Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Love of the club or Money

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:47 pm

So did sign the new contract for the love of the club or was it money as fans are suggesting on here and the other board :?: I believe we should of cashed in on him if we did have a supposed 5million bid from westham for him :ayatollah:

Re: Love of the club or Money

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:50 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:So did sign the new contract for the love of the club or was it money as fans are suggesting on here and the other board :?: I believe we should of cashed in on him if we did have a supposed 5million bid from westham for him :ayatollah:

Don't think it matters. he signed, he's our player. :?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:50 pm

I think he is just settled down with his friends and family life.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:51 pm

SBF1 wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:So did sign the new contract for the love of the club or was it money as fans are suggesting on here and the other board :?: I believe we should of cashed in on him if we did have a supposed 5million bid from westham for him :ayatollah:

He was are player anyway for the next three years its just been improved terms wise thats what i mean :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:52 pm

Karl wrote:I think he is just settled down with his friends and family life.

Well hes been here for nearly 5years so yes you would think so i know he used to travel from the brum area for the 1st season ater we signed him. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:53 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
SBF1 wrote:

He was are player anyway for the next three years its just been improved terms wise thats what i mean :ayatollah:

No, he was not are player. :o

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:55 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Karl wrote:I think he is just settled down with his friends and family life.

Well hes been here for nearly 5years so yes you would think so i know he used to travel from the brum area for the 1st season ater we signed him. :ayatollah:

Has he kids in school? Maybe he wants them to have a normal life as possible?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:59 pm

Do you think he's good enough for us or not?

I think he is and his motives don't matter. He's our player and he makes a difference most of the time.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

I think he is and his motives don't matter. He's our player and he makes a difference most of the time.

Yes he is good enough when played in the rite place everybody know this but always goes missing in big games vs the better teams as we have seen. His motives are no diffrent to anyone else to get as much money as possible how they can when they can in work. Whos to say his agent said to the club look we are looking for this much £££ or he will want a move away or a transfer request due to clubs his agent might have been tapped up by hence why he got a new contract on the one he already got. I believe we should have sold him for 5million if this bid was supposed to be true from westham we turned down, why do i think this because hes nearly 28 being the main reason as whats he got left in him another 3-5 years before his legs start to slow. I would rather that money get used on the likes of more ralls, mutch type players at 18-22 years of age who will come good in time with games season after season. What i dont get is fans saying players love the club when they would play for any team for more money nine times out of ten :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:45 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Yes he is good enough when played in the rite place everybody know this but always goes missing in big games vs the better teams as we have seen. His motives are no diffrent to anyone else to get as much money as possible how they can when they can in work. Whos to say his agent said to the club look we are looking for this much £££ or he will want a move away or a transfer request due to clubs his agent might have been tapped up by hence why he got a new contract on the one he already got. I believe we should have sold him for 5million if this bid was supposed to be true from westham we turned down, why do i think this because hes nearly 28 being the main reason as whats he got left in him another 3-5 years before his legs start to slow. I would rather that money get used on the likes of more ralls, mutch type players who will come good in time with games season after season. What i dont get is fan saying players love the club when they would play for any team for more money nine times out of ten :ayatollah:

Maybe next season, after he's helped us get promoted!

:lol:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:46 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Yes he is good enough when played in the rite place everybody know this but always goes missing in big games vs the better teams as we have seen. His motives are no diffrent to anyone else to get as much money as possible how they can when they can in work. Whos to say his agent said to the club look we are looking for this much £££ or he will want a move away or a transfer request due to clubs his agent might have been tapped up by hence why he got a new contract on the one he already got. I believe we should have sold him for 5million if this bid was supposed to be true from westham we turned down, why do i think this because hes nearly 28 being the main reason as whats he got left in him another 3-5 years before his legs start to slow. I would rather that money get used on the likes of more ralls, mutch type players who will come good in time with games season after season. What i dont get is fan saying players love the club when they would play for any team for more money nine times out of ten :ayatollah:

:lol: yes maybe but again whos to say he will cut it in the prem then, he didnt do it at a 18-22 year old. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:48 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

:lol: yes maybe but again whos to say he will cut it in the prem then, he didnt do it at a 18-22 year old. :ayatollah:

True. I don't think he's a Prem player, myself, though he is an excellent Championship player.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:50 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
bluebird1977 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

True. I don't think he's a Prem player, myself, though he is an excellent Championship player.

Or me nedd but i would love to be proven wrong lets get there this season 1st :lol:
:ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:55 pm

Aye, that'll do nicely.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:06 pm

Sometimes I wonder if you're even a Cardiff supporter

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:38 pm

I feel Whitts is being played out of position but also he's got into a comfort zone down here, where he only really turns it on in about 1 in 4 matches. Although our most gifted footballer by a absolute mile I feel the team set up struggles with him now and believe it was time to move him on to help our rebuilding.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm

I wouldn't say he loves the club, don't think that's how players think anymore and I can't blame them, he isn't a Cardiff boy.

He doesn't come across as the type to look for the limelight and I think he is settled and a sane person isn't going to turn down extra money are they?

No doubt he could have earned more leaving on a free before or given signing for another club would have gained a decent signing on fee.

In summary the money helps to keep him but I don't think that's everything for him.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:17 pm

I Bleed Blue wrote:Sometimes I wonder if you're even a Cardiff supporter

Oh do f**k off jordan your about 16 at best calling me a non supporter because its a thread on whitts signing a new contract when you grow up and get some hairs on your legs you might realise theres more to it than the old ( woohoo hes signed dance) theres obviously reasons behind it to why he signed ect. Thats all ive seen you do people talking about diffrent things in threads on many subjects being open minded on the topic and you have nothing worthy to say in that thread about whats being spoken about but your imput is ( i dont think your a real supporter) :roll:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:38 am

bluebird1977 wrote:
I Bleed Blue wrote:Sometimes I wonder if you're even a Cardiff supporter

Oh do f**k off jordan your about 16 at best calling me a non supporter because its a thread on whitts signing a new contract when you grow up and get some hairs on your legs you might realise theres more to it than the old ( woohoo hes signed dance) theres obviously reasons behind it to why he signed ect. Thats all ive seen you do people talking about diffrent things in threads on many subjects being open minded on the topic and you have nothing worthy to say in that thread about whats being spoken about but your imput is ( i dont think your a real supporter) :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: