Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

NO FKIN PACE

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:35 pm

Of our front 6 starters today (5 midfield plus Helguson) there is absolutely no pace at all. I've always supported Malky but I must admit to being worried by the players that he's brought in. Other managers seem to have brought in better players for less money. Did we need Smith? Is Mutch any better than Ralls? Why are we still playing Cowie out wide when he doesn't have the pace or the skill to go outside defenders? Last season Malky didn't have many options so Cowie did a job, but with the budget Malky was given he doesn't have many excuses. Helguson is not the type of CF I thought we'd end up with going into the new season. Baldock only cost a million and he is the type of livewire goal scorer we needed. What happened to Maynard? There's another goalscorer. Instead we bring in Smith who adds very little to what we've got in attack. And....as well as not being much of a threat going forward I still feel we are weak in defence. Full backs with no physicality and without Turner today we've gone to pieces. Looks like Malky has spent his budget too. Feel really down ATM. :(

Re: NO FKIN PACE

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:37 pm

Mason - Pace
Velikonja - Pace
Conway - Although not the fastest he has more pace than Cowie

I dont know why Malkys not playing them.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:43 pm

seanmogs wrote:Mason - Pace
Velikonja - Pace
Conway - Although not the fastest he has more pace than Cowie

I dont know why Malkys not playing them.

Mason has reasonable pace. Hard to judge Velikonja as he's hardly been given any game time. Conway IMO is a bit slow for a winger...but better than Cowie out wide. :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:55 pm

I thought Smith added pace and ability. We scored two goals away from home and could have easily had 4.

The simple fact is that if you score 2 away from home you should get at least a point. The problem was a CB pairing that hadn't played together, Britol targetted it and it worked. Ironically I don't think Connolly or Hudson had individually bad games, they just didn't play well together !!

Mason does need to start and I think the 4-5-1 may just change with him, Bellamy abd Kimbo to come in. Big game next week now !!