Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Feel sorry for Cowie

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm

I must admit I feel sorry for Cowie and the abuse he seems to be getting on the forums . Do I think Cowie should be in the starting line up ! The answer is no
However I have no doubt that the player has always given 100% when he is on the pitch and that's all we can ask a player to do We have seen many players more talent than him not put the effort in.

So let's lay off Cowie he was picked by Malky and gave his all even if it was not good enough We have hailed like Perry and Young in the past who were all effort and no skill at all and I don't think as a player they are close to Cowie ,but we are at another level and expect more

Re: Feel sorry for Cowie

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:19 pm

Milkybarkid wrote:I must admit I feel sorry for Cowie and the abuse he seems to be getting on the forums . Do I think Cowie should be in the starting line up ! The answer is no
However I have no doubt that the player has always given 100% when he is on the pitch and that's all we can ask a player to do We have seen many players more talent than him not put the effort in.

So let's lay off Cowie he was picked by Malky and gave his all even if it was not good enough We have hailed like Perry and Young in the past who were all effort and no skill at all and I don't think as a player they are close to Cowie ,but we are at another level and expect more

Totally agree!

As i fan i find it hard to accept players who are talented but don't give 100%, but i will never ever criticise a player who works as hard as Cowie does and always gives his all. He's not even a bad player to be deserving this abuse! :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:21 pm

Cowie in the middle is more than good enough. Cowie on the wing NAH

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:23 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:
Milkybarkid wrote:I must admit I feel sorry for Cowie and the abuse he seems to be getting on the forums . Do I think Cowie should be in the starting line up ! The answer is no

Totally agree!

As i fan i find it hard to accept players who are talented but don't give 100%, but i will never ever criticise a player who works as hard as Cowie does and always gives his all. He's not even a bad player to be deserving this abuse! :ayatollah:

the one thing can't stand about us city fans is that we always look for a player blame and let him know it when he is playing The only time I have ever agreed with it was a few years back with Jay when he made no effort to get to a winnable ball .I know we now need skill and effort rather than one of these in isolation to get further

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

We won a lot of games with cowie side so it clear he is being made a scapegoat.
Cowie is a very good player but once everyone is fit I think we will see him benched more often than not.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Cowie in the middle is more than good enough. Cowie on the wing NAH

Agree but he plays where Malky tells him He is a great squad / bench player with what we have now

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

Cowie is an asset for us he would be good cover for either full back.. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:29 pm

Cowie is an excellent squad member I feel he could do a good job in the middle in a more holding role he has just been played out of position cos that's where he played for Watford

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 pm

I haven't seen anyone slagging Cowie off?

Just having a pop at Malky's decisions to keep including him in the first 11 and out of position. Not Cowies fault, he still gives 100% but is not effective in the roll he keeps being given?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:26 pm

To be fair you cannot question Cowies work rate and committment but he needs to be i central midfield where i would play him alongside Mutch with Gunnarson on the bench has cover :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:29 pm

work rate. i could name 100s of city players with a good work rate, gives 110% but :roll:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:32 pm

ninianblue wrote:work rate. i could name 100s of city players with a good work rate, gives 110% but :roll:

Not that many with his work ethic for many years, leggy the only one who springs to mind.
Cowie is also a good passer and can finish.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
ninianblue wrote:work rate. i could name 100s of city players with a good work rate, gives 110% but :roll:

Not that many with his work ethic for many years, leggy the only one who springs to mind.
Cowie is also a good passer and can finish.

shit, i thought you were going to ask me the 100s of players :roll: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:37 pm

:lol: start listing :old: :lol:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Read my lips HE'S NOT A WIDE PLAYER!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:42 pm

Einstein wrote:

Read my lips HE'S NOT A WIDE PLAYER!

Maybe not but he still got a number of assists and a few goals playing wide in a team who got into the play/offs