Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why did we lose?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:04 pm

I can't really comment much on this myself as I wasn't there and couldn't listen to the game on the Radio. But I know that playing a lone striker isn't working right now and Malky won't change the set-up, but why? :(

Re: Why did we lose?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:05 pm

Because he's too stubborn

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:05 pm

They scored a greater number of goals than us.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:08 pm

Hopefully the team will gel!! But sounds like our defence was shit!! No pace or width no potent strikers and the formation was shit!!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Because he won't drop his love child, also Connolly is wank by the sounds of it, & past it strikers :old:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:17 pm

I honestly think we can forget promotion this season. Malky has improved the team with better players but on the field nothing has changed from the end of last season. Surely Malky will now change his tactics and we will play some good attacking football next week with two up front. :?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:28 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:I honestly think we can forget promotion this season. Malky has improved the team with better players but on the field nothing has changed from the end of last season. Surely Malky will now change his tactics and we will play some good attacking football next week with two up front. :?

Dont hold your breath :(

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:38 pm

If MM changes it, it wouldnt be so bad maybe its an idea to play to the players strengths but he dont we got cowie playing out of his normal position every week AGAIN, it took two nill down today for him to take gunner off and put cowie in the middle ffs with mason comming on who was the only one who had a run at players when he come on and looked like he should be there everyweek but as we all know he will be back on the bench come the next game as we have seen this many times so nothing will change, we got no width at all, nobody will pick the ball up and run at players to take on yet all we seem to do is smash it up and hope, nobody picking up second balls after are hoofing up from the back, yet we got five central midfielders it looks like at times all within two yards of eachother i mean wtf is that all about if 90% of the time whoever we are playing pick up the nod down off there back four so tell me why do we even play five center midfileders if we can not win the 1/4 of the percentage of second balls over 90mins. I really do not get it another five games and if things do not improve after watching this crap style since xmas im with you ian. What make sit worse is he has the players now unlike last season so i got the shit set up back last season with the excuses that come with it, but now he has the players he has craved for and nothings changed at all. Some are blaming the players yes its there fault in away but you can not put square pegs in round holes even if your master tells you to it just does not work, MM is to blame nobody else.
:ayatollah:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:49 pm

NIGELNIGLE wrote:I can't really comment much on this myself as I wasn't there and couldn't listen to the game on the Radio. But I know that playing a lone striker isn't working right now and Malky won't change the set-up, but why? :(

Because he is tactically inept.......?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:56 pm

I Blame MM - people slagged DJ big time - soemone is getting tactics right right now and someone isnt

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:34 pm

simply just werent good enough :(

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:35 pm

We were way too congested in the middle and stepping on each other toes....

Mason on in a 4-4-2 atleast pinned there full backs back rather than them both pressing up to squeeze the midfield allowing them to leave there centres back to watch helguson who was all on his own.....

Simply put bad tactics...........They even printed our line up and tactics on how we play in there programme and it was spot on FFS!!!! :shock: :shock:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:40 pm

Defence was non existent, midfield continues to be overrun despite having a five man midfield, having a no pace 5'10 striker whose supposed to be an aerial threat clearly doesn't work

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:14 pm

timdog80 wrote:We were way too congested in the middle and stepping on each other toes....

Mason on in a 4-4-2 atleast pinned there full backs back rather than them both pressing up to squeeze the midfield allowing them to leave there centres back to watch helguson who was all on his own.....

Simply put bad tactics...........They even printed our line up and tactics on how we play in there programme and it was spot on FFS!!!! :shock: :shock:

Obviously they did their homework on Cardiff's tactics and Malky was too stubborn to change formation and tactics. Wonder if he reads this forum? :cry:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:45 pm

timdog80 wrote:They even printed our line up and tactics on how we play in there programme and it was spot on FFS!!!! :shock: :shock:
:lol: :lol:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:48 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:
NIGELNIGLE wrote:I can't really comment much on this myself as I wasn't there and couldn't listen to the game on the Radio. But I know that playing a lone striker isn't working right now and Malky won't change the set-up, but why? :(

Because he is tactically inept.......?

You've hit the nail there Rich !!