Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Past or Present

Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:44 am

Who on here misses walking through the old turnstiles at Ninnian Park?
Singing drinking and enjoying the decrepit old ground surroundings?

Why haven't we been able to transfer the atmosphere of the Old Ground across to the New Ground?

For those who say its the ground design, it doesn't create an athomsphere.
My reply would be ; but why? We have managed to create atmospheres in new grounds all over the country.
From Stoke to Sunderland and from Reading to Leicester, all have new styled ground designs and we are always in good form.

I don't believe it's the ground, I feel it's us fans.

Some of us are determined not to adapt to the future

Re: Past or Present

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:21 am

I just dont no what the problem is with us but its not just 1 problem.I think we have a few problems and if the club look at other clubs and the way they do things then we could learn and change a few things to make the present stadium a more enjoyable place.

I have been to most home games since the new stadium opened and the only stand out game for the atmosphere was leicester in the play offs that was awesome.We can do it but it only happens once every so many games.

The new stadium brought with it a new style of supporters and it gives the feel in the ground that you are going to a posh dinner were as Ninian you were going to a cafe for a cooked breakfast.

The club had to move forward but in doing so it has lost a lot of its core its soul and then to add to it they have now rebranded the club.

The club has changed so much in a very short space of time and I dont like any of it so much so I am already considering not renewing my season ticket for next year I just dont like the place and this new load of plastic man u supporting part time Cardiff fans has changed who we are as a fan base.

On top of that if it wasnt hard enough the club itself go and throw away its soul and identity so Cardiff City as we new it and the club we enjoyed for many years is now gone .

So to answer your question if we had ninian next to the new shower of shit I would walk into ninian any day of the week at least it was Cardiff City if you get what I mean .This at present to me is not Cardiff City and my long standing love affair with the club is dying out and I am not to blame ,the club has its self to blame for it.

The club has to move forward I no that but there must be a place for the older supporters who love the club otherwise you they risk loosing true die hard Cardiff fans.

A fans consultation must take place before radical disisions take place. :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:47 am

brickyblue wrote:I just dont no what the problem is with us but its not just 1 problem.I think we have a few problems and if the club look at other clubs and the way they do things then we could learn and change a few things to make the present stadium a more enjoyable place.

I have been to most home games since the new stadium opened and the only stand out game for the atmosphere was leicester in the play offs that was awesome.We can do it but it only happens once every so many games.

The new stadium brought with it a new style of supporters and it gives the feel in the ground that you are going to a posh dinner were as Ninian you were going to a cafe for a cooked breakfast.

The club had to move forward but in doing so it has lost a lot of its core its soul and then to add to it they have now rebranded the club.

The club has changed so much in a very short space of time and I dont like any of it so much so I am already considering not renewing my season ticket for next year I just dont like the place and this new load of plastic man u supporting part time Cardiff fans has changed who we are as a fan base.

On top of that if it wasnt hard enough the club itself go and throw away its soul and identity so Cardiff City as we new it and the club we enjoyed for many years is now gone .

So to answer your question if we had ninian next to the new shower of shit I would walk into ninian any day of the week at least it was Cardiff City if you get what I mean .This at present to me is not Cardiff City and my long standing love affair with the club is dying out and I am not to blame ,the club has its self to blame for it.

The club has to move forward I no that but there must be a place for the older supporters who love the club otherwise you they risk loosing true die hard Cardiff fans.

A fans consultation must take place before radical disisions take place. :ayatollah:

Me and you are talking from the same hymn sheet as they say, but some people won't let us have an opinion and we are told to move on and get over it, but I can't and let's be honest were more than 3 yrs in, In this new stadium and the atmosphere has not improved at all, in fact it's got worse yet, the last 3 yrs we have seen nothing but success on the field, so yes, I believe we def have a problem.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 am

for me, it feels like treading on egg shells in my seat.. if i start to sing or shout something, the majority around me look at me with disgrunted faces.

i always feel i have to be on my best behaviour and i do struggle sometimes to enjoy the game.. it always takes a good challenge on the field or something to spice things up and then those around me all stand and you can feel the atmosphere picking up, then to be told to sit down again and everyone goes all quiet and it falls flat again..

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:04 am

Forever Blue wrote:
brickyblue wrote:I just dont no what the problem is with us but its not just 1 problem.I think we have a few problems and if the club look at other clubs and the way they do things then we could learn and change a few things to make the present stadium a more enjoyable place.

Me and you are talking from the same hymn sheet as they say, but some people won't let us have an opinion and we are told to move on and get over it, but I can't and let's be honest were more than 3 yrs in, In this new stadium and the atmosphere has not improved at all, in fact it's got worse yet, the last 3 yrs we have seen nothing but success on the field, so yes, I believe we def have a problem.

It's the glory supporters if you ask me. Half of our fans I see don't even cheer on our team or give any encouragement. Only when we score they might give a little clap. Got nothing against them but something has to be done. I remember about two seasons ago I was sitting in the Ninian with my mate and we was shouting down to the pitch as you do and this guy looked at us like we had just insulted his mother. Normally I am a nice guy but this prick looked at me like this so I said "what's your problem?" He said "I have kids here mate" so I replied "Not being funny but if you don't want your kids to pick up swearing why bring them to a football ground in the first place?" :?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:28 am

Seems to be a corporate crowd mentality then.

Annis do you know if the club is selling prawn sarnies this season?