Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I thought the season before last was our best side until..

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:27 pm

The last 24 hours if the maynard deal goes throughwe have 1 hell of a squad not just a team!!

Were going to literally going to have 5+ players that could come off the bench and change a game where weve only really had 2 max!

Malky is going to have a massive headache choosing a starting 11!

Still need a defender tho :lol: :ayatollah:

If we dont get top 2 of this squad i seriously dont know what else wed have to suggest!

Fairplay malky and the malaysians havent let us down sayong they would spend money!!

Well done cardiff city!! :ayatollah:

Re: I thought the season before last was our best side until..

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:30 pm

I think Bothroyd and Chops (and Bellers but we have him now) made that squad sound better than it was.
This squad has a hell of a lot more depth, they are our players and a young team. Exciting times as long as they can gel and be managed.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:46 pm

Naylor was pants
Olifinjana was very hit and miss
Koumas never turned up
Quinn was average
Drinkwater was crocked
Bothroyd had a brilliant half season
Chopra scored in patches as he always does
Burke was a bit of a let down at times
Bellamy spent too much time out injured........

Lets wait and see what the current crop has got to offer. But personally I think
this is the first time since we've got back into the Championship that we've had
a real 'squad'.... and its f*cking brilliant :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:50 pm

taffyapple wrote:Naylor was pants
Olifinjana was very hit and miss
Koumas never turned up
Quinn was average
Drinkwater was crocked
Bothroyd had a brilliant half season
Chopra scored in patches as he always does
Burke was a bit of a let down at times
Bellamy spent too much time out injured........

Lets wait and see what the current crop has got to offer. But personally I think
this is the first time since we've got back into the Championship that we've had
a real 'squad'.... and its f*cking brilliant :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yeah okay but it was still our best side for many years, but we actually have a squad now not just a good team!

Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:04 pm

this is a great group of players malkys strengh is getting bargains for players and building a squad his real test is getting the best formation out of them and hopefully not be too negative surely with all this attacking options we have to have at least 2 up top cant wait to find out :ayatollah: