Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Remember old Cardiff

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:00 am

Theres a page on facebook called Remember old Cardiff.
You should check it out if you haven't seen it, bring back some memories. Loads of photos 8-)

Re: Remember old Cardiff

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:01 am

Caerdydd12 wrote:Theres a page on facebook called Remember old Cardiff.
You should check it out if you haven't seen it, bring back some memories. Loads of photos 8-)

Link please.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:04 am

Great photo's, especially the ones of the old pubs.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:47 pm

http://www.facebook.com/RememberOldCardiff

Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:44 pm

A very good site for us oldies worth a look guys.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:32 am

Excellent site, with some great photos. Fond memories of my 34 years living and working in Cardiff, especially from the late 70s and 80s.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:38 am

Since 1948 will be having a whale of a time looking at that.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:57 am

Made me sad looking at that. This Premiership at all costs mentality is a relatively new phenomena and in my opinion has killed our club. Nobody is satisfied just competing anymore, it's the big time or nothing.

This is down to Sam Hamams era. He infected Everyone's minds with promises of success and added 15,000 to the gate since he took over. Unfortunately for us and the club these new fans have come at a cost as they only know success and only know dreams of the big time, that's all it is for them, it's almost as if the goal is bigger than the club itself to the point they literally begged the Malaysians to change the clubs colours, badge etc to whatever they like as long as they give us better players.

The real fans that grew up with Cardiff and had passion for the club no matter how good we were are now outnumbered probably 5 to 1 and this is the sad reality of the situation now. It's a desperate time for fans like me and I'm gutted. :cry:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:07 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Since 1948 will be having a whale of a time looking at that.

I am not on Facebook but here is another great site that I like to look at from time to time.

http://www.cardiffians.co.uk/