Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Sunday!!!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 pm

So with the arrival of Kimbo and hopefully the return of the inured players from saturday, what team and formation would you play against Wolves?? Mine is:

Marshall

Mcnaughton Hudson Turner Taylor

Gunnarson

Bellamy Whittingham Kimbo

Mutch

Velikonja

we have got to remember that helguson is 35 before long and has not had much game time at QPR so i would give him a rest and try Velikonja to see how well he works alone up front!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Sunday!!!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:17 pm

IMO - Mason should be given a start.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:IMO - Mason should be given a start.

Definitely, should be one of the first names on the teamsheet just behind Helguson in my opinion (not on the wing), his movement opens up space for the midfielders like Whitts. This boy is special, i really believe that. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:20 pm

i would agree with you topcat but i also think velikonja should be given a chance to play considering he cost us over 1 million,do you many clubs who pay that for a striker who sits on the bench!! but with the squad we got everyone should be given a chance,most of them are quality players!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:25 pm

Id like to see 442 with Helgs and Mason up top. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm

I would like to see the formation changed at home,im all for 4-5-1 away from home....but at home we need to take the game to who we are playing.

Also why do we always have to get ALL 11 PLAYERS -defending at the other teams corners :?:
NO out ball,and we are again defending the ball being played back in.
Keep 1 or 2 up front....teams would have to keep defenders back to cover our attackers

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:31 pm

i would like to see al of our striker being mixed with eachother to find out who works best with eachother,dont forget bellamy can play up top too so that could give another winger like conway a run out while craig mixes with our strikers, :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:35 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:I would like to see the formation changed at home,im all for 4-5-1 away from home....but at home we need to take the game to who we are playing.

Also why do we always have to get ALL 11 PLAYERS -defending at the other teams corners :?:
NO out ball,and we are again defending the ball being played back in.

Keep 1 or 2 up front....teams would have to keep defenders back to cover our attackers

This was mentioned last season by people who sit by me in the stadium and I noticed it at Brizzle the other day as well. I don't get that, it's completely negative. That sort of thing was to blame for one of Brizzle's goals, in my opinion. It was the one where Marshall threw the ball to Gunnar (at the away end in the 1st half) and a shambles ensued, followed by a goal for the Wurzels.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:38 pm

spot on topcat we have got to take it to wolves on sunday because one mistake and they will take full advantage and they have still got alot of talent and they will punish us from silly mistakes,remember they have more talent than bristol and look what they done to us from sloppy mistakes, sunday will be a big test and i hope we really turn up and deliver!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:47 pm

Kim Bo being here and Whitts on about playing attacking there will be a change.