Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

I FEEL QUITE SAD SEEING DARCY BLAKE LEAVE!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:23 pm

ok i know he was never going to cement a place in the first eleven but its still very sad that we are losing one of our own. a true 100% welsh lad that loved the club and stayed longer than he should have in hope of being given a chance. he was given a chance in 2010 and was bloody brilliant. the next season he was out again. not even given a chance! .... i really hope more than any departure over the last decade that he bcomes a great success at palace and cements a place in their team! ... BEST OF LUCK DARCY BLAKE!

Re: I FEEL QUITE SAD SEEING DARCY BLAKE LEAVE!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:29 pm

maybe if he didnt go out on the piss all the time and was more professional he would have been given his chance here.

Best of luck anyways.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:31 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:maybe if he didnt go out on the piss all the time and was more professional he would have been given his chance here.

Best of luck anyways.

I was just about to say this albeit slightly more subtly, this is the sad fact tho

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:46 pm

thing is with darcy (unlike ledley, ramsey,etc!) he would have been happy living in wales and playing for cardiff city all his career happy to be surrounded by family and friends! .... its a valley thing!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:48 pm

MM said he has had a number of chats with him and told him over and over what he needed to do to get in the first team. Obviously Darcy chose to ignore MM.
MM then went on to say how Turner and Hudson apply themselves off the pitch and how they look after them selves.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:53 pm

AHERNE wrote:thing is with darcy (unlike ledley, ramsey,etc!) he would have been happy living in wales and playing for cardiff city all his career happy to be surrounded by family and friends! .... its a valley thing!

I should say that I don't know the lad. I hear the stories about him liking the juice and all I can say is from looking at him, he doesn't seem to have scaled down.

I've always had the opinion that professional footballers have ONE very fortunate chance to make their fortune. Wenger expects his squad not to take alcohol at all and commit to their opportunity. Kinda agree with that.

Spunky lad, who I liked as a City player. Wish all tried as hard. Needed to learn that Touch was not in his team, mind! :D

Good luck anyway, Darcy. And thanks.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:01 pm

AHERNE wrote:ok i know he was never going to cement a place in the first eleven but its still very sad that we are losing one of our own. a true 100% welsh lad that loved the club and stayed longer than he should have in hope of being given a chance. he was given a chance in 2010 and was bloody brilliant. the next season he was out again. not even given a chance! .... i really hope more than any departure over the last decade that he bcomes a great success at palace and cements a place in their team! ... BEST OF LUCK DARCY BLAKE!

I feel the same way. Hope he becomes a brilliant footballer worthy for a starting 11 place in the Premier League. Good luck Darcy. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:21 pm

he refused to sign a new contract and could have left for nothing, so at least we have some money for him.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:53 pm

AHERNE wrote:thing is with darcy (unlike ledley, ramsey,etc!) he would have been happy living in wales and playing for cardiff city all his career happy to be surrounded by family and friends! .... its a valley thing!

Joe would have happily play all his football at Cardiff, he got shafted big time by the club & Riddler in particular.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:03 pm

AHERNE wrote:ok i know he was never going to cement a place in the first eleven but its still very sad that we are losing one of our own. a true 100% welsh lad that loved the club and stayed longer than he should have in hope of being given a chance. he was given a chance in 2010 and was bloody brilliant. the next season he was out again. not even given a chance! .... i really hope more than any departure over the last decade that he bcomes a great success at palace and cements a place in their team! ... BEST OF LUCK DARCY BLAKE!

Darcy's biggest weakness was his inability to be able to pass the ball,surely this is something that he could have practiced on in his own time, this would have added to his confidence and made him a better all round player, so best wishes to him, let's hope it works out for the best.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:23 pm

2blue2handle wrote:MM said he has had a number of chats with him and told him over and over what he needed to do to get in the first team. Obviously Darcy chose to ignore MM.
MM then went on to say how Turner and Hudson apply themselves off the pitch and how they look after them selves.

Yep seen that on iplayer but he only confirmed in lesser words or a nicer ways of putting it to something we all knew. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:50 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:MM said he has had a number of chats with him and told him over and over what he needed to do to get in the first team. Obviously Darcy chose to ignore MM.

Yep seen that on iplayer but he only confirmed in lesser words or a nicer ways of putting it to something we all knew. :ayatollah:

Yeah I think it's the right decision and had ready been replaced by Connelly :ayatollah: