Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Team news v Bristol City / Match updates

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:24 am

@CardiffCityFC: Team: Marsh, McN, Tayls, Huds, Connolly, Whitts, Cowie, Gunnar, Mutch, Smith, HH.

@CardiffCityFC: Subs: Lewis, Kiss, Eti, Earnie, Mason, Ralls, Nugent.

@CardiffCityFC: No Ben, Bellers or Conway involved today.

Turner dropped! Gulp, read into that what you will!!

Re: Team news!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:26 am

Gavlar wrote:@CardiffCityFC: Team: Marsh, McN, Tayls, Huds, Connolly, Whitts, Cowie, Gunnar, Mutch, Smith, HH.

Turner dropped! Gulp, read into that what you will!!

:? :(

and no Bellamy!

Re: Team news!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:26 am

On his way ????

Re: Team news v Bristol City / Match update thread

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 am

I hope Turner, Bellamy and Conway are injured or Malky will have some explaining to do putting Earnie and Nugent on the bench ahead of them!

Re: Team news v Bristol City / Match updates

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:29 am

Is this turner being injured, dropped or sold? if he is not injured why change a team with 2 clean sheets?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:33 am

Well, at a guess I'd say Bellers has an injury or niggle and is being kept aside for next Sunday in tip top condition.

As for Turner, hopefully its an injury and its not because he's in talks with QPR. definitely need him this season.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:34 am

BlueMac wrote:Well, at a guess I'd say Bellers has an injury or niggle and is being kept aside for next Sunday in tip top condition.

As for Turner, hopefully its an injury and its not because he's in talks with QPR. definitely need him this season.

I have a bad feeling about Turner

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:35 am

Who'll be playing CB with Hudson, Mcnaughton or Connely do you think. Dekel K must be fuming on missing a starting opportunity.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:38 am

BlueMac wrote:Who'll be playing CB with Hudson, Mcnaughton or Connely do you think. Dekel K must be fuming on missing a starting opportunity.

Connolly at CB, he can play at fullback but CB is his best position

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:38 am

Turner took a knock in training according to Walesonline

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:01 pm

welshden wrote:Turner took a knock in training according to Walesonline

:lol: Don't believe that at all. Seems a bit late to be hearing about 'knocks' now.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:07 pm

no surprise there tbh straight forward replacements for bellers and turner with connly and smith and defo no surprise son of malkay still out on the right wing, just an idea malkay how about changing the formation for once :shock:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:07 pm

no surprise there tbh straight forward replacements for bellers and turner with connly and smith and defo no surprise son of malkay still out on the right wing, just an idea malkay how about changing the formation for once :shock:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:28 pm

@MAcMcAuliffe: Ben Turner took a small knock to his foot in training, so it's straight in for Matt Connolly for #BristolCity v #CardiffCity today

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:32 pm

1-0 :cry:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:34 pm

f**k

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:35 pm

We need someone to put the f*cking ball in the net - we have a front line of OAP's

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:42 pm

citybluechris wrote:no surprise there tbh straight forward replacements for bellers and turner with connly and smith and defo no surprise son of malkay still out on the right wing, just an idea malkay how about changing the formation for once :shock:

Cowie must be our most versatile player, If fairness he's shit on both flanks

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:45 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:We need someone to put the f*cking ball in the net - we have a front line of OAP's

Well I'll stick my neck out here like I should have done during the pre-friendlies.

We do not have an attacking front. We did not last year and it looks like we don't this year.

I usually wait until the season is into its 10th game before I start predicting. After the summer goings on I expected some sort of compensation for what we are going to suffer by playing in red. I expected that compensation up front and I don't see it.

Just can't see us going up now.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:46 pm

2-0 :cry:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:46 pm

FOR f**k SAKE

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:47 pm

H.T. 2-0 :cry:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:47 pm

Shocking, Malky mix it up please, formation change for second half!!!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:50 pm

No great surprise, we have the same problem as last time Bellamy was here. Without him the team drops and the opposition thinks this is their opportunity and raises their game.

Malky needs to learn to come up with a balanced - Non Bellamy reliant - team and that must involve Mason.

Still, at least our manager cares about it being a Derby now... that's good...

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:51 pm

2-0 to the carrot crunchers. Didnt see this coming.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:53 pm

thank god Malky isn't picking my lottery numbers tonight, guess conway is injured but Mason should have started.

Could be a long long season.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 pm

How much longer will the majority of fans put up with the terrible performances that Malky's sides seem to keep producing,
am I the only season ticket holder who thinks the Whittingham experiment should come to an end he's not a central midfielder he's a left sided player, Bellamy must play up front with a partner, super Kev needs replacing as he can't pass water and Cowie did a great job last season but for a side seriously chasing promotion is not good enough as a squad player.

I know a lot of people will disagree but IMO Kev and Cowie would not have got into any of last seasons top six sides/squads and Whittingham would have got in any of them, but only as a wide left midfielder not a central midfielder.

Could be another long season without a change in tactics

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 pm

f*cking yay, Mason coming on

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:03 pm

Mason on for Gunnar

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:14 pm

2-1 - :ayatollah: