Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: 14,000 says it all really!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:19 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:But we sold our allocation Chief. The attendance has nowt to do with us. It's the Bristol fans not believing in there team or is football just to damn expensive now ?

True, it is not our fault that they dont have loyal fans to support them.
And football is pricey.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:25 pm

Whenever you get beat by us all you fall back on is our smaller crowds. Well you have had a new stadium and 20000 crowds for 4 years and where are you ? Still in the championship, deeper in debt and still being beat by us wurzels. Premiership or bust. :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:37 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:Whenever you get beat by us all you fall back on is our smaller crowds. Well you have had a new stadium and 20000 crowds for 4 years and where are you ? Still in the championship, deeper in debt and still being beat by us wurzels. Premiership or bust. :ayatollah:

So, we've lost twice to you in the last 12 meetings, you must be well fed up of hearing about our bigger crowds then :lol:

As for debts, glass houses mate, oh yes we've goty debts, but at least we've got our new stadium to show for it.

What have you got for yours -you are losing £12m a year, and totally reliant on Lansdowne, who's patience must be running thin with at least 2 more years to wait before you get the new ground you need to get gates like us (which I believe you will).

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
whenthemoonshines wrote:Whenever you get beat by us all you fall back on is our smaller crowds. Well you have had a new stadium and 20000 crowds for 4 years and where are you ? Still in the championship, deeper in debt and still being beat by us wurzels. Premiership or bust. :ayatollah:

So, we've lost twice to you in the last 12 meetings, you must be well fed up of hearing about our bigger crowds then :lol:

As for debts, glass houses mate, oh yes we've goty debts, but at least we've got our new stadium to show for it.

What have you got for yours -you are losing £12m a year, and totally reliant on Lansdowne, who's patience must be running thin with at least 2 more years to wait before you get the new ground you need to get gates like us (which I believe you will).

:ayatollah: couldent of said it better 'Lawnmower'.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Patience running thin? Fan of the club, in his blood, bristol city thru and thru. My comment was aimed at why u always mention our poor crowds when you lose to us at AG. 20000 crowds have got you where? Losing 1.4 million a month and still in the same league as us.your only way out was to rebrand . What you gonna do if you dont get up this year mr lawnmower? Mr tan aint gonna be happy. What you cannot seem to grasp is our owneris a fan of our club, our future does not hang on total rebranding and premiership football, yours seemingly does. 14000 or1400 you my friend are a whole lot deeper in the shit than we are. 4-2 in our cup final

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 pm

Double post sorry.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:31 pm

Bristol City are just another club to us these days, don't give a shit about them, most of their lot still hate us though which is cute

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Of course we are john, thats why this forum made such a fuss about coming to.us. Face it we are your closest.rivals now swansea have left you behind, you really aren't all that. Premiership or bust?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:33 am

whenthemoonshines wrote:Of course we are john, thats why this forum made such a fuss about coming to.us. Face it we are your closest.rivals now swansea have left you behind, you really aren't all that. Premiership or bust?

I heard you are milions and millions in debt to is that right?

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:45 am

whenthemoonshines wrote:Of course we are john, thats why this forum made such a fuss about coming to.us. Face it we are your closest.rivals now swansea have left you behind, you really aren't all that. Premiership or bust?

We don't consider you rivals though, losing to you felt like losing any other game :lol: Swansea are our only rivals and losing to them feels like being punched in the stomach. It's hardly Premier League or bust is it... we've failed to get promoted year after year and we're not any closer to going bust :lol:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:59 am

whenthemoonshines wrote:Patience running thin? Fan of the club, in his blood, bristol city thru and thru. My comment was aimed at why u always mention our poor crowds when you lose to us at AG. 20000 crowds have got you where? Losing 1.4 million a month and still in the same league as us.your only way out was to rebrand . What you gonna do if you dont get up this year mr lawnmower? Mr tan aint gonna be happy. What you cannot seem to grasp is our owneris a fan of our club, our future does not hang on total rebranding and premiership football, yours seemingly does. 14000 or1400 you my friend are a whole lot deeper in the shit than we are. 4-2 in our cup final

Who knows what will happen if we don't go up, our chairman has said they are committed in the long term, same as yours. They are opening up new income steams and looking to invest more.

I don't know if you are aware but Lansdown had to back you up by £15m in 2011, I'd bet he had to do the same last year and needs to do it for 2 years more. How long can he do that for, how long will his family allow him ? You don't know for sure, so perhaps you should look into that a bit instead of trying to get one over on us. What happens if you get knocked back again ?

