Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Best player on the pitch today.....

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:42 pm

Tommy Smith!

Wen't to Ashton Gate today, thought some players were shocking, and some players really gave it a good bash!

If all 11 players on the pitch put in the same effort and determination as Smith today - we would have pissed it.

Smith's signature was chased for the longest by Malky, who finally got his man, and I can see why. His class appart, (touches, passes not going stray, decent balls forward, chasing it down, general game reading was excellent. I would say we have found a very decent acquisition for the right side of the pitch at last!

Some may disagree, but I can see a good player here.

p.s. - new boy connolly did a good job covering Turner, thought he had a HALF tidy game today, and he will only get better!

Re: Best player on the pitch today.....

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Agree with this 100% Shame he's not a little bit younger but he tried his best and I was confused when he was brought off considering he was chasing everything, working hard.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:52 pm

Totally agree - Tommy Smith was the bright spot today ( and Whitts had his worst game for a very long time )

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:58 pm

Merlin wrote:Tommy Smith!

Wen't to Ashton Gate today, thought some players were shocking, and some players really gave it a good bash!

If all 11 players on the pitch put in the same effort and determination as Smith today - we would have pissed it.

Smith's signature was chased for the longest by Malky, who finally got his man, and I can see why. His class appart, (touches, passes not going stray, decent balls forward, chasing it down, general game reading was excellent. I would say we have found a very decent acquisition for the right side of the pitch at last!

p.s. - new boy connolly did a good job covering Turner, thought he had a HALF tidy game today, and he will only get better!

You probably watched a different game :lol:

Sadly I disagree with you, Smith was poor in my opinion, gave the ball away for the first goal. But he did make up for chasing down and some decent balls......but general poor team performance made him look bad.

Whitts was disappointing, his awareness was shocking at some points and was tackled easily at times.

Taylor had a poor game by his standards as well today, Adomah had him in his pocket.

For me, Mason was probably our best player today.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:01 pm

Smith clearly our MOTM for me and by a distance, thought we was excellent. Our only creative player IMO

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:04 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:
Merlin wrote:Tommy Smith!

You probably watched a different game :lol:

Sadly I disagree with you, Smith was poor in my opinion, gave the ball away for the first goal. But he did make up for chasing down and some decent balls......but general poor team performance made him look bad.

Whitts was disappointing, his awareness was shocking at some points and was tackled easily at times.

Taylor had a poor game by his standards as well today, Adomah had him in his pocket.

For me, Mason was probably our best player today.

Looks like it was you who watched a different game!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Difference of opinion........ :lol:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:11 pm

Errrr it was Gunnarson whose pass cost us the first goal

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:13 pm

billy ronson wrote:Errrr it was Gunnarson whose pass cost us the first goal

Thats what I thought but couldnt be certain as it happened so quickly

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:16 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
billy ronson wrote:Errrr it was Gunnarson whose pass cost us the first goal

Thats what I thought but couldnt be certain as it happened so quickly

Was it.....opps my mistake.....I was so pissed off at what was going on...had Tommy Smith in my head :oops:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:27 pm

smith was motm for me too, connelly, HH did ok and mason very well when he came on and then i struggled to find anyone else who earned there corn, but it is only the third game of the season and i am not looking to slit my wrist's just yet ;)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:46 pm

Looks like I watched a similar game to the majority then! :D

Shame really a player that has only been with us 2 days has out shone some very good team mates!!