Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

What's everyone's opinion regarding

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:00 pm

Our crowds at home so far v Huddersfield and our forth coming crowds v Wolves and Leeds ?

Should we be getting 25,000 plus with all our new signings and a legend like Bellamy playing for us ?

Getting about 21,000 to 22,000 is that good ?

Should we be getting sell outs this season ?

Our season ticket sales as everyone knows past the 18,000 this season for the second year running :ayatollah:
Even though well over 2,000 from last season never renewed, but on the plus side, City had a lot of new season ticket holders this season.

The Semi-final play off crowds for the 3rd time in a row were down in our home crowd, that was disappointing in my opinion.

Are our home crowds good seen as the country is going through a recession ?

Should our crowds be bigger due to the new stadium and 4 Wembley appearances and nothing but success for 12 years ?

Re: What's everyone's opinion regarding

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Too many questions :lol:

Yes we should be getting more than 21,22k but with 18000 season ticket goers the 22k sounds good!!
Are we in the shadow of a nation of rugby lovers yes!!
But if we can average 20000 and have done for some years then how have we built that up from when we used to get 8000 on a Saturday afternoon.

The Bellamy factor I don't think is as big this time round! And I'm not sure why!!
I'm well chuffed to have him back but we can't rely just on him!
The red change has deffo played a part in it cos by now I would of bought the home shirt with Bellamy on the back but I ain't buying the red top this season! That's just me and my opinion but probably that of many!!

I think 25000 crowd is achievable but when we do get that figure it's not consistent through the season! Why?

I think our average attendance last year was about 7th highest in the league with West Ham, Leeds, Forest, Derby all above us but as a capital city we should be attracting more than we are!!!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:15 pm

And yes we have had success but how close have we gone in play offs etc!
Had that bigger success come then crowds would be bigger as we would be in the premier league!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 pm

I didn't go to Hudds game as it had changed to a Friday night and was on TV plus I can't justify spending £60 on a round trip when I don't need too. Had it been a Saturday I would have gone.

I did Brighton away and although 800 is a reasonable support I'm surprised there weren't more CCFC there. This cost me another £100 in tickets, travel and food for kids. I think away support will decline this year for most clubs due to fuel costs.

The main reason in my opinion for lower crowds is price of tickets and transport costs.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:18 pm

What is it about Cardiff fans and this seeming OBSESSION with attendance figures?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:19 pm

its only been one game :roll: and that was on sky.

whats the predicted attendance for Sunday's game>?

I thought Huddersfield was about 19500?, but they say 21,000 because they count season ticket holders whether they are there or not, if we keep playing like we are the crowds can only get worse..

[quote="Forever Blue"]Our crowds at home so far v Huddersfield and our forth coming crowds v Wolves and Leeds ?

Should we be getting 25,000 plus with all our new signings and a legend like Bellamy playing for us ? We've had one home game and that was on Sky on a Friday night with the weather being crap

Getting about 21,000 to 22,000 is that good ? It's okay, other clubs attendances are in decline

Should we be getting sell outs this season ? We're all sell outs aren't we? Kidding, Not a lot of clubs sell out, if we had the Jacks in this division then we'd sell out but nope, I wouldn't expect anything.

Our season ticket sales as everyone knows past the 18,000 this season for the second year running :ayatollah:
Even though well over 2,000 from last season never renewed, but on the plus side, City had a lot of new season ticket holders this season.

The Semi-final play off crowds for the 3rd time in a row were down in our home crowd, that was disappointing in my opinion.

Are our home crowds good seen as the country is going through a recession ? Yes, considering it's either us or Swansea and we still manage to keep around 20,000 is good, it annoys me how we can get 35,000 at Wembley but can't get around 24k in a few league games but hey ho

Should our crowds be bigger due to the new stadium and 4 we mobley appearances and nothing but success for 12 years ? Yes but we need to achieve promotion if we want more fans, the match day experience needs to be changed dramatically to try and attract new fans, it's the same old fans, no new ones coming in, we need to make it a better day out[/quote]

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I didn't go to Hudds game as it had changed to a Friday night and was on TV plus I can't justify spending £60 on a round trip when I don't need too. Had it been a Saturday I would have gone.

I did Brighton away and although 800 is a reasonable support I'm surprised there weren't more CCFC there. This cost me another £100 in tickets, travel and food for kids. I think away support will decline this year for most clubs due to fuel costs.

The main reason in my opinion for lower crowds is price of tickets and transport costs.

You should of said hello at Brighton,
It cost me near on £100, train £28, ticket £29.50, beer £30, food £6........singing with fellow city fans on a Tuesday evening....PRICELESS :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:21 pm

Should. That is very wrong word indeed.

It's words like that that contribute to the current feeling of us being owed something. That we deserve something, let's get one thing straight. We are not a big club, many people like to think we are... But we are not. Quite simply.

