Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cowie is good

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:29 pm

He covers every blade of grass, which means he's always an option for a pass and always helps out at the back. Just because he doesn't take players on and whip loads of balls in doesn't mean he can't fit in. U need to get brazil of the 1970's videos out if u just wanna see a team where all 11 have a bit of attacking flair. He's like havin a 4th sub because the bloke never runs out of energy and is as fresh as the other 3 coming on. That's all I wanted to say.

Re: Cowie is good

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:31 pm

No doubt about his ability, he's just being played in the wrong position and we have better options

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 pm

MM likes to play quite narrow so uses him in a wider position to keep things tight in the middle.
I could maybe understand this (just about) in a 4-4-2 where he doesnt want us to get overrun but in a 4-5-1 we need the wide players to join up with the striker and Cowie isnt that type of player. It makes the whole formation negative and predictable.

I like Cowie but IMO he shouldnt be playing wide in a 4-5-1

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:32 pm

Does he have a position or just a free role? He seems to pop up everywhere.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:44 pm

try him at left back instead of Taylor.

Also try Kiss at right back instead of McNaughton.

Both Cowie and Kiss have the ability to run all day long and both are decent defensively.
At least then Malky can still play his loved ones AND play pacey wingers to support the lone striker.

If Malky continues to play the same way after Kim arrives, then he needs a good kick up the arse.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:47 pm

I can imagine Cowie at fullback actually.

Cant imagine Kiss at fullback though, far to erratic