Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: What's everyone's opinion regarding

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:30 pm

Jordy wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:Of course we can be proud, getting promoted is the name of the game, do it by what any means you can, its the hardest league to get out of. Only our fans could sound down about promotion

That just might be the biggest nonsense I've ever read. You're really saying promotion is the ultimate goal? So you don't care that the club just lost it's badge, colour, crowds, soul and pride? Do you really think promotion is worth having an 'owner' that cares way more about a country, people and economy on the other side of the world than about the city Cardiff, CCFC and the Welsh supporters who have been loyal through all the rough times?

How I despise modern football and it's plastic culture.

Well said, I'm amazed and saddened :(

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:51 pm

Jordy wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:Of course we can be proud, getting promoted is the name of the game, do it by what any means you can, its the hardest league to get out of. Only our fans could sound down about promotion

That just might be the biggest nonsense I've ever read. You're really saying promotion is the ultimate goal? So you don't care that the club just lost it's badge, colour, crowds, soul and pride? Do you really think promotion is worth having an 'owner' that cares way more about a country, people and economy on the other side of the world than about the city Cardiff, CCFC and the Welsh supporters who have been loyal through all the rough times?

How I despise modern football and it's plastic culture.

If youre not playing to win, then you shouldnt be playing. Sport is all about winning! I couldnt care less about the club having a new badge. Many a club has altered its badge. Do you wear a Riverside badge?!

IF THE NAME STANDS THE HISTORY STANDS

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:59 pm

another thread questioning citys fans loyalty if its not shirts, its atmosphere, now crowds!!!! ok lets go back to yester year at ninian with 40k+ crowds fantastic atmosphere and blue shirts so everyone will be happy??? doubt it though !!!! take look at other clubs crowds compare ours with theirs its up there with any, for god sake we are in recession double one in fact !! what do you really expect ??? things are what they are be gratefull! only promotion will change things end of story!!!!! :roll:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:02 pm

pembroke allan wrote:another thread questioning citys fans loyalty if its not shirts, its atmosphere, now crowds!!!! ok lets go back to yester year at ninian with 40k+ crowds fantastic atmosphere and blue shirts so everyone will be happy??? doubt it though !!!! take look at other clubs crowds compare ours with theirs its up there with any, for god sake we are in recession double one in fact !! what do you really expect ??? things are what they are be gratefull! only promotion will change things end of story!!!!! :roll:

Glad you've cleared that up. Nothing to do with the re-brand then?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:08 pm

blooobirds wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:another thread questioning citys fans loyalty if its not shirts, its atmosphere, now crowds!!!! ok lets go back to yester year at ninian with 40k+ crowds fantastic atmosphere and blue shirts so everyone will be happy??? doubt it though !!!! take look at other clubs crowds compare ours with theirs its up there with any, for god sake we are in recession double one in fact !! what do you really expect ??? things are what they are be gratefull! only promotion will change things end of story!!!!! :roll:

why would that effect crowds???? if we wore pink won all 3 games crowd on sun will be 25k+ as said before home support capacity is about 24k?? so whenever we get 23k + crowd unless away support is 3+ we are nearly full its simple maths ffs and segregation takes 1k away from crowd at big games, and dont mention family stand ffs so its not that bad is it???? if stadium appears half empty ect its because st dont turn up for whatever reason :roll:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
blooobirds wrote:

why would that effect crowds???? if we wore pink won all 3 games crowd on sun will be 25k+ as said before home support capacity is about 24k?? so whenever we get 23k + crowd unless away support is 3+ we are nearly full its simple maths ffs and segregation takes 1k away from crowd at big games, and dont mention family stand ffs so its not that bad is it???? if stadium appears half empty ect its because st dont turn up for whatever reason :roll:

The man talks sense! Nobody outside the club cares about the rebrand in or out of the club. Its a small minority who want things done there way. The man came in and saved the club. Success will breed success in the club and in the stands.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:17 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:If youre not playing to win, then you shouldnt be playing. Sport is all about winning! I couldnt care less about the club having a new badge. Many a club has altered its badge. Do you wear a Riverside badge?!

Well, then. That's just a different approach from mine. You have all the right to your view on football, but I certainly don't share it with you.

As for the 'Riverside' argument, please get a grip, will you? This argument has been used again and again by the red brigade and it is an invalid argument.
Let me explain to you why that is: The original colours have been changes to blue and white about 9 years after the club was founded. The bluebird has been on the shirt since the late '60's. Most of the club's history has been written in the colour blue and most of the current fans know Cardiff as the Bluebirds.
And sudden there comes a man along, from the other side of the planet. This businessman has never had any interest in Cardiff or Wales whatsoever. He changes the colours and badge of the club just for commercial purposes. Without any regard for the lifelong supporters of Cardiff City in Wales, he throws away the soul of the club in order to attach Chinese and Malaysians gloryhunters to the club.

You can't justify that. Especially not by dishonest arguments about the club's history.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:42 pm

Jordy wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:If youre not playing to win, then you shouldnt be playing. Sport is all about winning! I couldnt care less about the club having a new badge. Many a club has altered its badge. Do you wear a Riverside badge?!

Well, then. That's just a different approach from mine. You have all the right to your view on football, but I certainly don't share it with you.

As for the 'Riverside' argument, please get a grip, will you? This argument has been used again and again by the red brigade and it is an invalid argument.
Let me explain to you why that is: The original colours have been changes to blue and white about 9 years after the club was founded. The bluebird has been on the shirt since the late '60's. Most of the club's history has been written in the colour blue and most of the current fans know Cardiff as the Bluebirds.
And sudden there comes a man along, from the other side of the planet. This businessman has never had any interest in Cardiff or Wales whatsoever. He changes the colours and badge of the club just for commercial purposes. Without any regard for the lifelong supporters of Cardiff City in Wales, he throws away the soul of the club in order to attach Chinese and Malaysians gloryhunters to the club.

