Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Good luck Nooney

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:36 pm

Brighton fan in peace.Just like to say congratulations on signing Nooney. I feel sad that he has left us but it was a posistion we have quality in the likes of Buckley and Lua lua.Not sure of the exact fee but if it is £1 million then a good deal for both teams.

I am sure he will be a fans favorite. He was my daughters fav player and while meeting him after a game last season i told him this, while speaking to him my daughter phoned me up,i told her who i was speaking to and she asked me if i would put him on,Craig was happy to speak to her for about 5 minutes. Top bloke.

The 1 criticism of him is that his final ball lets him down, he will beat a player with ease but then fails with the final pass although this season he has got better.

Any way good luck for he rest of the season.

Re: Good luck Nooney

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:37 pm

thanks for the details :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:38 pm

Lets hope that the last player he beats with his skill, pace and tricks happens to be the goalie? ;)

I'll be happy then! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:38 pm

amex wrote:Brighton fan in peace.Just like to say congratulations on signing Nooney. I feel sad that he has left us but it was a posistion we have quality in the likes of Buckley and Lua lua.Not sure of the exact fee but if it is £1 million then a good deal for both teams.

I am sure he will be a fans favorite. He was my daughters fav player and while meeting him after a game last season i told him this, while speaking to him my daughter phoned me up,i told her who i was speaking to and she asked me if i would put him on,Craig was happy to speak to her for about 5 minutes. Top bloke.

The 1 criticism of him is that his final ball lets him down, he will beat a player with ease but then fails with the final pass although this season he has got better.

Cheers for taking the time to post your honest opinion, Good luck for the season pal :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:43 pm

have to say, plenty of brighton fans have come on and said many good things about him.. we have been craving a quick skillful winger for a couple of seasons now.

cant wait to see what he can bring to the table, lets hope we use him and dont knock the ball long over his head..

Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:58 pm

quite shocked that brighton let him go to be honest
buckleys class but seems awful injury prone,not sure about lua lua
brighton are top 6 material in my opinion,they seem to have a massive squad and are well an truly a club on the up

if i could have picked any(realistic) players for malky to snap up during this window it would have been maynrad and noone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 pm

englishbluebird wrote:quite shocked that brighton let him go to be honest
buckleys class but seems awful injury prone,not sure about lua lua
brighton are top 6 material in my opinion,they seem to have a massive squad and are well an truly a club on the up

if i could have picked any(realistic) players for malky to snap up during this window it would have been maynrad and noone :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

We need another season in championship to be honest, this will hopefully give Poyet money for a striker that we need to play along side cms or Barnes.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:22 pm

Thanks amex. Paid my first visit to your new ground last week, and was well impressed. We were under a fair bit of pressure, and Noone had a good game. Reading Gus Poyet's programme notes, he said that he wished that the transfer window closed before the season actually starts, and described exactly what has happened with Craig Noone!

Best wishes to the Seagulls this season. Glad you held back your goals until the Barnsley game!

Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:26 pm

amex wrote:Brighton fan in peace.Just like to say congratulations on signing Nooney. I feel sad that he has left us but it was a posistion we have quality in the likes of Buckley and Lua lua.Not sure of the exact fee but if it is £1 million then a good deal for both teams.

Sounds like we have signed a young Chris Burke :lol:

He is just what we need thought, direct wide player