Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

As soon as Kim comes into team...

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:02 am

With Bellamy on the other side and Helguson usually the main striker in the middle, this negative 4-5-1 formation will turn into an attacking 4-3-3, mark my words.

Don't give up on what Malky's trying to do this season yet guys, when Turner's back too i still believe we have the squad and manager to take us up this season. :ayatollah:

Re: As soon as Kim comes into team...

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:05 am

You can have all the best players in the world but if your defence is shit - it's shit!

And it's shit - well half shit!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 am

I have a feeling that Kim's going to make a difference.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:11 am

scott_w_ccfc wrote:With Bellamy on the other side and Helguson usually the main striker in the middle, this negative 4-5-1 formation will turn into an attacking 4-3-3, mark my words.

Don't give up on what Malky's trying to do this season yet guys, when Turner's back too i still believe we have the squad and manager to take us up this season. :ayatollah:

Thats what im hoping to see. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:11 am

I reckon Kim will come good, but it will take 4-5 games to settle into Championship football, I'm preparing myself for the 'what a waste of money' threads

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:13 am

Gavlar wrote:I reckon Kim will come good, but it will take 4-5 games to settle into Championship football, I'm preparing myself for the 'what a waste of money' threads

He'll be fine, more worried about how he'll take to Brains SA :lol:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:36 am

JonCCFC wrote:I have a feeling that Kim's going to make a difference.

So if he gets injured were fucked :?:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:41 am

I feel that the team will click once Malky get's the right combination, may be asking a lot to expect Kimbo to settle into the side straight away, but once we have a settled midfield, watch us go. ;) :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:46 pm

As soon as Kim comes into team.......... MM will play him where hes least effective ,wouldnt supprise me one bit if we seen him at right back :roll:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:10 pm

I think he is desperate to play 4 2 3 1 (like his mate Brendan ).

I was just surprised that Mutch and Gunnar (Kiss, Ralls) were not the two holding/sitting cover boys with Whitts in a roaming (linking) role through the middle with two pacey widemen. Cowie can also play the central attacking midfield role

I think he played 451 due to our limited striking options and was surprised that it worked up to christmas, but when we got sussed, christ did we get sussed !

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:11 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:I have a feeling that Kim's going to make a difference.

So if he gets injured were fucked :?:

No, I just reckon he'll turn out to be a quality signing.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:39 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:As soon as Kim comes into team.......... MM will play him where hes least effective ,wouldnt supprise me one bit if we seen him at right back :roll:

Sympathy for your frustration but I'll happily accept if you want to bet on that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:54 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:As soon as Kim comes into team.......... MM will play him where hes least effective ,wouldnt supprise me one bit if we seen him at right back :roll:

sorry mate with due respect you're talking absolute rubbish.

Just like Etien, Malky having paid a few million for him, will leave him on the bench and bring on for the last 10 minutes.

sorted.

:hiding:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:07 pm

Northamptonblues wrote:

sorry mate with due respect you're talking absolute rubbish.

Just like Etien, Malky having paid a few million for him, will leave him on the bench and bring on for the last 10 minutes.

sorted.

:hiding:

:lol:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:07 pm

arri potta wrote:You can have all the best players in the world but if your defence is shit - it's shit!

And it's shit - well half shit!

agree,the defence looked woeful on sturday

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:12 pm

Gavlar wrote:I reckon Kim will come good, but it will take 4-5 games to settle into Championship football, I'm preparing myself for the 'what a waste of money' threads

We will have those if he doesnt score a hatrick every game!! :cry: :roll:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:14 pm

griff105 wrote:

We will have those if he doesnt score a hatrick every game!! :cry: :roll:

Yes i will be making them :lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:30 pm

if wed have won all 3 games using the same formation im sure you would find something else to be negative about!!!!!!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:08 pm

HMMMM
And until then Conway is just a commodity we will not use. Cant comment on One Limb Gone as i have never seen him play. I heard someone say he is lightning fast and another that Hudson could beat him in a sprint for a bus. Will reserve judgement until i have seen him with my own eyes :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:12 pm

Whats the point of Kimbo? Connolly and Hudson are just going to smash the ball over his head anyway. A few posters on here are building him up to be the second coming of Jesus Christ. Wait and see and give him time, we took DJ for granted it seems, Malky doesn't change his tactics for no one.

:old:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:03 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Whats the point of Kimbo? Connolly and Hudson are just going to smash the ball over his head anyway. A few posters on here are building him up to be the second coming of Jesus Christ. Wait and see and give him time, we took DJ for granted it seems, Malky doesn't change his tactics for no one.

No they are not Jesus Christ didn't even play football :roll:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:16 pm

Bluebina wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Whats the point of Kimbo? Connolly and Hudson are just going to smash the ball over his head anyway. A few posters on here are building him up to be the second coming of Jesus Christ. Wait and see and give him time, we took DJ for granted it seems, Malky doesn't change his tactics for no one.

He played right back for Palestine

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:23 pm

griff105 wrote:
Bluebina wrote:

He played right back for Palestine

Got to be better than Kev this season

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 pm

No, Cowie will play right back of course. :ayatollah:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:29 pm

stuey1981 wrote:

if wed have won all 3 games using the same formation im sure you would find something else to be negative about!!!!!!

Yes

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:30 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

No chance rhys he will drop whitts for cowie to slot in then.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:35 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

Cowies the second choice keeper as well. Wonder if he'll try Cowie as lone frontman against Wolves?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:39 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
rhys1927ccfc wrote:

No way

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:12 pm

rhys1927ccfc wrote:

He probably could. Good engine to get up and down the flank. :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:16 am

llan bluebird wrote:I think he is desperate to play 4 2 3 1 (like his mate Brendan ).

I was just surprised that Mutch and Gunnar (Kiss, Ralls) were not the two holding/sitting cover boys with Whitts in a roaming (linking) role through the middle with two pacey widemen. Cowie can also play the central attacking midfield role

I think he played 451 due to our limited striking options and was surprised that it worked up to christmas, but when we got sussed, christ did we get sussed !

I think that the 4-2-3-1 formation would be ideal for us, especially with the players that we have got. I think if we set our team out like this:-

McNaughton Hudson Turner Taylor
Gunnarsson Mutch
Bellamy Whittingham Kim
Velikonja

I really do think that we would set this division alight, especially with players like Mason, Kiss, Helguson, Smith, Connolly, etc ready to step straight into the side at any time, if there is loss of form or injuries or in Mason's case when we have 2 games in a week and Bellamy can't play one of them Mase can come straight in and fit well into this formation. Although, if we really want this formation to be effective then we have to start with Velikonja up front as he has much better movement and is much faster than Helguson. I don't think we would be as effective with Helguson as the lone striker in this formation as his movement is not that great and if he were to play in the side it would give players like Hudson and McnaughtonI really think that that team and formation would score a whole load of goals.