Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: The most jaw dropping moment in a international match

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:41 pm

splottbluebird48 wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
splottbluebird48 wrote:That cheating b*stard Joe Jordan's handball Anfield 1977, being 16 and being chased by mad scot bastards

The penalty the Jocks got in 1985 was a shocker as well.

Yes agree there is a theme running here scot bastards :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hated them for years because of those games, then CCFC signed Jordan's son!!!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:04 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:the cracking header by Maradonna back in 1986 against Engerland :lol:

that was so much better than his 2nd goal (great though it was) and has given us 26 years of hilarity ever since :lol:

I hated that goal, in all honesty and I've always hated cheats. I'm all for more honesty in football, instead of dishonesty and greed destroying it.

England have cheated many times over the years, but our media always forget about those incidents immediately :

Michael Owen cheating twice (1998 and 2002) against Argentina (at least Maradonna only did it once :lol: )
Crouch's pulling of the dreadlocks against Trinidad in 2006

I just love how self righteous the British media still get about the Maradonna 1986 incident, whilst tippexing out their own cheating incidents.

Also, remember, they won a World Cup on a very dodgy decision, which the English players were hardly saying to the ref - that was clearly not over the line :lol:

1986 always makes me laugh.

I'm not ignoring the points you made, which were valid, but Maradona and any other cheats just wind me up. 1986 damaged football, just as the other incidents did.

I can see the point you're making there and in fairness, you're more consistent than I am.

I agree about the Jocks in 1977 and 1985 as well.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:21 am

I refer back to my reply ealrier... Sorry for the offence that clearly occurred with Joe Jordan, but with 1985, and Jock Stein, it was a case of the football community pulling together. Funny how at the worst of times that happens eh?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:24 am

Greece winning the Euros..
Germany stuffing Argentina..
Ghana vs Uruguay..
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: