Huds
Taylor

Noone
Gunner
Whitts
Kimbo

Bella
Helg

Thats a league winning team if I ever saw one, with strength in depth throughout the midfielder and attack, if we could get one more versatile squad defender we will be second to none in this league

Re: Our squad

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:13 pm

Gavlar wrote:Marshall

Kev
Ben
Huds
Taylor

Noone
Gunner
Whitts
Kimbo

Bella
Helg

Thats a league winning team if I ever saw one, with strength in depth throughout the midfielder and attack, if we could get one more versatile squad defender we will be second to none in this league

We Still need a sriker & fullback..Also MM won't be playing 4-4-2.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm

I can't see why he would have brought Noone in if Bellamy isnt going to partner Helguson up front? Also I think we have enough options up front.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:18 pm

this squad is so good doesnt matter if play 451 it will never stay that way to many attacking options for oponants to man mark as been doing upto now!! feel its the one we need to go up auto if not we never will!!!!!! :D

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Bellamy might get a free role now..

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:20 pm

Gavlar wrote:I can't see why he would have brought Noone in if Bellamy isnt going to partner Helguson up front? Also I think we have enough options up front.

Gavin,

I am shocked we brought Noone in, not heard good reports about him.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gavlar wrote:I can't see why he would have brought Noone in if Bellamy isnt going to partner Helguson up front? Also I think we have enough options up front.

Gavin,

I am shocked we brought Noone in, not heard good reports about him.

What have you heard?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:21 pm

I think if he can hit the ground running Kim will play Centrally, Bellamy is most effective out wide (although we need a more solid left back for that).

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:23 pm

I'm very happy about it, yes he blows hot and cold but with a bench like ours it won't really matter, even if we play 4-5-1 the goals we should get from midfield should be ample!

Best transfer window ever dot com

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:25 pm

He won't play 442 and he won't drop Mutch!

I'd like us to play 4-2-3-1

---------------Mutch- ----Whitts----------------

Bellamy------------Kimbo--------Noone-------

-------------------Helguson-----------------------

That is one hell of an attacking line up with Mason,Smith and Velikonja to come on and challenge to start, defence is what I'm worried about

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Gavlar wrote:I'm very happy about it, yes he blows hot and cold but with a bench like ours it won't really matter, even if we play 4-5-1 the goals we should get from midfield should be ample!

thats my feelings cannot be anything else but attacking midfield dont think they can defend if wanted to! :lol: bet other teams are not so confident about promo now!! :D
and was going to have bet on city but guess odds not in my favour now! :roll:
Last edited by pembroke allan on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:26 pm

Anyone else think Whittingham's place could be at stake? He's a class act but he has been known to 'go missing' on occasions in big games? I see lots of squad rotation this season!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:29 pm

Gavlar wrote:Anyone else think Whittingham's place could be at stake? He's a class act but he has been known to 'go missing' on occasions in big games? I see lots of squad rotation this season!

mmmm maybe but then other teams cannot single him out as they have done since latter part ast season, did say other day 451 is not workable for city, but now it is as options plentyfull to change things when we like!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:31 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:He won't play 442 and he won't drop Mutch!

That is one hell of an attacking line up with Mason,Smith and Velikonja to come on and challenge to start, defence is what I'm worried about

I thought??

----------Gunnar-----Mutch-------

-Kim Bo ------ Whitts--------Noone

-----------------Bellamy--------------

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:34 pm

scooby1973 wrote:

I thought??

With Turner and McNaughton constantly hitting long balls up to Helguson I cant see bellamy playing up top on his own

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:38 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:
scooby1973 wrote:

I thought??

With Turner and McNaughton constantly hitting long balls up to Helguson I cant see bellamy playing up top on his own

why would they do that?? hopefully things will change now well should do or malkies out thats for sure cannot buy the players he has and play hoofball, be suicide by him!! :D

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:39 pm

CCFC_Lad wrote:
scooby1973 wrote:

I thought??

lets hope they stop hitting long balls

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:42 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Gavlar wrote:I'm very happy about it, yes he blows hot and cold but with a bench like ours it won't really matter, even if we play 4-5-1 the goals we should get from midfield should be ample!

thats my feelings cannot be anything else but attacking midfield dont think they can defend if wanted to! :lol: bet other teams are not so confident about promo now!! :D
and was going to have bet on city but guess odds not in my favour now! :roll:

You can still get 12's with bet365 at the moment....just done a cheeky Cardiff and Swindon double to win respective leagues at 77 to 1

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:39 pm

Valleycasual. Bookies dream punter. :lol:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:16 pm

I'm shocked that none of u have even mentioned mason the kid lights the game up every time he plays IMO most exciting player we got at the mo pure goal scorer

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Personal opinion is that team isn't good enough for top two, helguson is biggest weakness but also all of the defenders are liable to have off days and cost the team goals. Turner would be the only one I could see in a genuine top two contenders back four. 12 months ago I'd have had no issues with mcnaughton but he had plenty of off days last season (for the first time ever).

And I'm a big fan of Taylor but just don't think he is a first choice in an auto promotion winning side.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:10 pm

There are half a dozen other teams in this League who have been investing heavily in their squads. It's all about how Malky gets the side to perform quickly and consistently. I think his other issue will be how to keep some talented players happy whilst they sit on the bench.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:57 pm

All these line ups, and there certainly looks like goals aplenty there.

BUT AT BOTH ENDS

Defence not good enough simple as! That was what needed strengthening after we captured Bellars and Kimbo. I do like Noone though! :ayatollah: