Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Don't get too excited about the 'takeover'

Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:43 am

Sam signing is great news and a big step towards City having a more secure future, if not by enabling a take-over then by opening up other financial markets.

I'm praying that all this talk if Asian Billionaires taking full control is true (can imagine the smug grins being wiped off the Jacks faces?! We'll be rich and the one thing they had over us 'the debt' will be gone) -

HOWEVER......

To take 100% control they must agree a fixed price for all remaining shares to which the existing shareholders must agree. Now being devils advocate, do you think that PMG and others will have just risen the asking price now that the debt is reduced? Ridders, Borely and other shareholders who have been there for years (even Dave Jones) will sell at an acceptable price to allow the club to move on (in ridders case it'll be to get the he'll out of here!).

However will PMG (and even Sam Hammam with his shareholding) see this as an opportunity to finally make some money out of their investment in the football side of things?

I really hope all goes smoothly but after so much dissapointment I just have difficulty allowing myself to believe
all this talk of a bright future.

I want the future TNT talks about!!!

Please sell those shares at a reasonable price to allow this football club to forfill it's potential.

Re: Don't get too excited about the 'takeover'

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:16 pm

Yep. I'm just a bit cautious about this.

As soon as the investment gets agreed, then DJ & PR have no interest whatsoever in CCFC as they will be paid a fairly hefty premium on the shares that they hold.

I'm sure that PR will want to screw every last penny out of the club before he departs.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:20 pm

Why all the negativity let's just all be hopefull and dream of the premiership

Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:55 pm

Ebbw Blue wrote:Why all the negativity let's just all be hopefull and dream of the premiership

I've got 24 years of negative experience of Cardiff chairmen - I think I'm entitled to feel a bit suspicious...

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:06 pm

I don't think the share price will be a problem. PMG/Ridders and 12 'others' bought in at 16p a share (although PR got some of his for 11p) in 2007. The opening sale price seemed to have been 45p a share with the Malaysians countering with a 30p a share bid.

So even if the Malaysians don't up their first offer (which is unlikely) all the investors from 2007 will have doubled their money.

Fri Dec 11, 2009 1:47 pm

city_85 wrote:Sam signing is great news and a big step towards City having a more secure future, if not by enabling a take-over then by opening up other financial markets.

I'm praying that all this talk if Asian Billionaires taking full control is true (can imagine the smug grins being wiped off the Jacks faces?! We'll be rich and the one thing they had over us 'the debt' will be gone) -

HOWEVER......

To take 100% control they must agree a fixed price for all remaining shares to which the existing shareholders must agree. Now being devils advocate, do you think that PMG and others will have just risen the asking price now that the debt is reduced? Ridders, Borely and other shareholders who have been there for years (even Dave Jones) will sell at an acceptable price to allow the club to move on (in ridders case it'll be to get the he'll out of here!).

However will PMG (and even Sam Hammam with his shareholding) see this as an opportunity to finally make some money out of their investment in the football side of things?

I really hope all goes smoothly but after so much dissapointment I just have difficulty allowing myself to believe
all this talk of a bright future.

I want the future TNT talks about!!!

Please sell those shares at a reasonable price to allow this football club to forfill it's potential.

Vincent Tan is now in a very strong position, Cardiff City itself amid all the financial problems are in a very weak position.

One wonders what Tan values those shares at whilst others may feel they are worth. The price I would doubt is yet fixed with due dilligence if still undergoing. Maybe some will not get the return that they hope, but certain parties may just hang in for employment!

Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:49 pm

We are on the cusp of the next stage and it's either going to be a beautiful journey, a tragic disaster or a rollercoaster ride of emotion. Being Cardiff I am betting it will be the latter! Get ready lads, we're in for one hell of a ride.