Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Craig Noone set to sign. "

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:13 pm

CRAIG NOONE is set to become Cardiff City's ninth signing of the summer after Malky Mackay swooped for the Brighton flier.

Wideman Noone had been the subject of a bid from the Bluebirds in January only for the Seagulls to hold onto to the 24-year-old.

But Mackay has returned to land his man as he looks to put the finishing touches to his impressive squad-building.

Noone is understood to have undergone a medical on Wednesday afternoon after a fee was agreed between the Championship rivals and is likely to go straight into contention for Cardiff's clash with Wolves on Sunday once the deal is completed.

Mackay had tabled bids of up to £1m to try and sign the Liverpool-born ace eight months ago only to see Brighton boss Gus Poyet cling onto the former roofer's services.

But with Cardiff keen to add to their numbers before the transfer window shuts on Friday, Mackay was determined to ensure he succeeded second time around as he looks to utilise Noone's pace from wide in his new-look City side.

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... z24x6WvfT6 :ayatollah:

Re: Craig Noone set to sign

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:22 pm

delighted with this... would be my first choice winger.. but where will smith now play, will he be used as a striker?

our midfield on paper looks quality, its just which combination will work the best..

kimbo, bellamy, smith, whitts, mutch, gunnarsson, kiss, conway, cowie, noone?

Re: Craig Noone set to sign

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:24 pm

MM certainly has options I this goes through.
Bellamy and Noone out wide will cause all sorts of problems. Maybe then smith or Kimbo more central?

Re: " Craig Noone set to sign. "

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Great signing & with Kim bo its looking good now, sad to say but Conway will leave now. & can't see where Smith fits in now Maybe cover for bellers??

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:35 pm

kimbo is not a winger imo i woud love to play lie thi,

Marshall
mcnaughton hudson turner taylor
gunnarson whittingham
noone kimbo bellamy
mason

or

marshall
mcnaughton hudson turner taylor

mutch whittingham
gunnar
noone bellamy
mason

with this one because whitts,mutch,gunnar also like to get forward i would have them rotating so the defenders do not get used to our system because the players are so different it will cause defences nightmares whilst one of them can go back with the defenders and the one left can hold the midfield in case of a brreak, that way we will have 4 attacking at any time :ayatollah: imbo can replace most players in that formation

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:43 pm

so many choices now for malky.. but who will start on sunday, will any of the new players start.. im thinking noone may, would think kimbo will start on the bench though.

this would be nice to see though...

-----------marshall-------------
kev----hudson-----turner-----taylor
------------gunnar/kiss--------------
noone-------whitts----------bellamy
--------------kimbo---------------------
--------------mason------------------

smith, cowie, helguson,velikonja, kiss/gunnar,connolly, lewis

with no place for conway or earnie on the bench.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:47 pm

4 year contract apparently :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm

Lets play 4-4-2 now MM

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:11 pm

I haven't been online at all really today so to switch on and see this news is amazing.

I really rate Craig Noone! Came on against us and caused all sorts of problems!
Very professional player with a squeaky clean social life!

Very happy if this completes!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:17 pm

shocked with this but delighted
really cant see why brighton would want to sell one of their best players to a championship rival,not complaining though
was at the brighton game and noone will be lethal at this level,he looked very very good

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:20 pm

This is really great news!
I followed Noonie during his time at Plymouth and was very impressed with how he developed from an amateur player to a true professional with a great work ethic. Met him a few times at my son's club's training/presentation evenings and he seemed a very humble, honest sort of guy.
Nice one Malky!!

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:29 pm

Great addition, we've got the pace we've all been craving :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:04 pm

NIBluebird wrote:Lets play 4-4-2 now MM

I think Malky fancies the 4-6-0 formation used by Spain - we certainly have enough midfield! :D :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:39 pm

same old shit back four who always look like conceding goals for fun though. sorry malky its not another 6 midfielders we wanted it was at least two full backs and another centre half.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:41 pm

Well happy with that, We don't need a strikers with our midfield on the pitch. Can't wait for Sunday now. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:54 pm

steve davies wrote:same old shit back four who always look like conceding goals for fun though. sorry malky its not another 6 midfielders we wanted it was at least two full backs and another centre half.

100% with you there sir.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:14 pm

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8032008/

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:51 pm

'Malky not trying hard enough and losing out on targets' they said ;)

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:09 pm

I would play this

-----------marshall-------------

kev----hudson-----turner-----taylor

------------gunnarsson--------------

noone-------whitts----------Kim Bo-Kyung

--------Hellgursson------Bellamy-------

My reasoning. There is so much pace in Kim & Noone why should we risk Bellamy's knees. Put someone younger on the wings.

Bellamy is a proven goalscorer and he can play in front of Kim and score more as a striker