Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

14,000 says it all really!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:30 am

This very poor attendance for a Severn side derby just goes to show that Cardiff City are not even box office for the worzels anymore! That figure is less than what attended in the 80's & 90's for 3rd & 4th division games. Like the Bristol fans were singing ("Your not Cardiff anymore!") & judging by this attendance they're right!. :old:

Re: 14,000 says it all really!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:35 am

It was worse last season, and we never have big attendances when they visit.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:43 am

Talk about clutching at straws to slag off Cardiff city :lol:
Poor and sad really

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:45 am

JonCCFC wrote:It was worse last season, and we never have big attendances when they visit.

It was dire last season also, The best Family Club tag didnt appeal to the worzel masses either!!! :old:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

AHERNE wrote:
mugsy wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:This very poor attendance for a Severn side derby just goes to show that Cardiff City are not even box office for the worzels anymore! That figure is less than what attended in the 80's & 90's for 3rd & 4th division games. Like the Bristol fans were singing ("Your not Cardiff anymore!") & judging by this attendance they're right!. :old:

You dickhead - this was no slight on Cardiff City - it just goes to show how disenchanted Bristol City fans are with their team that just avoided relegation last season! :evil:

you call someone a dickhead for passing a comment .... what a dickhead!

Banned for that now :o :o

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:18 am

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90633

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:30 am

NIBluebird wrote:
AHERNE wrote:
mugsy wrote:
Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:This very poor attendance for a Severn side derby just goes to show that Cardiff City are not even box office for the worzels anymore! That figure is less than what attended in the 80's & 90's for 3rd & 4th division games. Like the Bristol fans were singing ("Your not Cardiff anymore!") & judging by this attendance they're right!. :old:

You dickhead - this was no slight on Cardiff City - it just goes to show how disenchanted Bristol City fans are with their team that just avoided relegation last season! :evil:

you call someone a dickhead for passing a comment .... what a dickhead!

Banned for that now :o :o

i cant understand fans like that NIBluebird .... its uncalled for abuse! ... what they dont understand is that its them that looks the real dick!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:05 am

So now we are to blame for another teams attendances?
You couldn't make it up.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:02 am

Bristol shit support and attendance got f**k all to do with Cardiff city mun, anything to have a dig ffs

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:15 am

But we sold our allocation Chief. The attendance has nowt to do with us. It's the Bristol fans not believing in there team or is football just to damn expensive now ?

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 am

we done our bit and sold all our tickets. i never recall bristol city getting big crowds at ashton gate. small club, small fanbase!!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:22 am

As most have said we did our bit and too be fair i think it only hold's about 21000, they have been in the doldrums for a long time also ;)

Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:33 am

We are in name only

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:50 pm

murphy wrote:we done our bit and sold all our tickets. i never recall bristol city getting big crowds at ashton gate. small club, small fanbase!!

Bristol here,what does that say about your crowds then??
Look at the last 30 years and our average has been bigger than yours for about 25 of them.( if you don't believe me then look it up :D )

Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:52 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Talk about clutching at straws to slag off Cardiff city :lol:
Poor and sad really

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 1:21 pm

Billy Wizz wrote:
murphy wrote:we done our bit and sold all our tickets. i never recall bristol city getting big crowds at ashton gate. small club, small fanbase!!

Look at the last 30 years and our average has been bigger than yours for about 25 of them.( if you don't believe me then look it up :D )

Sadly i believe that to be true. I was surprised that you didn't get a bigger crowd yesterday Chief :ayatollah:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Billy Wizz wrote:

Sadly i believe that to be true. I was surprised that you didn't get a bigger crowd yesterday Chief :ayatollah:

To be honest so was I, the last couple seasons have been poor and a lot have become disgruntled.
But it was a poor turn out on our part yesterday,fair play to your support and selling out. :ayatollah:
When the prices were dropped at the end of last season we sold out,so money is obviously a reason.
But if we were to win a few then the part timers will turn out again!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:25 pm

