Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What type of player is Kim Bo Kyung?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:49 pm

After watching him at the olympics and stuff I would say he does have a bit of pace but doesn't have it in abundance.
Looks like he can go past a man but he looks more like someone who will link everything at the top of the midfield and pop up everywhere imo.

A bit like Adel Taarabt for QPR when they got promoted :ayatollah:

Re: What type of player is Kim Bo Kyung?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:50 pm

A south Korean player. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:52 pm

A "Malky-Type" player.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:56 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:After watching him at the olympics and stuff I would say he does have a bit of pace but doesn't have it in abundance.
Looks like he can go past a man but he looks more like someone who will link everything at the top of the midfield and pop up everywhere imo.

Think you're spot on....he's not an out and out winger like burkey etc, more a playmaker

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:04 pm

Karl wrote:The complete opposite of A "Malky-Type" player.

You mean that surely?

By all account he's an excellent football player but they don't play hoofball in the far east so he's going to be pretty redundant in the midfield. At least he's reasonably short so theres no risk of him intercepting one of the back fours long balls.

:old: :old:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:10 pm

A South Korean Jason Bowen! :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Karl wrote:The complete opposite of A "Malky-Type" player.

You mean that surely?

By all account he's an excellent football player but they don't play hoofball in the far east so he's going to be pretty redundant in the midfield. At least he's reasonably short so theres no risk of him intercepting one of the back fours long balls.

:old: :old:

It was a joke.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:24 pm

If this guy can get to grips and control the midfield I can actually see more creativity and maybe more goals.
Spreading balls don the flanks and down the middle :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:08 pm

THE CARDIFF LAD wrote:After watching him at the olympics and stuff I would say he does have a bit of pace but doesn't have it in abundance.

He's of the David Silva type, plays out wide on the team sheet but will come inside more often than not and act as a link between the midfield and strikers, he's a flair player and will get a lot of assists but i don't think he'll get too many goals. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:55 pm

scott_w_ccfc wrote:

He's of the David Silva type, plays out wide on the team sheet but will come inside more often than not and act as a link between the midfield and strikers, he's a flair player and will get a lot of assists but i don't think he'll get too many goals. :ayatollah:

He ha scored 15 goals in 41 games for Cerezo Ozaka and he scored 8 in a loan spell at Oita Trinita. That os better than a goal every three games. According to Wiki anyway which I know isn't always accurate in nth number of goals scored.

And of course the championship is a different ball game. Still the potential is there

Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:18 pm

Kim and Whitts will cause murder in central midefield, both great playmakers with the eye for sweet passes. Hopefully Malky doesnt play Kim on the wing. We got Conway, Cowie (again better in the centre), Mason and Bellers for that. Whittingham if needed,
The overall point here is Kim Should be played in the centre, thats where you get the best out of him.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:52 pm

Elwood Blues wrote:
scott_w_ccfc wrote:

He ha scored 15 goals in 41 games for Cerezo Ozaka and he scored 8 in a loan spell at Oita Trinita. That os better than a goal every three games. According to Wiki anyway which I know isn't always accurate in nth number of goals scored.

And of course the championship is a different ball game. Still the potential is there

In the olympics he seemed to do a lot of tracking back and tackling which is a good thing. :D