Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jordan Rhodes agrees terms

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
SKY SOURCES: Jordan Rhodes agrees personal terms with Blackburn.

Unlucky everyone who wanted him here, he's overrated.

Re: Jordan Rhodes agrees terms

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Blackburn will be in administration with in 5 years.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:23 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Sky Sports News ‏@SkySportsNews
SKY SOURCES: Jordan Rhodes agrees personal terms with Blackburn.

Unlucky everyone who wanted him here, he's overrated.

Hardly overrated, we don't know how he'll do this year but the stats are there, he scored 40 goals last season. :roll:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Blackburn will be in administration with in 5 years.

And QPR hopefully. :ayatollah:

Good for them. I think he will flop

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

About 3 years after us Elliot

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:26 pm

They have parachute payments for the next few years, we don't.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:29 pm

They don't have big debts. The Indian owners invested as equity instead of loans. Probably a mistake on their part.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:29 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Good for them. I think he will flop

He won't flop. Great signing.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:35 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Good for them. I think he will flop

He won't flop. Great signing.

Time will tell

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:37 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

About 3 years after us Elliot

We'll be Premier league champions in 5 years ;)

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:53 pm

Overrated = NO Overpriced = YES :o :o :o

Since 5.30pm today i knew Blackburn had come back in for him,but did not belive they would pay this kind of money :o

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... for-Rhodes

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:04 pm

If there was any truth in the rumour that we were willing to go to £6m for Rodriguez then £8m for Rhodes is a no brainer. If he stays fit he will score enough goals to see Blackburn up automatically. I knew Blackpool would be strong contenders but didn't think Blackburn would be so strong. Big teams like wolves and Bolton must be starting to worry that they have to aim for playoff spots. I predict Blackpool and Blackburn to sew up top two very early the way it is looking at the moment.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:09 pm

bspark wrote:If there was any truth in the rumour that we were willing to go to £6m for Rodriguez then £8m for Rhodes is a no brainer. If he stays fit he will score enough goals to see Blackburn up automatically. I knew Blackpool would be strong contenders but didn't think Blackburn would be so strong. Big teams like wolves and Bolton must be starting to worry that they have to aim for playoff spots. I predict Blackpool and Blackburn to sew up top two very early the way it is looking at the moment.

£8 million is way overpriced. He did nothing at Ipswich and even if he banged them in last season look at Mackial smith he scored loads and has done f**k all since. Theres no guarantee with Rhodes and to be honest I dont think he will be a world beater

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:17 pm

CjBluebird17 wrote:
bspark wrote:If there was any truth in the rumour that we were willing to go to £6m for Rodriguez then £8m for Rhodes is a no brainer. If he stays fit he will score enough goals to see Blackburn up automatically. I knew Blackpool would be strong contenders but didn't think Blackburn would be so strong. Big teams like wolves and Bolton must be starting to worry that they have to aim for playoff spots. I predict Blackpool and Blackburn to sew up top two very early the way it is looking at the moment.

£8 million is way overpriced. He did nothing at Ipswich and even if he banged them in last season look at Mackial smith he scored loads and has done f**k all since. Theres no guarantee with Rhodes and to be honest I dont think he will be a world beater

£8m sounds well overpriced by about £3m at least but I'd happily pay £2m more for him than for Rodriguez.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:07 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:Overrated = NO Overpriced = YES :o :o :o

Since 5.30pm today i knew Blackburn had come back in for him,but did not belive they would pay this kind of money :o

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news ... for-Rhodes

Stupid money money, at least double his worth.

Even at 4m I'd be unsure on him.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:23 pm

More money thn sense, this time last year, we were all bemoaning the fact that Blackburn beat us to Goodwillie, with a much higher and over inflated offer and what's he done since then fack all :lol:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:08 pm

40 goals in league one is about 15 - 20 goals in the championship, and a 15+ goal scorer is worth about 3m not 8M !!!!!!!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:12 pm

JD Bluebird 4 life ! wrote:40 goals in league one is about 15 - 20 goals in the championship, and a 15+ goal scorer is worth about 3m not 8M !!!!!!!

Even i will agree with your valueation £8M ( IMO ) Is too much,but a good player.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19418479

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:14 pm

I also think 8m is way over priced but if he gets them 15-20 goals and that helps get them up it will look like money well spent

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:15 pm

If we ever went for him I would say 4 million as the highest.

Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:07 am

Crazy money.

I bet its not Keane's decision either.

That Shebby Singh is a right tw*t. Wants to be manager, coach, Chairman all in one!!

Slags off seasoned pro's off the back off his own glittering career at Kuala Lumpar FC :lol: :lol: :lol: