Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Its about expectation now

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:45 pm

While today is very disappointing, I think as fans we are entitled to question what the problems really are. As far as I see it, MM has got the squad and players in that were on his wish list, fully backed (and commendably so by the malasians), and with the off field shenanigins looking to come to a close.
Now, lest you all forget, watford fans had long warned of MM having favourites, staying with rigid formations and scared to make game changing decisions from the bench. CONSERVATIVE approach, I dont want fckn conservative and being set up to defend, I want passion, honesty and attacking flair, but will we be served up the same diet of medicrity in terms of playing styles as last season.
As others suggest, the Malaysians are first and foremost business people and they are in the results business, used to positive outcomes and success. Will they let this lie then?
i have thought about this and while some say we are only 3 games in, would we settle for this for the season, more importantly will the Malaysians.

Re: Its about expectation now

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Expectations are more than high, it's top 2 nothing else, plus quality football and no excuses.

Some fans accepted the stripping of our identity for a debt Free club and Premier football, so the stakes are high.
I never accepted and never will, as I honestly believe Tan should of at least delivered theses both things first, but I prob still would not of accepted :lol:

So yes the stakes and expectations are very very high and the pressure will be beyond. It all has to be delivered this season.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:05 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Expectations are more than high, it's top 2 nothing else, plus quality football and no excuses.

Some fans accepted the stripping of our identity for a debt Free club and Premier football, so the stakes are high.
I never accepted and never will, as I honestly believe Tan should of at least delivered theses both things first, but I prob still would not of accepted :lol:

So yes the stakes and expectations are very very high and the pressure will be beyond. It all has to be delivered this season.

Annis, I think you're right in your assessment of the Malaysians wanting top 2 and nothing less - and on that basis, the question is, how long will Malky get??? That also means any new Manager would have about 30 less points to be able to play for.

I can see the logic of saying he needs at least 10-12 games for anyone to make a proper judgment, but will the Malaysians give him that long?

I suppose the other key question that would need to be looked at is, who would replace him - it's pointless getting rid of him unless we've got an appropriate Manager to come in - Harry Redknapp anyone ;)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:13 pm

Die Walkure wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Expectations are more than high, it's top 2 nothing else, plus quality football and no excuses.

Annis, I think you're right in your assessment of the Malaysians wanting top 2 and nothing less - and on that basis, the question is, how long will Malky get??? That also means any new Manager would have about 30 less points to be able to play for.

I can see the logic of saying he needs at least 10-12 games for anyone to make a proper judgment, but will the Malaysians give him that long?

I suppose the other key question that would need to be looked at is, who would replace him - it's pointless getting rid of him unless we've got an appropriate Manager to come in - Harry Redknapp anyone ;)

Dai, from what I gather and hear from our club, Tan is a very very impatient man and also does many things just out the blue and some of his decisions, no one would of even thought would happen, so Malky will already be feeling pressure.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:15 pm

Whats totally missing is we need a football man at the top.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:17 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:Whats totally missing is we need a football man at the top.

Ian, I have been saying this for 3 years.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Die Walkure wrote:

Annis, I think you're right in your assessment of the Malaysians wanting top 2 and nothing less - and on that basis, the question is, how long will Malky get???

I can see the logic of saying he needs at least 10-12 games for anyone to make a proper judgment, but will the Malaysians give him that long? That also means any new Manager would have about 30 less points to be able to play for.

Dai, from what I gather and hear from our club, Tan is a very very impatient man and also does many things just out the blue and some of his decisions, no one would of even thought would happen, so Malky will already be feeling pressure.

I think you're right on that Annis and I'm wondering if that's good or a bad thing.

Positively, if it makes Malky drop Cowie, play Ralls or Conway, ensure less hoofball etc, then that can only be a good thing.

Negatively, if that means that he feels he needs to be even more conservative to ensure no more defeats and plays defensively at home, then that could be a nightmare.

Malky definitely needs to show that he is prepared to mix his systems up a bit and that there is no one who is in the team just becasue he's a Malky favourite (Cowie could be a really good squad player, but if keeps starting, I can see him becoming very disliked by us fans).

I'm worried, but am still prepared to give Malky more time, but we can't afford to let this season slip away.....hmmmmm I'm thinking by 10 -12 games in we need to have at least 18-20 points on the table minimum.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:24 pm

I think this is very sensible.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

As much as I disliked Ridsdale he knew his football. Since he has left we have had a manager who blew the biggest chance we ever had of going up and now a manager who I believe is not up to it. Something tells me if we had a replacement for Ridsdale Jones would have not got his last year in and we would most likely would be up by now.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:33 pm

norfolkin welsh wrote:While today is very disappointing, I think as fans we are entitled to question what the problems really are. As far as I see it, MM has got the squad and players in that were on his wish list, fully backed (and commendably so by the malasians), and with the off field shenanigins looking to come to a close.
Now, lest you all forget, watford fans had long warned of MM having favourites, staying with rigid formations and scared to make game changing decisions from the bench. CONSERVATIVE approach, I dont want fckn conservative and being set up to defend, I want passion, honesty and attacking flair, but will we be served up the same diet of medicrity in terms of playing styles as last season.
As others suggest, the Malaysians are first and foremost business people and they are in the results business, used to positive outcomes and success. Will they let this lie then?
i have thought about this and while some say we are only 3 games in, would we settle for this for the season, more importantly will the Malaysians.

I think it's been suggested that Bellamy is costing in total about £50,000 for each and Earnie about £25,000 let alone all of the others. How much value have they given so far? It's at least top two wages but not top two performance.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:54 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Who ?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:35 pm

So, are we already specualating on time scales if MM is unable to get the winning mentality with the squad that he has expensively asembled and playing the dour stuff currently being served?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:44 pm

If we are not top 2 by whatever deadline the Malaysians have in mind, I think MM will be gone.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:49 pm

too much pressure i reckon annis, and fans are too divided, which i bet the players have sensed. it cant be good.
typical ccfc, we will never have the cake and eat it will we..... :roll: :lol:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:49 pm

palerider wrote:If we are not top 2 by whatever deadline the Malaysians have in mind, I think MM will be gone.

mid nov

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:10 pm

goats wrote:
palerider wrote:If we are not top 2 by whatever deadline the Malaysians have in mind, I think MM will be gone.

mid nov

Jan I heard today, but Nov time would not suprise me. If we don't go up, this will be their last season (imo) :evil:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:55 pm

the game is all about pace now and looking how other team's have signed players' and the players' we have signed , i would say there are 10 teams better than us in this league. the manager has to be brave and strong and go with mason ,ralls, maybe rudy a right pain in the arse and hungry young players. but managers never admit to faillings in the transfer market and always seem to stick by their signings . i hope this is not the case with mm ,because we have the players' and squad to make top 2 or win a play off place this year.we as fans can all see it so lets sort it out before it goes any further, come on malky best team mot your favourites.