You can't justify that. Especially not by dishonest arguments about the club's history.

So its okay to change something if its changed early enough?

A kit is a kit, a badge is the same, people couldnt name our badge if they tried outside of the club. But they all know the name cardiff city.

People look back at trophies, not badges and colours

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:56 pm

missed first game gutted . hols . but can afford home games only ? its a cost thing kids food . outside the stadium. lol transport . price of tkts . and to be honest i have lost a little bit pride in my club . blue and allwayes will be . times are hard . thats the way a lot of us feel . the mates ive spoken to anyway ??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:13 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
blooobirds wrote:

I don't go any more and neither do a few of my mates with the change of kit and badge being the reason. I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:13 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:
Jordy wrote:

So its okay to change something if its changed early enough?

A kit is a kit, a badge is the same, people couldnt name our badge if they tried outside of the club. But they all know the name cardiff city.

People look back at trophies, not badges and colours

Exactly :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:14 pm

First Game Real Madrid 71

Solid Season ticket holder since 2001. Off and on before then averaged about half the games because of work.

Got made redundent in March bought season ticket out of money.

But seriousley thought about selling on due to rebranding and lack of funds.

Prepared to give it one season and see.

Always wiil be City but food on table comes first and I know a few in the same boat.

Gone are the day's when i'd have an all day sesh and the city the norm

Incidently , If anybody knowsof a job requiring a nymphomaniac needing a beer tester? Give me a shout, can't work Saturdays though :D :D :D

Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:20 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I didn't go to Hudds game as it had changed to a Friday night and was on TV plus I can't justify spending £60 on a round trip when I don't need too. Had it been a Saturday I would have gone.

I did Brighton away and although 800 is a reasonable support I'm surprised there weren't more CCFC there. This cost me another £100 in tickets, travel and food for kids. I think away support will decline this year for most clubs due to fuel costs.

The main reason in my opinion for lower crowds is price of tickets and transport costs.

You should of said hello at Brighton,
It cost me near on £100, train £28, ticket £29.50, beer £30, food £6........singing with fellow city fans on a Tuesday evening....PRICELESS :ayatollah:

shoot, only £30 on beer, Jules you are slipping, :old:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:17 pm

I think our crowds have been marvellous considering our dim and not so distant past. To average 20000 plus and get 24000 for big games is what we could only dream about in the 80's and 90's. We are now on level terms with Brum, Leicester and Forest etc. Who would have thought that 20 years ago???

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:20 pm

Bluemellons wrote:I think our crowds have been marvellous considering our dim and not so distant past. To average 20000 plus and get 24000 for big games is what we could only dream about in the 80's and 90's. We are now on level terms with Brum, Leicester and Forest etc. Who would have thought that 20 years ago???

Good Point

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Very quickly the club has changed , we have lost thousands of supporters but gained thousands of modern supporters. They like the ground and the facilities. A lot never experienced a volatile atmosphere, so they know no different. Many fans were wary of taking the family now it's a day out . Last season even before the rebrand the old fans had become bored and disillusioned with modern Cardiff . The soulless atmosphere didn't help . The club at last did not have to rely on putting up with the antics of the lads. There was a whole new market. Was it all masterminded or coincidence.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:48 pm

Our attendances are a absolute joke in my opinion, when the side was doing well last season we should have been getting 24,000 for home games but fans are to fickle and the price has got nothing to do with it. I was talking to a Liverpool fan from canton who told me they were fed up with the commute to watch games and coupled with the price to take their Kids, when asked how much it was to watch city couldn't believe how much cheaper it was for games and said they would try to catch a few games before Christmas to see if their kids would like it. I know it's shocking that they have never been to the CCS but the club has to do more to get these fans on board before we get to the premier league.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:51 pm

Annis to be honest mate I think with all the rebranding the wow factor that I normally have with city is gone.I have renewed my season tickets but if I still feel the same as I do now at the end of the season then thats the end of the road for me.

I havent seen us play yet this season due to other commitments and to be honest I just havent got it in me to go and watch us.Dont care anymore Annis and maybe the lack of crowds is due to people feeling the same because I have spoken to peolpe who feel the same way.

I along with others have tried to except the new changes but it all goes a bit to far for me.

I hope I change my mind through the season but I think not.

Annis maybe this is your answer mate there is lots that dont like it. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:21 pm

Our crowds are now at a level they haven't been at for 40 odd years. And I would guess it's a lot more expensive in real terms to watch a game.Also so much on tele now that wasn't around then.

Is the nature of the crowd different to that of 40 years ago - you bet. Not sure I like it but there it is.The world is a lot different and I don't like that either.

I wish so many of the crowd who stand but do fook all else would watch the game/get behind the team and just swith off their feckin i phones.
The big premier league ( and some of the championship teams)teams have had 50 or a hundred years of being in the top divisions to build a history and level of crowds that we have only occasionaly matched in our history.

South Wales public have in my time always been very fickle. 20,000 down the City one week for a big game 10,000 or less for the rest of the season (in a good year). Lots of miserable moaning fookers. Nothing's good enough for them.Not loyal and consistent supporters. Not fanatics(original word for fans).

Are we building? Will the crowd average trend upwards?- yes, but this is conditional on continued investment and success.
Back to blue in Div3 and 3000 crowds quite easily.

Current atmosphere not good. Would safe standing help? Yes definately in my opinion.This could be done withot affecting the 'nice bits'.
No fire and passion in a dead stadium.