Tan is a billionaire, but could walk at any time, as can any other director. Our debts are higher than yours, but then we have something to show for ours - £50m of stadium. You don't. Just like us, if your main backer walks, or anything happens to him you are in admin -next day.

People mention the gates as its a fact. Just like your 2 wins in 12 against us.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:02 am

jinks-rct wrote:

I heard you are milions and millions in debt to is that right?

£40m at May 2011.

£50+ by now as losing £12m a season.

No new ground for another 2 years, but backed by Lansdowne a wealthy guy who sold his finance business a few years ago.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:49 am

Yes lansdown covers losses at AG each year, currently 40 m and yes they are going to rise again this year i know that and we need the stadium built in order to reduce those debts, but landsdown has stated on more than one occasion that he would never walk away and leave us in the lurch, lifelong fan of the club, working tirelessly to either get ashton vale built( where a very large proportion of the debt has come from) or rebuild AG. I can see that there are similiarities in both our clubs situtions yet you have been getting 21000+ averages for over four years and yet you are still losing 18m a year,so i cannot see financially where you have so far benefitted fromyour move from ninian. Give me a lifelong fan with the passion and desire to support his lical club financially over a foreign investor like Tan a.nyday . And i hope i aint caused offence to anyone by giving my take on our situations

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:48 am

whenthemoonshines wrote:Yes lansdown covers losses at AG each year, currently 40 m and yes they are going to rise again this year i know that and we need the stadium built in order to reduce those debts, but landsdown has stated on more than one occasion that he would never walk away and leave us in the lurch, lifelong fan of the club, working tirelessly to either get ashton vale built( where a very large proportion of the debt has come from) or rebuild AG. I can see that there are similiarities in both our clubs situtions yet you have been getting 21000+ averages for over four years and yet you are still losing 18m a year,so i cannot see financially where you have so far benefitted fromyour move from ninian. Give me a lifelong fan with the passion and desire to support his lical club financially over a foreign investor like Tan a.nyday . And i hope i aint caused offence to anyone by giving my take on our situations

Lansdown will sell you on, don't fall for the "I'm going nowhere malarky"

The reason we are still losing is we are still recovering from our previous regimes. We have been paying silly wages to standard one players like Solomon Tawio who we have been stuck with until now.

Our support has shot up since we got to the FA cup final and since then have returned to Wembley a few more times. No we have not gone that step further but we have maintained our support because we are knocking on the door. We are perhaps the only club to have had a new stadium and increase our support. So going on that you know what you have to do to benefit moving to a new stadium.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:15 pm

club44er wrote:But Cardiff city attracted a record attendance of over 25000 at Brighton on Tuesday night !! :? :? :oops:

shhhhhh........don't say that...........that goes against the idea this is all the fault of the rebrand :lol:

Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:29 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:This very poor attendance for a Severn side derby just goes to show that Cardiff City are not even box office for the worzels anymore! That figure is less than what attended in the 80's & 90's for 3rd & 4th division games. Like the Bristol fans were singing ("Your not Cardiff anymore!") & judging by this attendance they're right!. :old:

We sold our allocation, they did not sell theirs, what is your point????

Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:00 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:Yes lansdown covers losses at AG each year, currently 40 m and yes they are going to rise again this year i know that and we need the stadium built in order to reduce those debts, but landsdown has stated on more than one occasion that he would never walk away and leave us in the lurch, lifelong fan of the club, working tirelessly to either get ashton vale built( where a very large proportion of the debt has come from) or rebuild AG. I can see that there are similiarities in both our clubs situtions yet you have been getting 21000+ averages for over four years and yet you are still losing 18m a year,so i cannot see financially where you have so far benefitted fromyour move from ninian. Give me a lifelong fan with the passion and desire to support his lical club financially over a foreign investor like Tan a.nyday . And i hope i aint caused offence to anyone by giving my take on our situations

You are lucky to have him as we are Tan (though not everyone feels that way).

By the way your debts were £40m in May 2011, so over £50m by May and well on their way to £60m now, by the time you get your stadium it'll be £70-80, the last I've seen SL is worth £280m, so how far does he go. The money he put aside for the stadium has surely mostly gone by now, so I don't know the details, but won't that be another £50-£60m needed for the ground ?
Our loss by the way for May 2011 (last available accounts for both clubs) was the same as yours - £12m (not £18m). The main differneces being - our income was £6m higher, wage bill higher and interest bill higher (most of which will never be paid). Its a complex situation and not great IMHO.

