Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

HEARTS V LIVERPOOL

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Dont know if anyone is watching this, but I remember us having a look at a player called templeton last yr..

doesnt look a bad player.. causing liverpool lots of problems... obviously we dont need him now.. but hes looking a better player than henderson who cost a fortune..

just goes to show that some english players transfer fees are ridiculous and some players who dont cost alot can still do a decent job..

Re: HEARTS V LIVERPOOL

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Liverpool are very boring to watch fair play.

I agree thought he looks a good lad.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:12 pm

Yeah was thinking the same, he looks useful.

Hearts doing well so far

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:17 pm

charlie adam looks so out of shape, awful touch too... 12mil?? what were liverpool thinking :?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:32 pm

not a bad 1st half if your a neutral. hopefully a goal or 2 in the 2nd half

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:54 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:charlie adam looks so out of shape, awful touch too... 12mil?? what were liverpool thinking :?

f**k that, 35mil for Caroll, whose ass did they pull that number from :shock:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:11 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:charlie adam looks so out of shape, awful touch too... 12mil?? what were liverpool thinking :?

Oh come on, you may not like Liverpool, but they paid £6m for Adam, not £12m.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:16 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

apologies for upsetting you.....

i over exagerated the price a little yes, but the actual fee was 8mil, plus two players on a loan arrangement 1 of which was shelvey....

what about their other signings then was around 15 mil or more for henderson and the same for downing...

ive got nothing against the likes of liverpool etc.. its man utd and chelsea i really dont like...

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:39 pm

Adam wont be at LFC long every time he has the ball he tried to pass it 40 yards. Rodgers looked pissed at him.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:37 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:
Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:

apologies for upsetting you.....

i over exagerated the price a little yes, but the actual fee was 8mil, plus two players on a loan arrangement 1 of which was shelvey....

what about their other signings then was around 15 mil or more for henderson and the same for downing...

ive got nothing against the likes of liverpool etc.. its man utd and chelsea i really dont like...

I'm not upset :? :lol:

Downing isn't great but Henderson, if played in his proper position, could prove a decent investment in time.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:43 pm

Your all mad, all a big waste of money. Poor managers buying British because it's all they know.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:59 pm

To be fair even though im a cardiff fan, I think he knows his stuff. He is doing what other managers have been scared at doing which is changing their team.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:02 am

To be fair even though im a cardiff fan, I think he knows his stuff. He is doing what other managers have been scared at doing which is changing their team.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:17 am

mr moose wrote:To be fair even though im a cardiff fan, I think he knows his stuff. He is doing what other managers have been scared at doing which is changing their team.

Changing what? he was handed that team an set up at Swansea.

He failed at his only other big job at reading.
He will fail at Liverpool.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:41 am

2blue2handle wrote:
mr moose wrote:To be fair even though im a cardiff fan, I think he knows his stuff. He is doing what other managers have been scared at doing which is changing their team.

Changing what? he was handed that team an set up at Swansea.

He failed at his only other big job at reading.
He will fail at Liverpool.

Exactly. Martinez is the real power behind Swansea.

As we've seen at Wigan, keeping them up with no resources year after year. Destined to be a top four manager.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:43 am

in all fairness the best thing about the game was the crowd! cheering everything there players did/booing charlie Adam lol