Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Turner & Shawcross Turn Down Wales!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:38 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Would anyone (who is welsh) play for England if for whatever reason Wales didnt want you?

depends luke.you could be born in wales off english parents.depending how you were brought up you may feel british.if that,s the case i would imagine it would be a case of which country offered you a chance to represent them.if turner and showcross feel english then they are correct in not playing for you.tbh i,d be interested to see know how english they felt if gary speed was still around and you were looking a real contender to qualify for brazil.michael magic johnson was nottingham born and defo a black geezer who was english.after jamaica qualified for the world cup he and a few others were asked to play.it,s a lot easier to find your roots when the team have just called to ask if your interested in playing in a w.c final. :lol: in all honesty i cannot see shawcross or turner playing for england.maybe shawcross may get a call up for a friendly max

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:49 pm

if the report is accurate Turner can f**k off imo

Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:20 am

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: they got more chance of winning silver ware with england than in a wales shirt or a lot more time playing with in match time with other internal players then wales. wales just make the numbers :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:42 am

Good on them, I say! If they do not consider themselves to be Welsh it would be wrong to play for us. Did Giggs consider himself English?

Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:57 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Thats fair enough from them. Shame as Id have liked to have seen Turner in a welsh top

I have seen him in a Welsh top...ooops thats our home shirt.

Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:21 pm

The irony of the Welsh FA and Welsh nazis on here being against Team GB yet ask two Englishmen to play for Wales along with countless other Englishmen and Zambians.

Laughable, truly laughable.

:old: :old:

Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:04 pm

2blue2handle wrote:
Aramore wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:Would anyone (who is welsh) play for England if for whatever reason Wales didnt want you?

If I was good enough to play for England I'd be there in a shot.

If I was a decent player only likely to get a cameo role or squad player at best then I'd stick to Wales.

Call me selfish but we aren't going to qualify for a tournament so it's almost pointless being in the team.

Fair enough but not how I think at all.

I'd rather lose every game playing for Wales than win 1 playing for England.

Here here ^

Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:17 pm

He can f**k off? Its his choice.