Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

squad this season

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:20 pm

got to say that this is the best squad of players ive ever seen at cardiff city in my 30 years of surporting ,if we dont go up this year we need shooting ;) :o :lol:

Re: squad this season

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:48 pm

wez 1927 wrote:got to say that this is the best squad of players ive ever seen at cardiff city in my 30 years of surporting ,if we dont go up this year we need shooting ;) :o :lol:

Agreed. We've now got the strength in depth that Dave Jones would have loved, and arguably would have taken us up with. How long would you give Malky Wez? For me it's got to be two seasons(not including last year). I know some will disagree there

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:42 pm

CityGent wrote:
wez 1927 wrote:got to say that this is the best squad of players ive ever seen at cardiff city in my 30 years of surporting ,if we dont go up this year we need shooting ;) :o :lol:

Agreed. We've now got the strength in depth that Dave Jones would have loved, and arguably would have taken us up with. How long would you give Malky Wez? For me it's got to be two seasons(not including last year). I know some will disagree there

yeah two more aslong as we finish in the top six this year ,but i think we will be top two this year ,vt has put his money where his mouth is this year and backed malky, this is his team so no excuses from him now :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:43 pm

I think that we are still lacking a top striker who will get 20 goals a season. Someone like Maynard or Rhodes would have been great. :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:45 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:I think that we are still lacking a top striker who will get 20 goals a season. Someone like Maynard or Rhodes would have been great. :ayatollah:

why is everyone on about rhodes he is untested at this level could be a complete flop like others ,maynard would be a good one maybe a loan deal for him ;)

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pm

Didn't we say that two years ago :D

Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:50 pm

Good squad yes but IMO this year the league is as hard as its ever been. The 3 teams coming down all seem capable of competing at the top, then throw in the likes of Blackpool, Leicester and forest to name 3. It's going to be a long season

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:02 pm

This is now officially Malky's team, with a few exceptions, Marshall , Hudson , Whittingham, McNaughton. he's brought in 17 new players during his time at Cardiff and can have no excuses now for not delivering VT's vision of Premier League football.

He's spent over 5 million during this transfer window and that is the rope that he will be hung with if he fails (NOT LITERALLY :lol: :lol: ) to get Cardiff promoted this season. He did well to get 6th place last season and a lot of eyes will be expecting better this season.

Over to you Malky !!!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:26 pm

Neokutai wrote:This is now officially Malky's team, with a few exceptions, Marshall , Hudson , Whittingham, McNaughton. he's brought in 17 new players during his time at Cardiff and can have no excuses now for not delivering VT's vision of Premier League football.

He's spent over 5 million during this transfer window and that is the rope that he will be hung with if he fails (NOT LITERALLY :lol: :lol: ) to get Cardiff promoted this season. He did well to get 6th place last season and a lot of eyes will be expecting better this season.

Over to you Malky !!!

In the grand sceme of things 5 million is peanuts :ayatollah:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Have we got the manager though.....