Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

IT'S ONE DEFEAT FFS........................

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm

For those that are gonna rant n rave, please don't.
We've lost, we will lose more, without a doubt.

Ok so 4-5-1 hasn't worked today, but if it was me I wouldn't have a clue what to do so let's give Malky some slack and not rip his head off FFS,
Nobody likes losing and I'm sure that includes him.

We could be bottom of the league but we aren't, long long long way to go :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Roll on Wolves :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: IT'S ONE DEFEAT FFS........................

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:11 pm

Totally Agree 3rd game early days some fans really do my head in we ain't going to go the whole season without losing people need to get a grip

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:12 pm

I think everyone's expectations are so high we are all just waiting for us to start banging in the goals!! But other teams have also strengthened and it is not going to be easy! But it is worrying me that conway was not even on the bench and he along with Bellamy are the only pacey and creative players we have out wide! Roll on kimbo arriving!!
Last edited by brewer918 on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:13 pm

think its just the performances are the same as the back end of last year.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:15 pm

It's more than one lose.

It's the same style of play, lack of chances and Cowie continuing to start.

i just want to rant and rage. i be ok in the morning :ayatollah:

It's not the fact that we lost, its the fact that MM is a tactical dinosaur, doesn't know when to change things, uses the same tactics, gets found out by other teams, doesn't drop players when they are clearly not suited to the role he plays them at. That's the problem :roll:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:21 pm

LutonBluebird wrote:For those that are gonna rant n rave, please don't.

Ok so 4-5-1 hasn't worked today, but if it was me I wouldn't have a clue what to do so let's give Malky some slack and not rip his head off FFS,

We could be bottom of the league but we aren't, long long long way to go :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

When was the last time we played well regardless of the result

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:22 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:

Thats going to make you realise Jules. ;)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:23 pm

Big Boss Man wrote:It's more than one lose.

It's the same style of play, lack of chances and Cowie continuing to start.

Agree it's the style of play I must admit it is so boring and we have only won 10 games out of 32 competitive games in 2012 so it is not even winning football
Malky has the players he wants been hear for a year and the style of football is not as good as under Jones I will support city whatever happens but the style of football is dreadful and only winning playing this style of football will make up for it

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:24 pm

Bledd10 wrote:It's not the fact that we lost, its the fact that MM is a tactical dinosaur, doesn't know when to change things, uses the same tactics, gets found out by other teams, doesn't drop players when they are clearly not suited to the role he plays them at. That's the problem :roll:

Don't some people talk shite.

:lol:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:24 pm

i agree.This is our first league defeat in quite a few games taking out the playoffs

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:26 pm

No - some people think we were going to go all season without losing! :shock:

Its a reality check, for the team and the supporters, but nothing more than that!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:28 pm

bluebird58 wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:It's not the fact that we lost, its the fact that MM is a tactical dinosaur, doesn't know when to change things, uses the same tactics, gets found out by other teams, doesn't drop players when they are clearly not suited to the role he plays them at. That's the problem :roll:

Don't some people talk shite.

:lol:

He's probably only 15 :lol:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Could not agree anymore with this :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:37 pm

Could have been a draw or even a loss against 'udds though.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:53 pm

Taliesin wrote:

Could have been a draw or even a loss against 'udds though.

But it was not, a goal was scored and we won. I don't see your point?

Is this the Taliesin from Swansea Uni BTW?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:10 pm

Ok so 4-5-1

It didn't work for most of the last season :roll: . Everyone worked it out, bar Malky :(. And when you're getting killed 2-0 away at least try and change it, but even that is beyond Malky

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:25 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:

Thats going to make you realise Jules. ;)

Can't disagree with that statement but if performances haven't been great then yes we have work to do.
The inept as some people think performances were justified at times last season cos of the threadbare squad we had, but...

Give them time to gel FFS

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:13 pm

How were our new signings today, was looking forward to seeing Tommy Smith

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:32 pm

A loss away in a big derby match, they're players we're probably bang up for it with the home advantage in a derby game and confidence high after a thrashing of palace in the week , we can't win them all and won't through the season, hopefully it's a blessing in disguise and a wake up call to malky to change these negative tactics, he gotta take the bull by the horns and go for it imo

Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:52 pm

Chief the cracks were covered over against Huddersfield. Malky has lost the plot :evil:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Chief the cracks were covered over against Huddersfield. Malky has lost the plot :evil:

Well he has seven days to find it again. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
A good home performance against wolves next Sunday will hopefully install some confidence back in the squad,
Hopefully Turner will be back to strengthen the defence, Wolves won't be easy.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:08 pm

im not ready to take scalps....but we were piss poor really,considering the talent now available.....and i think thats what hurt today :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Chief the cracks were covered over against Huddersfield. Malky has lost the plot :evil:

Spot on - we were poor against Huddersfield make no bones - we got a break and everythings rosey . Marshall stepped in again against Brighton to keep a point . Our defence is nowhere near good enough , tbh I think we could clear the lot of them out , ATs inconsistent & switches off , KM -I have rated but I think his time has come-far too often giving the ball away and tbh like a headless chicken at times - sorry Kev ! As for the Hoof bros - I'm sorry but neither MH/BT is good enough in my eyes - both lack pace & positioning nous and this long ball , week in , week out !

Malky's honeymoon is well & truly over , he's had all pre-season to sort out a defence that wasnt good enough last year and done FA apart from bringing in MC this week - too little , too late ! Malky needs to up his game - his selections/formations baffle me , his use of the bench is virtually non-existent . He seems like a nice guy - but nice guys dont get promotion too often !Ironically , DJ sitting pretty FFS !!

Pre-season was all about performances not results - well now is all about results and we've already lost more points than we've won . We still arent seeing the performances either . Time to prepare - tactics & signing , has come and gone, Malky needs to change things fast . Im not convinced he's capable - hope I'm wrong.

It's not the fact that it's just one defeat - it's the fact that we don't seem to be making progress .

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Its not "one defeat" ffs the Malky Mckay anti-football bandwagon has been rolling since he joined and has been in 5th gear since January.

But hey, he does the aggresive ayatollahs, and pumps his fist and kisses a phantom badge, even when lose, so long live King Malkay :roll:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:32 pm

Its not just about the loss.. We have been just waiting for the team to take advantage.
Malky sticks to the same routine.. In fairness we have been over due a stuffing. But we had it at West Ham but considering their squad kind of hard to see us compete in the game.