Bellamy is not a legend. He's been a bit part player for man city, Liverpool and Newcastle. He's a very good player but he's no superstar.

As for our attendances. We are a club that has spent most of its life in the basement of the football leagues, we have a premier league club down the road and there is massive unrest in and out of our club. Many people feel alienated and angry at what's happened and some are disillusioned. Our attendances willbe around the 20k - 21k mark all season, although in reality it will probably be a few thousand less sue to our bizarre ST no shows.

Many won't like my post but I don't care, as my name suggests... It's just common sense.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:22 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:I didn't go to Hudds game as it had changed to a Friday night and was on TV plus I can't justify spending £60 on a round trip when I don't need too. Had it been a Saturday I would have gone.

It cost me near on £100, train £28, ticket £29.50, beer £30, food £6........singing with fellow city fans on a Tuesday evening....PRICELESS :ayatollah:

:lol:

It was an enjoyable trip and worth the money. Sadly I cant afford to do it regularly.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
LutonBluebird wrote:

:lol:

It was an enjoyable trip and worth the money. Sadly I cant afford to do it regularly.

Yea mate I know that feeling,
Long way to go from Wiltshire for most games as is Luton!!!
I took a mate whos a Luton fan to Brighton and got videos on my phone of him singing loads of city songs!!

Cracking :ayatollah:
Last edited by LutonBluebird on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:26 pm

CommonSense wrote:Should. That is very wrong word indeed.

It's words like that that contribute to the current feeling of us being owed something. That we deserve something, let's get one thing straight. We are not a big club, many people like to think we are... But we are not. Quite simply.

Bellamy is not a legend. He's been a bit part player for man city, Liverpool and Newcastle. He's a very good player but he's no superstar.

As for our attendances. We are a club that has spent most of its life in the basement of the football leagues, we have a premier league club down the road and there is massive unrest in and out of our club. Many people feel alienated and angry at what's happened and some are disillusioned. Our attendances willbe around the 20k - 21k mark all season, although in reality it will probably be a few thousand less sue to our bizarre ST no shows.

Many won't like my post but I don't care, as my name suggests... It's just common sense.

Jackalert!

If you knew anything about our history CCFC have spent the majority in top 2 leagues apart from a spell either side of war when they were in div 3 south. CCFC stayed in top 2 division until 75. They got relegated and went up after a season. Same in 83. From 85 until 2003 we were in lower leagues. For last 10 we have been in championship.

Bugger off back to planetswamp please

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:34 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:The red change has deffo played a part in it cos by now I would of bought the home shirt with Bellamy on the back but I ain't buying the red top this season! That's just me and my opinion but probably that of many!!

Amen.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 pm

It was really difficult to get tickets in the area i wanted last season (family). If you are not a season ticket holder its a right pain.

The brand of football doesn't matter when you are winning, but when you are not it can suddenly be quite expensive to watch paint dry...... If our owners want modern football fans they better remember the attention span they have. Supporting city is not a sentence or a an incurable disease and a fair few of those with the incurable disease have been rid of their infection with a severe dose of red.

Live on Sky and holidays drop a few thousand off, and the jump on the band wagon when we are on a roll lot haven't found a reason to drop in yet.....

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:44 pm

once we get a few wins on the row the crowds will follow even tho they should be there in blue weather we win or not but thats not the case and cardiff is for life not just for wembelly. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 pm

Our crowds are pretty good for where we are just now. Look at the crowds that clubs like Blackburn, even Birmingham City, are having after relegation. Crowds will always flock to a winning team, in any division. To get 25k crowds, we need to be winning regularly, and playing a club that brings good away support, like SWFC or LUFC.

Am I the only one who is underwhelmed by Bellamy re-joining? :?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:49 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:Our crowds are pretty good for where we are just now. Look at the crowds that clubs like Blackburn, even Birmingham City, are having after relegation. Crowds will always flock to a winning team, in any division. To get 25k crowds, we need to be winning regularly, and playing a club that brings good away support, like SWFC or LUFC.

no, i feel the same about bellamy.

but you cant compare us to blackburn, they are a tiny club.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:51 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:Our crowds are pretty good for where we are just now. Look at the crowds that clubs like Blackburn, even Birmingham City, are having after relegation. Crowds will always flock to a winning team, in any division. To get 25k crowds, we need to be winning regularly, and playing a club that brings good away support, like SWFC or LUFC.

no, i feel the same about bellamy.

but you cant compare us to blackburn, they are a tiny club.

Wouldent compare blackburn to a tiny club they have been in the premer leauge for years and have got history hardly a tiny club but they have not been having the crowd's lately.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:53 pm

they are a tiny club. They bought the premier league in an era where it was possible on that scale.

and they never attracted big crowds. Small club who were just run well, with good managers to keep them punching above their weight, like Wigan

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:14 pm

I dont think we are in the shadow of rugby lovers at all. Wales has 60,000 registered rugby players, and the faw says we have 100,000 playing football, so football is actually the national sport. Esp when you consider how many the professional teams get such as the blues. Wale can fill the millennium stadium when they are playing well.

