Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

On loan ??

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Brendan Rodgers: "I don't think we are in a position to have £35m players as third-choice strikers, or wingers who are on £5m-£6m a year. This is the challenge I have. You don’t need to be a rocket scientist to see Andy Carroll has been a cover player for us. He's been excellent in terms of his attitude and acceptance of where he is at, but as a football club - and I'm talking generically here - the reality is, financially, we need to repair. I'm talking in terms of salaries. That's reality. Unfortunately, it is going to take more than one window. The transition of the squad may take us until next summer. Some players here, even though you want to move them on, because of wages and other factors they are not going to just walk out the door. It's going to take time to build that."

Would you take Carroll on loan?

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: On loan ??

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:20 pm

Well if there was ever a time with wages and that we could then yes I would. Blew this league apart when they went up.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:30 pm

Rodger seems to want to get some value out of him so may well loan. Perhaps we now have a spare £35k a week :(

Would love a Carroll and Bellers double act up front though .....

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 pm

Oh jeez

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Oh jeez

He may have had the hair but jeez .... nah

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:38 pm

Spoofer wrote:

Loving the board tonight..... :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Einstein wrote:
Spoofer wrote:

Loving the board tonight..... :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress: :compress:

Its all gone mental !!!!