at this level and he knows he hasnt got any chance of playing and needs to go to prolong his career

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:30 am

droopy wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
droopy wrote:

I was talking about players sitting on big contracts instead of getting out there and playing football even if it was for lesser wages. We are expecting Maynard to do this so why doesn't Earnie.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:32 am

broadwell blue wrote:
droopy wrote:

He only wants to play for his home town team.... have you forgot he left us for west brom, played at forest too !! every player gets a chance to impress a manager , malky has decided and I for one agree totally he is not good enough at this level and he knows he hasnt got any chance of playing and needs to go to prolong his career

Also forgot Norwich & Derby :o

Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:35 am

Wayne S wrote:
droopy wrote:
Wayne S wrote:
droopy wrote:

I was talking about players sitting on big contracts instead of getting out there and playing football even if it was for lesser wages. We are expecting Maynard to do this so why doesn't Earnie.

Agree totaly why would any footballer choose to not play the game they love, he could regret that decision when retired, also wouldnt have thought he was strugling to make ends meet !1

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:01 am

Earnie was sold he didn't want to leave but that is not the point(my 10 year old would have come up with a better argument),when Earnie came back you all hailed the messiah now he isn't good enough,bunch of hypocrites who pretend to know something but know nothing...glory hunters you make me sick,I bet your red shirts have been washed by your mothers ready for Sunday.There will be no club left when we are filled with fans like you.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:32 am

FCBluebirdofcardiff wrote:Earnie was sold he didn't want to leave but that is not the point(my 10 year old would have come up with a better argument),when Earnie came back you all hailed the messiah now he isn't good enough,bunch of hypocrites who pretend to know something but know nothing...glory hunters you make me sick,I bet your red shirts have been washed by your mothers ready for Sunday.There will be no club left when we are filled with fans like you.

Calm down mate.

For the record I did not want Earnie back and knew he was not good enough for us before the deal was done. So I am no hypocrite and certainly no glory hunter (having watched City for half my life). You maybe want to take those Earnie blinkers off though and come into the real world with the rest of us :D

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:34 am

Oh For Gods sake!!

Cry me a river.

Earnie is not Championship standard any more

"He only wants to play for the Club he loves"???????

Didnt see anyone twisting his arm when West Brom came in for him. Earnie was not
heard to say "I only want to play for the Club I love" back then. Nobody is driving
Earnie out. He is not good enough.

I loved little Earnie years back. He's not the same player. What is it with our supporters?
Koumas was the same "lets get Jason back"... he was SHITE when he came back.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:39 am

FCBluebirdofcardiff wrote:Earnie was sold he didn't want to leave but that is not the point(my 10 year old would have come up with a better argument),when Earnie came back you all hailed the messiah now he isn't good enough,bunch of hypocrites who pretend to know something but know nothing...glory hunters you make me sick,I bet your red shirts have been washed by your mothers ready for Sunday.There will be no club left when we are filled with fans like you.

Nice broad strokes there.

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:00 pm

I am a ST holder mate, absolutely adored Earnie when he was here first time around, gutted when he left but understood his desire to play in Premiership.
I didn't want him back.....strongly believe it was a move to try and appease some of the fans because of the Bellamy saga, the games he played last year (mostly) showed he's past his best and wouldn't fit into our style of play or Malky's plans.
His link up play and ability to hold up the ball are poor at best, he might still get a goal late in game occasionally off bench but it's plain to see his days here are numbered.
I understand the local lad syndrome but he has a decision to make he ain't going to feature for us IMO :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:34 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Oh For Gods sake!!

Cry me a river.

Didnt see anyone twisting his arm when West Brom came in for him. Earnie was not
heard to say "I only want to play for the Club I love" back then. Nobody is driving

I loved little Earnie years back. He's not the same player. What is it with our supporters?

Talking shite from a thousand miles away again are we,when did you last see Earnie or even City play live?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:36 pm

FCBluebirdofcardiff wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Oh For Gods sake!!

Cry me a river.

Talking shite from a thousand miles away again are we,when did you last see Earnie or even City play live?

I have to agree with Taffyapple mate, and the only one piping up is you.

I would calm down mate...

Just chillax :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:42 pm

Calm down?,just asking questions is that not allowed?

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:43 pm

If we sign Maynard I can earnie going on loan to someone like palace :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:45 pm

FCBluebirdofcardiff wrote:Calm down?,just asking questions is that not allowed?

Every reply you have posted has been aggresive mate. There is a way of going about things. The do not include "talking shite from miles away" and "never been to see city play" and "hypocrites".

Need I go on...

Just calm down and debate... :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 31, 2012 12:58 pm

FCBluebirdofcardiff wrote:
taffyapple wrote:

Oh For Gods sake!!

Cry me a river.

14 posts yet you know where I'm working and how often i've been to games??? :lol: :lol:

Why oh why do grown men need to be three or four people at once?

Earnie had his day and it was about three years ago. Dont get so melodramatic