Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"In Malky We Trust"

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:10 pm

12 months ago a great number of fans also added the words "In Malky We Trust" to their posts even though I wasn't one of them and would have preferred a more experienced manager to take over (Hughton/ Di Matteo, etc.) when MM was appointed.

It's amazing some 12months down the line that phrase now seems non existent and many fans want to lynch MM already. Malky has now had time to invest in HIS squad and he should be given time to prove himself as a top manager. Time will tell if this is the case although he did well last season to get us to the play offs and the cup final.

The concerns I have are 1. The reluctance to change formation depending on the needs, opposition/home/away, etc.
2. The negative style of football for the second half of last season/start of this season.
3. Reluctance to buy a 20 goal striker and players who provide width and pace.
4. Reluctance to use substitutions until the last 10 minutes of a game.
5. Reluctance to select players on form e.g. Conway for the sake of others who seem to be picked
regardless.
6. Not selecting players in their best position.

With the introduction of Bellamy on one side and Kim on the other it will be nice to play some attacking football with a bit of width. A bonus would be another striker (Maynard, etc) who can score 20 goals per season. The next dozen games will shape the rest of the season, i.e whether we are going to be a force or not. The way we are playing at the moment a 6th - 12th position is realistic. Malky deserves the time to get his squad playing attractive football and getting results. :ayatollah:

Re: "In Malky We Trust"

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:13 pm

I still trust him to make changes when necessary.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:31 pm

sounds like dave jones

Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Give him til the end of the season atleast, Although if we are doing bad half way through maybe they should think about looking for someone else.
Untill then we gota see what the crack is.