Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: the wurzels singing"your not cardiff city anymore"

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:23 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Man up. Take tissues to the game next time, babys.

man up.........says a 16 year old.. :D :D :D

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:27 pm

Indeed. And I can still watch the same name everyone does and get behind them despite the colour.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:48 pm

There doing us a favour by making a mockery of our rebrand!

They have spoken out in the same way anyone who wanted to keep cardiff blue would have liked to have, No need for banners or a demo let the away fans chant it at our owners :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Maybe they might take it on board how they've turned cardiff city fc into a mockery in the eyes of all other clubs? :|

....But then again will they they as this rebrand is supposed to make us "self sustainable".........SO if we dont get promoted they shouldnt have to prop the club up to the tune 1.2m a month this year if there "vision" {buisness plan :roll: } is to be beleived!?!?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:51 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Yes it hurt. And yes the Wurzels were right.

Know they werent. We still ARE Cardiff City.

Made in Malaysia plastic edition.

:old: :old:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:53 pm

I love everyone saying it still "Cardiff City"! What if we had a Swan on the badge with Cardiff City FC on it. Would it still be the same?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:03 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:Nukes(if i may call you that) shitheads is what the blue few in bristol call us, it dont sound rite coming from you ;) wurzels is good enough. :old:

Hiya Chief. I grew up in Bristol in fact i was born there. My heritage is staunch Welsh hailing from the Valleys where i now live. Supported the Bluebirds for 40 years. But i have always known you as the shitheads. Got mates that are both Gasheads and City so beating you lot means the World to me. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Man up. Take tissues to the game next time, babys.

This ^^^^^^

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:46 am

No worries nukes, i actually had a welsh father although i was born in england and my wife is welsh. Worked with bluebirds all my life, thats why i love gettin one over on you lot ;)
gotta say you and lawnmower (and now gareth) are very reasonable and sensible posters and you offer good debate even to me, a wurzel :o . After all like you said we are all football fans . Think you might win that bet with gareth tho!!!.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:35 pm

krabb wrote:anybody else felt humilliated,hurt,gutted, :( :( :(

You soppy b*stard :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Thought it was quite amusing.

We just sung back 'City til I die'

I'm big enough to take it, as are most of our fans. Sticks and stones.

Spot on!!

Nice to know that they follow our every move :D

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :old:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:54 pm

Are we going to have one of these posts for the next 43 games ?

All opposing fans sing the same songs, we will get the same hymn sheet every game.

I still laugh when the obligatory "I want to go home, Cardiff is such a 5hit hole" when they are from some northern cesspit backwater town, but it doesn't make me angry, it means nothing.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:21 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:No worries nukes, i actually had a welsh father although i was born in england and my wife is welsh. Worked with bluebirds all my life, thats why i love gettin one over on you lot ;)
gotta say you and lawnmower (and now gareth) are very reasonable and sensible posters and you offer good debate even to me, a wurzel :o . After all like you said we are all football fans . Think you might win that bet with gareth tho!!!.

Gareth stands no chance mate :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: i pray to whoever god Gareth is right :D

Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:25 pm

Fairplay some of our fans are drama queens :lol: :lol:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:58 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Are we going to have one of these posts for the next 43 games ?

All opposing fans sing the same songs, we will get the same hymn sheet every game.

I still laugh when the obligatory "I want to go home, Cardiff is such a 5hit hole" when they are from some northern cesspit backwater town, but it doesn't make me angry, it means nothing.

Brum sang it last season. Yes, bloody Birmingham! One of the best laughs of the season, that - absolutely f***ing priceless!

As for the Wurzels chanting, it didn't bother me. I've supported Cardiff City Football Club since 1976 and have tolerated lots of comments over the years, including from Cardiff people who are anti-CCFC (usually rugby snobs). The worst chant I've ever heard was Aberfan and that's the only one that's ever wound me up.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
krabb wrote:anybody else felt humilliated,hurt,gutted, :( :( :(

Those with skins like Rhinos and those that backed the re Brand could not give a toss as they believe we will be a top 6 Club in the Prem in a few years time. Those of us that haven't got our heads screwed on anti clockwise could not help but agree with the Shitheads :cry: :cry: :cry:

spot on mate

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Krabb in the changing room talking about the rebrand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlrgAGiv9ZY

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:30 pm

DandoCCFC wrote:Krabb in the changing room talking about the rebrand http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlrgAGiv9ZY

Keep doing it on your keyboard, sonny, because I'm damn sure you wouldn't do it to his face.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:32 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Buchanan's Exocet wrote:Yes it hurt. And yes the Wurzels were right.

Know they werent. We still ARE Cardiff City.

Are we? It doesn't feel like to me. To me, being with an army of blue chanting "blue army" and "bluebirds" was when the real Cardiff City existed. Our club back then represented Cardiff, unfortunately our club now represents Malaysia. :(

I guess you weren't there though.

Plenty of 'Bluebirds' chants and the vast majority of us dressed in blue. Don't remember a 'blue army' but that has pretty much been replaced by Malky's Barmy Army for the past season or so.

I know some feel hurt or whatever, but for the rest of us its still Cardiff City - our club and always will be.

I wasn't there Saturday as I was at a stag weekend up Newcastle. But when Huddersfield fans were chanting "are you Wrexham in disguise?" I couldn't help agreeing and singing along with them. I know we will always be Cardiff City but it doesn't feel like the Cardiff City I grew up supporting and loving anymore. Obviously there are people who will disagree with me and have different feelings and emotions, but it is my opinion that the colour and main emblem on the badge symbolises the identity of a football club, and with these two things being changed it doesn't feel like I am watching my team anymore. Despite feeling this way, I will never give up my support for my local club and I will respect everyones opinions and feelings.

absolutely f**king spot on!

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:34 pm

Having a bit of banter and a laugh. Nothing against that. :roll: :?