Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Dr Dre Beats

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:06 pm

These seem to be the cool thing at the moment :lol:

So firstly, what makes these any better than the standard earphones (ie £150 better).

Is this offer good
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=5706

Re: Dr Dre Beats

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:37 pm

2blue2handle wrote:These seem to be the cool thing at the moment :lol:

So firstly, what makes these any better than the standard earphones (ie £150 better).

Is this offer good
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/navigate.do?pPageID=5706

i've had a pair for almost a year now and there is a difference compared to normal ones! firstly when you got them on you can't hear anyone around you which is good, but only the big ones (studios) keep music in so other people can't hear what you're listening to! the studios which i got don't do that... the music quality is much better than normal ones as you can hear everything, but tbh they aren't worth the £120 (off amazon) that i payed!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:38 pm

Reviews suggest that the STREET by 50 Cent are better than Dre's :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Think they have sound insulation that stops outside noise interfering with your music.not certain though

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:39 pm

Forget about dre!!!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:40 pm

They are great headphones. My friend got a pair and I tthought they would just be slightly better. But I was wrong, they're awesome. They have a button on them to turn the 'beats' thing on which changes the quality completely. If you have music downloaded from the internet which isn't a great quality, don't bother with the 'beats' option as it just makes it sound more crackly, they work much better with music from cd's or itunes download etc.

Plus they block out any noise whatsoever :D :D :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:43 pm

Good, but overpriced. You can get better for half the price.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:52 pm

CantonJack wrote:They are great headphones. My friend got a pair and I tthought they would just be slightly better. But I was wrong, they're awesome. They have a button on them to turn the 'beats' thing on which changes the quality completely. If you have music downloaded from the internet which isn't a great quality, don't bother with the 'beats' option as it just makes it sound more crackly, they work much better with music from cd's or itunes download etc.

I'm thinking about the blue ones :old:
I dunno tho, seems expensive for headphones

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:55 pm

CantonJack wrote:They are great headphones. My friend got a pair and I tthought they would just be slightly better. But I was wrong, they're awesome. They have a button on them to turn the 'beats' thing on which changes the quality completely. If you have music downloaded from the internet which isn't a great quality, don't bother with the 'beats' option as it just makes it sound more crackly, they work much better with music from cd's or itunes download etc.

only the studios have a button, the solos (smaller ones) dont!... the studios are alot better tho!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:59 pm

These are the one's I have. Very good quality, nice design (you can go with other designs) and there's a bottle opener hid inside the zipper on top. Great value for money
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B003 ... d_i=468294

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:01 pm

I got a pair of Studios almost a year ago aswell. They are class and I love them!
But I think you can get music with the same quality half the price and mine do NOT sound cancel (They have a massive sound leak) It may be diffrent with the Solos but I'm not sure

I never regret getting them as I love the quality but they are quite costly
:ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:02 pm

I sold a pair of Dre Beats in-ear phones worth £200 for a £189 pair of Atomic FLoyds in ear - these ones:

http://www.atomicfloyd.com/superdarts they are the business! and I get them cheap now and again (£40) price on box is £200!

Although I bought these as well which i think are AMAZING value for money!!!

I bought them on offer at £15 but they're back to £22 now -> http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electro ... Sony%7d%2b

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:03 pm

Ive had my Studio's for over a year, they are amazing. The sound quality is fantastic, very sharp. It sounds stupid but you can hear every part and instrument in the song clearly. They are expensive but defo worth it imo. I also use them for my DJ'ing their ace for that!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:39 pm

I payed a lot for my studios. Well my Mam for my birthday.
Not a bad thing with them. Use them all the time. Beats Studios should be at least £120 be better and sell more. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:44 pm

Take some advice from a DJ and don't bother with Beats. Go buy your selfs some Sennheiser HD-25's.