Evryone's missing the point; It matters not how well CCFC /BCFC /SWNCUM FC /WORZAL ROOOVRRRRS/'''''''''''''''All form goes out of the window, weather your top middle or bottom of the league these games have always been significant, Even Aunt Sally and Granmar worzal would't miss a visit from Cardiff City, Less numbers but same notion with Worzal roooovrs. And anyone that thinks Bristol City is a small Club obviously havn't been around long enough to know that isn't quite correct, Both sets of Fans always had good numbers for a Severn side Derby, And what people are forgetting is that the CCS is scorned at from a huge number of genuine Cardiff fans. The quiet dull atmosphere is also disappointing for visiting fans, Theres no point taking large numbers to a Cardiff match any more as there's not even a singing contest to be won. Truth is even the worzals have lost interest in Us, have a look at BC next home Atn and see if its under 15000? :old:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:29 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:Evryone's missing the point; It matters not how well CCFC /BCFC /SWNCUM FC /WORZAL ROOOVRRRRS/'''''''''''''''All form goes out of the window, weather your top middle or bottom of the league these games have always been significant, Even Aunt Sally and Granmar worzal would't miss a visit from Cardiff City, Less numbers but same notion with Worzal roooovrs. And anyone that thinks Bristol City is a small Club obviously havn't been around long enough to know that isn't quite correct, Both sets of Fans always had good numbers for a Severn side Derby, And what people are forgetting is that the CCS is scorned at from a huge number of genuine Cardiff fans. The quiet dull atmosphere is also disappointing for visiting fans, Theres no point taking large numbers to a Cardiff match any more as there's not even a singing contest to be won. Truth is even the worzals have lost interest in Us, have a look at BC next home Atn and see if its under 15000? :old:

Sadly all true :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:29 pm

What the hell are you talking about? We sold out!

We are Bristols Biggest rivals, It's nothing to do with our club why they didn't sell out...... Oh i know lets blame the rebrand! Malaysians out!!!!! :roll:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Nothing to do with the Rebrand though is it.

2011 Bristol v Cardiff attendance (before rebrand) attendance 12495
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17243524

2012 Bristol v Cardiff (after rebrand) attendance 14368
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19304583

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:35 pm

Guess worzel city aint our main rivals then lol if that was swansea with no restrictions there would have been a full house...and been carnage. Swansea are our main rivals! Even though there lording it at the top of the prem league blah'blah'blah we are still there most hated rivals and they are ours.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:39 pm

Main rivals
1/ Jacks
2/ Shit heads
3/ Gas heads

Most hated
1/ Jacks
2/ Shit heads
3/ Gas heads

Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:46 pm

Kanester wrote:What the hell are you talking about? We sold out!

We are Bristols Biggest rivals, It's nothing to do with our club why they didn't sell out...... Oh i know lets blame the rebrand! Malaysians out!!!!! :roll:

Are you reading corectly? YES WE SOLD OUT AND COULD HAVE TREBLED THAT if our allocation had been bigger, My point is The Wirzals aint even interested in Us anymore!!!simples :oops:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:40 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:

Are you reading corectly? YES WE SOLD OUT AND COULD HAVE TREBLED THAT if our allocation had been bigger, My point is The Wirzals aint even interested in Us anymore!!!simples :oops:

The worzels aint interested in anyone these days shit crowds all the time

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:12 pm

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:

So why did they have thousands more to play us than they did the game before vs Palace, where the gate was just over 12000 ?

Good song by the way, but on this one you are just talking crap.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:30 pm

Billy Wizz wrote:

You certainly haven't had bigger crowds than us for the past 5-6 seasons thats for sure beyond that

I've just taken a look at some stats, we'll be above you without doubt in.
11/12
10/11
09/10
08/09

also just checked
and we win
06/07, 04/05, 03/04, 02/03,01/02,

05/06 you win -by 5 :lol:
and also 07/08
Thats 9 of the last 11 seasons.

No doubt you would have had the better before that, but this is the 21st century now :ayatollah:

Link http://www.emfootball.co.uk/attend2008.html

However I'm sure with a new ground you'd soon be up nearer 20k.

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:21 pm

But Cardiff city attracted a record attendance of over 25000 at Brighton on Tuesday night !! :? :? :oops:

Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:48 pm

Bristol - Cardiff derby has been killed by all the restrictions. Yesterday was start of it perhaps being revived but will take a long time and Bristol will need to start bringing some to us!

Sun Aug 26, 2012 8:14 pm

Glad there was no trouble because everyone knows any fiticuffs and its back to the bubble. Hope there is none at ours either :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: