Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

So why didn't we up our bid for Noone when we were 3rd..?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:48 pm

In January we were really on the front foot yet we've now increased our bid for the same player by over double of what we were prepared to pay just 7 months ago.

Its just strange :?

Re: So why didn't we up our bid for Noone when we were 3rd..?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 pm

thought we had a bid accepted, but their chairman flew in on deadline day and cancelled any transfer dealings?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:50 pm

That was then this is now.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:51 pm

I thought we offered like 1.5-2m in January, which is overpriced anyway?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:53 pm

hywel wrote:I thought we offered like 1.5-2m in January, which is overpriced anyway?

It was just £700,000 in January yet £1.5 million just 7 months later. :?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 pm

Angry Man wrote:
hywel wrote:I thought we offered like 1.5-2m in January, which is overpriced anyway?

Going on that logic would you sell mason for what we signed him for? 12 months makes a big difference, same as 7

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:01 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Going on that logic would you sell mason for what we signed him for? 12 months makes a big difference, same as 7

Dont talk rubbish. My logic is that if we thought he was worth £1.5 million then why didn't we up our bid for him in January when we lying 3rd as he could have made a real difference beause we all know the drop in performances after January. Or maybe is this the newest sign of the club wasting money just because we got it.?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:02 pm

I think that the first bid in Jan was 400k, no wonder Brighton said no. Then after some considerable time there was another bid but I believe it was no where what we are paying now. Could have been the difference between promotion and not. All 3 promoted teams teams invested in the Jan window.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:05 pm

Angry Man wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Dont talk rubbish. My logic is that if we thought he was worth £1.5 million then why didn't we up our bid for him in January when we lying 3rd as he could have made a real difference beause we all know the drop in performances after January. Or maybe is this the newest sign of the club wasting money just because we got it.?

Nevermid the fact brightons chairman put a stop on all transfers, when theres a way to slag cardiff off im sure you will find a way for the sake of it though,

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:10 pm

BluebirdJM wrote:
Angry Man wrote:
BluebirdJM wrote:
Angry Man wrote:

Nevermid the fact brightons chairman put a stop on all transfers, when theres a way to slag cardiff off im sure you will find a way for the sake of it though,

So if the club thought he was worth it then why didn't we bid £1.5 million for him in January..? Then if that figure was offered I'm sure their chairman would have brought him the travel ticket to here!!! Its just strange thats all I'm saying

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:12 pm

Not really strange. Tan wanted to keep a tigher budget at the time. Now he believes he has a way of generating further income
Via the rebrand means MM has a bigger budget.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:13 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Not really strange. Tan wanted to keep a tigher budget at the time. Now he believes he has a way of generating further income

Rebrand what rebrand????? :oops:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:13 pm

It was £800k plus up to £500k extra based on promotion and bonus add ons.

as far as I heard. So £1.3m?

offering £1.5m now would make it very difficult for Brighton to say no to, especially when they need another striker.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 pm

cmorris1927 wrote:thought we had a bid accepted, but their chairman flew in on deadline day and cancelled any transfer dealings?

thats exactly what happened :roll:

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Not really strange. Tan wanted to keep a tigher budget at the time. Now he believes he has a way of generating further income

Rebrand what rebrand????? :oops:

We bid £4m for Marvin Sordell didnt we? so that dispells the rebrand money?

sorry but the could have been in receipt of Premiership income by now if he financed MM in January better

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:15 pm

Angry Man wrote:

sorry but the could have been in receipt of Premiership income by now if he financed MM in January better

Could or couldn't have.
The budget was the budget at the end of the day.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:17 pm

Angry Man wrote:In January we were really on the front foot yet we've now increased our bid for the same player by over double of what we were prepared to pay just 7 months ago.

i bid £1 pound to send u one f*cking way to japan to get u off this forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Let me echo what I said in simpler words.

That was the past, now move on an be positive for f**k sake.

Rant over.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:22 pm

mattc752 wrote:
Angry Man wrote:In January we were really on the front foot yet we've now increased our bid for the same player by over double of what we were prepared to pay just 7 months ago.

i bid £1 pound to send u one f*cking way to japan to get u off this forum :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

lived there before and was too pricey for me then!!!! :o