I'm sure some of you have seen these before without even realising it as a lot of commentators use them with a microphone.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:44 pm

The most overrated headphone on the market, you pay for the name and not sound quality. Monster who make the cables for beats do a much better headphone for around the same price. I rate sennheiser and Bose over them as well.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:46 pm

BlueWhite&Yellow wrote:Take some advice from a DJ and don't bother with Beats. Go buy your selfs some Sennheiser HD-25's.

I'm sure some of you have seen these before without even realising it as a lot of commentators use them with a microphone.

Those are what ive got and they are a brilliant set of headphones

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:47 pm

You're very much paying for the name. Although they are good headphones and have some good features, I'd go with a different brand. Expensive Skull Candy's are the dogs. Also saw a pair of headphones in the Apple shop in Cardiff that were the same price as top of the range Dre's but were 10x better. Not sure what the brand was but it felt like you were holding two pillows to your ears they were so comfy.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:50 pm

Pioneer also have a good range of headphones. HDJ 2000's are the top model.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:47 am

I've been offered solo's for 25 worth it?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:12 am

ive got studios and tours, sound quality is awesome on them, they really are so much better than most, but like said above you could get better quality elsewhere e.g. seinheiser. your paying for the brand with these as they are regarded just as much a fashion item as headphones, people have been known to wear them round without even having them plugged in!

Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:25 am

Davidreesevans wrote:ive got studios and tours, sound quality is awesome on them, they really are so much better than most, but like said above you could get better quality elsewhere e.g. seinheiser. your paying for the brand with these as they are regarded just as much a fashion item as headphones, people have been known to wear them round without even having them plugged in!

ThE HD-25's and the Pioneer HDJ 2000's are pretty much industry standard within the dj world. Your not paying for the name as their the best on the market, fact. I have the HD-25s and would never dj with nothing else. And not just because I have the smallest head in the world and they fit snuggley ;)

Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:04 pm

Beats are a waste of money. You can get better quality for a lower price. You're essentially paying for brand with Beats. Sennheiser or Denon's will serve you much, much better.

If you're looking to drop that much on headphones I'd advise you to check these out:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sennheiser-RS-1 ... 226&sr=1-2

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:21 pm

All Headphones including beats are 50% off in comet - go grab yourselves a bargain :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:28 pm

2blue2handle wrote:All Headphones including beats are 50% off in comet - go grab yourselves a bargain :ayatollah:

Would help if there was an online store! Found a pair on Amazon at £108, cheapest I've seen :ayatollah:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:30 pm

CantonJack wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:All Headphones including beats are 50% off in comet - go grab yourselves a bargain :ayatollah:

Would help if there was an online store! Found a pair on Amazon at £108, cheapest I've seen :ayatollah:

I paid £109 for the Studio beats in Comet, where do you live? must be one near by?

Solos around £66 but sold out most places.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Sennheisers aren't at all bad in my books, but I prefer AKGs. If you're willing to spend 200 quid, go and have a listen, both through an amp and direct from a player similar to yours.

I have a few pairs, but I really rate both my current AKGs - 701s (open back) and the 272HDs (closed). The 701s definately need a headphone amp though, the Lehmann Audio Rhinelander is my weapon of choice at the moment. The 272s work well from just a soundcard or direct from a CD player, pretty good all round phones. Mine are always plugged into a little iBasso D10 portable amp/DAC/external soundcard, it sharpens them up nicely. Might be worth looking at amplifiers if you're serious about getting the best for your lugs.

It really depends on just what you want to use them for and what you're plugging them into.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:48 pm

Although if it's just iPod listening my post above is a little OTT. :lol:

Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Dr Dre? 50 Cent?

Why do all these idiot rappers think they are qualified to peddle overpriced headphones?

If they wanted to listen to their own shit music surely a pair of 99p headphones from the cheap shop would be more than adequate.

Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:29 pm

davids wrote:Dr Dre? 50 Cent?

Why do all these idiot rappers think they are qualified to peddle overpriced headphones?

If they wanted to listen to their own shit music surely a pair of 99p headphones from the cheap shop would be more than adequate.

go away ffs! look how much dollar they've made