Your situation looks far from straightforward to me also.

The simple message is we have all got worries on the money front, so congratulations on your deserved win yesterday, but please leave the finances out of it.

No offence taken. ;)

Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 pm

As an end to the finance thing, yes we are lucky to have them but i think you will find that in april this year lansdown was wirth 550m,he cashed in £ 47m of shares in 2009 to go towards new ground and another£ 58m the year after, so it would appear he can go on longer than you had believed.
Hope all this sack malky bullshit dies off cos you have a manager there who can take you places, much like ours. Lookin forward to coming to yours in feb and ending our woeful record at the CCS.a point would be nice :D but i will settle for 3!!!

Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:35 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:Patience running thin? Fan of the club, in his blood, bristol city thru and thru. My comment was aimed at why u always mention our poor crowds when you lose to us at AG. 20000 crowds have got you where? Losing 1.4 million a month and still in the same league as us.your only way out was to rebrand . What you gonna do if you dont get up this year mr lawnmower? Mr tan aint gonna be happy. What you cannot seem to grasp is our owneris a fan of our club, our future does not hang on total rebranding and premiership football, yours seemingly does. 14000 or1400 you my friend are a whole lot deeper in the shit than we are. 4-2 in our cup final

most city fans like myself don't look at you as rivals anymore. saturday was just another game.

Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:08 pm

murphy wrote:

most city fans like myself don't look at you as rivals anymore. saturday was just another game.

Speak for yourself there fella. But not long ago we was saying the same about Swansea. It makes us sound above ourselves. And since the re branding we have become very good at that.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:36 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
murphy wrote:

Speak for yourself there fella. But not long ago we was saying the same about Swansea. It makes us sound above ourselves. And since the re branding we have become very good at that.

i have always classed swansea as rivals. sorry if i offend you by not thinking the same about bristol city.

Tue Aug 28, 2012 5:47 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:As an end to the finance thing, yes we are lucky to have them but i think you will find that in april this year lansdown was wirth 550m,he cashed in £ 47m of shares in 2009 to go towards new ground and another£ 58m the year after, so it would appear he can go on longer than you had believed.
Hope all this sack malky bullshit dies off cos you have a manager there who can take you places, much like ours. Lookin forward to coming to yours in feb and ending our woeful record at the CCS.a point would be nice :D but i will settle for 3!!!

I was only going by what was available on the net - and the figure I had was from 2009. I'd trust you to know better as he's your chairman.

However if he's cashed in almost £100m then that's a hell of a chunk of his wealth, and however loyal he may be there will be an end to it (as there will be with VT, hence the need for us to look for more backers). The first tranche of the money must be nearly used up now in loans to the club, so any further delays will eat into the 2nd one which I guess would be needed for the new ground, unless there is a resale value on the site of your existing one ?

Even then a new ground isn't the end to it -as you pointed out, we are still losing money with a new ground and 20k+ crowds. In order to compete you will be in the same boat. Its easy for fans of other clubs to point at us, but in most cases they've got worrries of their own.

Just goes to show, even £100m doesn't go far for a championship club ! And sorry for nicking your kit colours :lol:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 pm

murphy wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
murphy wrote:

i have always classed swansea as rivals. sorry if i offend you by not thinking the same about bristol city.

The point i am making is a lot of our Fans said BCFC was our main rivals for a long period of time. Not individual like yourself who have rightly said the Jacks are are main rivals. For me it has been the Jacks as loosing to the Shitheads on Saturady did not hurt even a fraction as much when we lost to the Jerks. But it is still a Derby match :ayatollah:

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:06 pm

Lawnmower, resale value of AG was last year 20m last year,it will be another sainsbury store to replace the one just up the road and just as a point of interest is this year the last year of your price freeze on season tickets? If so do you think that rises will affect your sales drastically?

Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:09 pm

whenthemoonshines wrote:Lawnmower, resale value of AG was last year 20m last year,it will be another sainsbury store to replace the one just up the road and just as a point of interest is this year the last year of your price freeze on season tickets? If so do you think that rises will affect your sales drastically?

;) Next season is the last cheapo, not certain what the increase will be for myself, but i am sure i will pay it whatever division we are in, if you were having a new ground where would it be ?

Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 am

If you travelled to AG by coach on sat its about 300 yds from where they parked your coaches over the back of the industrial site