Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Malky Mackay - Not good enough.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:17 pm

The football he has us playing is atrocious. At best bearable.

I've been holding off criticising him, and I may be wrong, but I'm not too sure he is the calibre manager we all paint him to be.

His constant refusal to start Mason and play Cowie - who's slower than a slug running backwards on a treadmill - on the right wing is downright stupid.

He really needs to shape up. The way we've started this season has been very worrying.

Re: Malky Mackay - Not good enough.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:19 pm

agree with all of what your saying ,to many fans like his fist pumping and ayatollah salutes so that makes him ok...he aint good enough end of.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:27 pm

One loss and its like all the anti DJ stuff again only this time its Malky.Remember last year Reading were 4th from bottom or something like that at christmas and look at them now.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:32 pm

Amen :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:34 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:One loss and its like all the anti DJ stuff again only this time its Malky.Remember last year Reading were 4th from bottom or something like that at christmas and look at them now.

Reading had a decent manager who knew how to play attacking football, some of the stuff they were playing pre-christmas was awesome, they just were not getting the luck needed.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:35 pm

I can see what he's saying , the football is the same a last year not the best to watch..

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:43 pm

Firerawk88 wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:One loss and its like all the anti DJ stuff again only this time its Malky.Remember last year Reading were 4th from bottom or something like that at christmas and look at them now.

Reading had a decent manager who knew how to play attacking football, some of the stuff they were playing pre-christmas was awesome, they just were not getting the luck needed.

We beat Reading in January and did the double over them!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:46 pm

The difference is Reading had a lot of pace in their side with Kebe and McAnuff running at fullbacks and causing chaos. They also from Jan had a striker who could hold the ball up and scored goals. If you look at teams who do well in this division they have wide players who have pace who run at people, score a few goals and deliver quality into the box ie Blackpool (Ince & Phillips), Swansea (Theif & Sinclair)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:48 pm

Downendblue wrote:The difference is Reading had a lot of pace in their side with Kebe and McAnuff running at fullbacks and causing chaos. They also from Jan had a striker who could hold the ball up and scored goals. If you look at teams who do well in this division they have wide players who have pace who run at people, score a few goals and deliver quality into the box ie Blackpool (Ince & Phillips), Swansea (Theif & Sinclair)

spot on mate..

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:52 pm

The funny thing is when Watford beat us 4-1 away the other year they had that pace with Buckley and I'm not sure who played the other side with Graham up top. That's what I thought we would get from MM. As it is it's so slow everything we do!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:01 pm

You idiot :evil:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:03 pm

I just wish he'd just change the style of football to the same we played in the first half of the 2011-2012 season

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Having seen Watford trounce us with width and pace, when Malky was their manager...

All these comments are pretty much null and void.

The only question is...

WHY is he not playing a more adventurous style of football?

He IS capable of it

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:07 pm

d20 wrote:agree with all of what your saying ,to many fans like his fist pumping and ayatollah salutes so that makes him ok...he aint good enough end of.

Yep spot on . Malky and his pathetic 1 up front formation is a complete and utter joke

We beat Reading in January and did the double over them

So ? Liverpool on their day can beat Man City , they're still miles off wining anything

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:08 pm

It's much to early for this condemnation.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:18 pm

nobber wrote:It's much to early for this condemnation.

? Its Bristol City A Team we should be smashing to bits and for the 3rd game straight we were made to look 2nd best, especially up front .What the point is siging all these strikers when you;'re only going to ever play 1 up front? Best of all ever with 5 in mid field with were still trying to play the long ball game today, Nice one Malky you complete and utter tool .

Go back to Scotland and take the Scottish dour brand of football with you

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:47 pm

I don't know why we play with one up front?!?!

However I think 'blame the manger' really is a bit soon.

Brendan took the jacks up in his second season, why cant Malkay with us.

I just think considering we have a fairly new team with a good bench for once, it's going to take Malkay a few games to find his best starting 11. From what I gathered today ( albeit listening on the radio) it was a 4-5-1 in the first half with a 4-4-2 in the second half. Yet we scored the goals with a 4-4-2 formation. This is something I say Malkay needs to offer up front.

4-4-2 please Malkay.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:52 pm

Cymruguy2011 wrote:I
Brendan took the jacks up in his second season, why cant Malkay with us.

His first full season in charge actually and lets be honest the football Mackay plays compared to Swansea, well, as hard as it is to say this, its a million miles apart.

Im just glad they are not in our division they would murder us.

I hope to be proven wrong but we wont get anywhere near promotion under Malky