I dont think we should be filling the stadium as we have normally had about 22-2300 since stabalising in the championship.

Id hope we get 23+ but dont think the atmosphere helps. We def have moaning fans that get on the players backs. Its one of those that the opposition manager just tells their lads to hold it tight for 20mins and wait for the fans to turn job.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:24 pm

Believe it or not there are not only reluctant and pro reds since this rebrand. There is also a substantial number who are pissed off and will not attend anymore (Good on them I say for sticking to their principles). I hope the crowds are shit for the rest of the season and VT finally gets the message.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:28 pm

Pro red or pro blue if we get promoted tan doesnt need anyone in that stadium, the new tv money that starts next season is phenomenal. And in the prem, teams who normally generate a small crowd dont really care about "bums on seats". Its only the 40000+ that care as they make money from match day revenues in the decent numbers that they can build off.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:33 pm

MayhillBoi wrote:What is it about Cardiff fans and this seeming OBSESSION with attendance figures?

:lol: :lol: :lol: OBSESSION ,your on our message board ya KNOB :lol: FFS

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:39 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Pro red or pro blue if we get promoted tan doesnt need anyone in that stadium, the new tv money that starts next season is phenomenal. And in the prem, teams who normally generate a small crowd dont really care about "bums on seats". Its only the 40000+ that care as they make money from match day revenues in the decent numbers that they can build off.

But what if we have no bums on seats next season in the championship?

I'm sure the Malyasians will fork out £40 for a replica red Cardiff shirt and watch us religiously on TV, but is it really worth shitting on the fans who turn up week in week out. Our once great club has now become a joke and it's a real shame that if we were promoted at the end of the season, no-one can be proud as it wasn't done the right way.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Our crowds at home so far v Huddersfield and our forth coming crowds v Wolves and Leeds ?

Should we be getting 25,000 plus with all our new signings and a legend like Bellamy playing for us ?

Should our crowds be bigger due to the new stadium and 4 Wembley appearances and nothing but success for 12 years ?

times are tuff out there mate ,people havnt got the money to go like they use to look how far weve come in the last 10 years :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Our crowds at home so far v Huddersfield and our forth coming crowds v Wolves and Leeds ?

Interesting to see that season ticket sales are over the 18,000, with the mess that as been going on over the summer, plus the ones that did'nt renew, i thought we would have fallen short of last seasons numbers, i think our crowds are holding up ok, lets be honest annis, we, as a club have had enough heart breaks over the years to turn any sane fan away for good, if you look at the crowds for the championship so far this season, most of them are down, sheffield wednesday are one of the few who are drawing crowds of over 25,000, mainly due to momenum (promotion) from last season, i,ve no doubt, if we start playing attractive football and the results to go with it, we will be up around 25,000 around xmas time.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Huddersfield on a Friday night live on sky was always going to be a lower attendance.

Wolves being on a Sunday certainly won't help matters but with is bring wolves I would think around the 22k mark.

Very few games at the CCS have been home sell outs so I'm not surprised we didn't sell out and I don't think we will this season unless we have a game near the end of the season where we can can get promotion on the back of a win.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:15 pm

blooobirds wrote:
Ramstein blue wrote:Pro red or pro blue if we get promoted tan doesnt need anyone in that stadium, the new tv money that starts next season is phenomenal. And in the prem, teams who normally generate a small crowd dont really care about "bums on seats". Its only the 40000+ that care as they make money from match day revenues in the decent numbers that they can build off.

But what if we have no bums on seats next season in the championship?

I'm sure the Malyasians will fork out £40 for a replica red Cardiff shirt and watch us religiously on TV, but is it really worth shitting on the fans who turn up week in week out. Our once great club has now become a joke and it's a real shame that if we were promoted at the end of the season, no-one can be proud as it wasn't done the right way.

Of course we can be proud, getting promoted is the name of the game, do it by what any means you can, its the hardest league to get out of. Only our fans could sound down about promotion

Tue Aug 28, 2012 4:28 pm

Ramstein blue wrote:Of course we can be proud, getting promoted is the name of the game, do it by what any means you can, its the hardest league to get out of. Only our fans could sound down about promotion

That just might be the biggest nonsense I've ever read. You're really saying promotion is the ultimate goal? So you don't care that the club just lost it's badge, colour, crowds, soul and pride? Do you really think promotion is worth having an 'owner' that cares way more about a country, people and economy on the other side of the world than about the city Cardiff, CCFC and the Welsh supporters who have been loyal through all the rough times?

How I despise modern football and it's plastic culture.