Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Season Ticket

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:03 am

Hi everyone me and my dad have just moved down Cardiff and are looking to buy our first season ticket and were wondering where the best place to get our ticket in terms of atmosphere. Obviously grandstand and family stand are out of the question unless things have changed this season, i know the atmosphere at the new ground is no ninian park but cant remember on my last visit where the loudest part of the ground is. Thanks :ayatollah:

Re: Season Ticket

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:14 am

Probably in the Ninian or Canton stands. Mine is in block 103, on the corner of the Canton and Grandstand. Close enough to the singing and chanting, but able to sit down to watch the game (apart from when we score etc). Personally, I think that the atmosphere is OK. Ninian Park was not always a cauldron you know! Good on the whole, though :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:27 am

llangainbluebird wrote:Probably in the Ninian or Canton stands. Mine is in block 103, on the corner of the Canton and Grandstand. Close enough to the singing and chanting, but able to sit down to watch the game (apart from when we score etc). Personally, I think that the atmosphere is OK. Ninian Park was not always a cauldron you know! Good on the whole, though :ayatollah:

Finally a sensible view on NP

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:40 am

Bluebird_Kris wrote:Hi everyone me and my dad have just moved down Cardiff and are looking to buy our first season ticket and were wondering where the best place to get our ticket in terms of atmosphere. Obviously grandstand and family stand are out of the question unless things have changed this season, i know the atmosphere at the new ground is no ninian park but cant remember on my last visit where the loudest part of the ground is. Thanks :ayatollah:

105/106 in Canton Stand

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:57 am

Natman Blue wrote:
llangainbluebird wrote:Probably in the Ninian or Canton stands. Mine is in block 103, on the corner of the Canton and Grandstand. Close enough to the singing and chanting, but able to sit down to watch the game (apart from when we score etc). Personally, I think that the atmosphere is OK. Ninian Park was not always a cauldron you know! Good on the whole, though :ayatollah:

Finally a sensible view on NP

Well thats based on my experiences at both grounds, guess i chose better games at ninian park.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Thanks that sounds the right kind of seat for us, gonna decide after the wolves game :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:02 pm

Ninian Park was better in the last 8 or 9 years. I'm thinking more of the 80s and 90s, although they had their moments too.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:12 pm

Baz was telling me about Ninian Park days and it was only the big games that really got the place rocking :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:22 am

Canton Stand Block 105/106 is the best in terms of atmosphere, still rubbish though but the best part of the stadium is there.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: