Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: As soon as Kim comes into team...

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:27 am

****SORRY BUT I ACCIDENTALLY PRESSED SUBMIT WHEN I WAS NOT FINISHED AND TOWARDS THE END IT DID NOT MAKE SENSE ON MY FIRST POST ABOVE, SO THIS IS MY FINISHED POST****

llan bluebird wrote:I think he is desperate to play 4 2 3 1 (like his mate Brendan ).

I was just surprised that Mutch and Gunnar (Kiss, Ralls) were not the two holding/sitting cover boys with Whitts in a roaming (linking) role through the middle with two pacey widemen. Cowie can also play the central attacking midfield role

I think he played 451 due to our limited striking options and was surprised that it worked up to christmas, but when we got sussed, christ did we get sussed !

I think that the 4-2-3-1 formation would be ideal for us, especially with the players that we have got. I think if we set our team out like this:-

McNaughton Hudson Turner Taylor
Gunnarsson Mutch
Bellamy Whittingham Kim
Velikonja

I really do think that we would set this division alight, especially with players like Mason, Kiss, Helguson, Smith, Connolly, etc ready to step straight into the side at any time, if there is loss of form or injuries or in Mason's case when we have 2 games in a week and Bellamy can't play one of them Mase can come straight in and fit well into this formation. Although, if we really want this formation to be effective then we have to start with Velikonja up front as he has much better movement and is much faster than Helguson. I don't think we would be as effective with Helguson as the lone striker in this formation as his movement is not that great and if he were to play in the side it would give players like Hudson and Mcnaughton the excuse to play long balls a lot of the time, instead of us playing the ball on the floor and using Velikonja's amazing movement to our advantage. I really do think that the team above, along with that formation and personnel, would create many chances for our midfielders and striker, which would then lead to more goals. That is one formation I cannot wait to see in effect.

Re: As soon as Kim comes into team...

Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:15 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19397227