Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Darcy Blake = over rated

Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:38 pm

It was a nice idea in liking Darcy Blake as he is a Cardiff city youth academy product, but lets be honest he wasn't that good. He had his chances as he was here for 10+ years. Maybe he should have played more under Jones but i just never trusted Darcy.
He always made at least one shocking mistake per game and it was a miracle when he found a city player with a pass. I preferred him at RB and/or him CB for Wales under Speed.
I wish him all the best Palace and i bet he scores against us! Good luck Darcy but i'm not sad that you are going :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Darcy Blake = over rated

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:37 pm

Top post and fully agree

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:55 pm

I always liked Darcy and it is a shame he has gone. TBH you could claim that most players make potential fatal mistakes during a game, not just old Darcy.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:15 pm

i liked darcy, but his attitude and professionalism is awful and for that reason im glad we have sold him

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:17 pm

Darcy had all the potential although for some reason he didnt want to fufil it

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:18 pm

He was ok, nothing more. His asset was his versatility but if Connelly can play across the back we have no real need for Blake.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:35 pm

It was always going to be tough for Darcy coming up through the ranks. Most "Cardiff" fans don't know the first team let alone some of the youth players. He wasn't a big name and he hadn't played premiership football and that plays against players in the plastic era. Lets all blame Darcy Blake because we've never heard of him before so he must be shit is an all to familiar attitude down the City.

Good luck Darcy you never stood a chance here. :old: :old: :old:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:It was always going to be tough for Darcy coming up through the ranks. Most "Cardiff" fans don't know the first team let alone some of the youth players. He wasn't a big name and he hadn't played premiership football and that plays against players in the plastic era. Lets all blame Darcy Blake because we've never heard of him before so he must be shit is an all to familiar attitude down the City.

you are like a broken f*cking record :roll:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:44 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:It was always going to be tough for Darcy coming up through the ranks. Most "Cardiff" fans don't know the first team let alone some of the youth players. He wasn't a big name and he hadn't played premiership football and that plays against players in the plastic era. Lets all blame Darcy Blake because we've never heard of him before so he must be shit is an all to familiar attitude down the City.

you are like a broken f*cking record :roll:

Obviously not broken enough because people like you don't get the f*cking message. "I can't think of any reason why the Wise old Bluebird is wrong so I'l have a f*cking pop at him instead" Pathetic.

:old:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:58 pm

except you're not really old are you :roll:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:00 pm

paulh_85 wrote:except you're not really old are you :roll:

Well they do say 70 is the new 40 but I don't f*cking feel it. :old:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:44 pm

How is he over rated? Only us fans speak highly or poorly of him and everyone has an opinion.
Overated is the term when other clubs fans speak of the player aswell and pundits.