Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NIGHT MATCH AT NINIAN PARK PHOTO MEMORIES

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:44 am

One of the best memories of going to watch football was here , but i would have been in the Grangeend as a season ticket holder. The atmosphere at a night match at this ground was up there with he best . :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: NIGHT MATCH AT NINIAN PARK PHOTO MEMORIES

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:53 pm

When we moved across the road, leaving the old lady to be pulled down, my love of the game went with her... the atmosphere just couldn't be beaten, and as you said, night games were always a bit special under the glare of those floodlights.... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:54 pm

More than 3 years later and we are yet to witness an atmosphere like Ninian Park :cry:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:59 pm

A few more night photos.....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:07 pm

and one from the Grange..... :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 pm

can also remember piss poor atmospheres at certain night games,ninian park has gone time to move on

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:24 pm

caerblue wrote:can also remember piss poor atmospheres at certain night games,ninian park has gone time to move on

Was there any point to this post at all?.... or do you just like sniping.... we were simply sharing memories of happier times...

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:36 pm

Andy1927 wrote:
caerblue wrote:can also remember piss poor atmospheres at certain night games,ninian park has gone time to move on

Was there any point to this post at all?.... or do you just like sniping.... we were simply sharing memories of happier times...

I think that when Annis has stated, he has yet to have an atmosphere like it at CCS, it opened up other points of debate.

Ninian Park has gone, and it will never be the same in the CCS.

BTW, quite an atmospere in the daytime too. I filmed this clip against the jacks.(when the ref got coined)

http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/CCF ... 8363966147

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:37 pm

The shittiest atmosphere at Ninian Park still shits over the best at the CCS. Loved how intimidated the opposition always felt :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:40 pm

Andy1927 wrote:

lol show me one thread on here where someone doesnt have a snipe,yes ninian park was good at times but also shit

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:21 pm

I used to love night games at ninian park.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:17 pm

You will never beat a night match at NP.
When i was a ballboy they were good but when in the Grange End they were even better :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:More than 3 years later and we are yet to witness an atmosphere like Ninian Park :cry:

the best i believe to date was the leicester play off game...

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:17 pm

Beautiful and powerful, I honestly think that ground was why I caught the Cardiff city bug in the first place, Ioved the place. And nighttime and early morning kick offs were the best. Have a piece of her turf in my garden. RIP

Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:44 pm

I loved Ninian Park. I still miss the place.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:21 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:More than 3 years later and we are yet to witness an atmosphere like Ninian Park :cry:

I must say, I liked the Leeds game at the CCS two seasons ago.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:26 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:

I must say, I liked the Leeds game at the CCS two seasons ago.

Doesn't compare to 2002 at Ninian Park, though.

Ninian Park was a magical place to me, from the first game I saw in 1976, to the final game I saw there, which was Cardiff Bus v Scouse bus drivers in 2009. Trying to move on, but certain factors make it difficult not to yearn for times past when I felt more of a buzz at home games.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:50 pm

SBF1 wrote:
Andy1927 wrote:

I think that when Annis has stated, he has yet to have an atmosphere like it at CCS, it opened up other points of debate.

Ninian Park has gone, and it will never be the same in the CCS.

BTW, quite an atmospere in the daytime too. I filmed this clip against the jacks.(when the ref got coined)

http://s5.beta.photobucket.com/user/CCF ... 8363966147

Nice little vid that :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:00 pm

What about the two home games against Leicester the year we lost in the play off final, the semi-final verses Palace and not forgetting the game we beat the Jacks 2-1(nearly a night game 5.30 K.O) all great atmospheres.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:09 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:

What about the two home games against Leicester the year we lost in the play off final, the semi-final verses Palace and not forgetting the game we beat the Jacks 2-1(nearly a night game 5.30 K.O) all great atmospheres.

Agree with those, but 4 games in 3 seasons is not great, when you consider the attendances were a lot higher than in many years at Ninian Park.

We have to make the best of it, though and some people, including the stewards, need to lighten up a bit, so that we can build a better atmosphere at the CCS.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:43 pm

It takes years to make a house a home. Anfield, Old trafford St James park didn't happen over night it took decades for these grounds to become Legendry for their atmosphere's as did Ninian park for us, look at the emirates for years Arsenal fans moaned about lack of atmosphere there as did Man city. It will happen it will just take a bit of time.