Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Robert Earnshaw

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:18 pm

Earnie does not feature in Malky's plans and Malky never really wanted him.
The contract was all made up before Malky became manager.
Earnie was one of my favourite players years ago and it's sad it has come to this, but Malky needs and wanoverdo move him on, but and I mean , but who will pay Earnie £13,000 basic a week, plus bonuses making his weekly wage up to a staggering £20,000 a week :shock: :o

Re: Robert Earnshaw

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:27 pm

He is obviously going to have to take a significant pay cut where ever he gos. 13grand a week is ridiculous. Even he must realise that.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:33 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:He is obviously going to have to take a significant pay cut where ever he gos. 13grand a week is ridiculous. Even he must realise that.

On the other hand hes got what 2 years left?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Earnie does not feature in Malky's plans and Malky never really wanted him.
The contract was all made up before Malky became manager.
Earnie was one of my favourite players years ago and it's sad it has come to this, but Malky needs and wanoverdo move him on, but and I mean , but who will pay Earnie £13,000 basic a week, plus bonuses making his weekly wage up to a staggering £20,000 a week :shock: :o

similar situation with bellamy this one,obviously there being a difference in the quality,both wanted to come home to be close to there family, not earnies fault the club give him that size a wage,but werent malky consulted on him signing and he give it the go ahead??????????/

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:48 pm

See my post earlier Annis, could be on his way to Palace on loan :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:14 pm

needs to cancel contract and come to some sort of compensation package with the club.

If he's that desperate to play, then he will. If he's just scrounging one last Pay day - he'll stay and say he's fighting for his place, but in reality he will be fighting a losing battle.

thank you Earnie for everything you have done for CCFC - but I believe its time for you to go somewhere, where you can finish your career on a high, not on the benches wasting away. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:52 pm

Lets send him on loan to a championship club, if he starts scoring regular it can only benefit us by taking points of our rivals and if we are desperate for goals we can call him back.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:54 pm

Still a good option off the bench no?

Its not like you are super flush with strikers??

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:05 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Still a good option off the bench no?

Not a good enough option, lost his best attribute which was his pace

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:09 pm

bluebird1972 wrote:Lets send him on loan to a championship club, if he starts scoring regular it can only benefit us by taking points of our rivals and if we are desperate for goals we can call him back.

This is the best option. Earnie is on a big wage and he will not get anything near £13k at his next club. He is never going to accept a contract cancellation.

Get a club to take him on loan and pay half his wages and we pay the other half.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:10 pm

Stan-QPR wrote:Still a good option off the bench no?

He can get on the bench but the problem is he can't get off it.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm

I dont see why people expect him to take a pay cut to go to another club or come to some sort of compensation to terminate his contract.

Hes in his 30's, hes home, he wants to play, Malky wont give him the chance, so why should he lose out on a few hundred grand if he took one of the two options above?

He isnt a multi millionaire why should he be expected to help bail the club out of this situation. I know if I only had a mil or two in the bank I wouldnt give the club a few hundred grand.

Its not like he held a gun to the clubs head when he signed the contract. No-ones fault but the club and Malky. If he didnt want him he had time to change the clubs mind. Earnie signed 3 WEEKS after MM started with us.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:15 pm

Wayne S wrote:
bluebird1972 wrote:Lets send him on loan to a championship club, if he starts scoring regular it can only benefit us by taking points of our rivals and if we are desperate for goals we can call him back.

This is the best option. Earnie is on a big wage and he will not get anything near £13k at his next club. He is never going to accept a contract cancellation.

Get a club to take him on loan and pay half his wages and we pay the other half.

This is a more realistic scenario and at least we dont waste as much money that way

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:26 pm

Oh fair enough. I haven't seen him for ages so didn't realise he'd gone to pot.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:33 pm

i seem to recall he signed a two year contract last year. one year left.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:56 pm

Fed up now. Earnshaw one minute is challenging for a first team spot the next hes leaving. Doing my head in. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:He isnt a multi millionaire why should he be expected to help bail the club out of this situation. I know if I only had a mil or two in the bank I wouldnt give the club a few hundred grand.

To be fair, this is exactly how I feel about the situation.

Everybody is just trying to feed their family and make a good living in life, if I was Earnie I wouldn't go anywhere.

The club offered him that contract, when he was unable to get into the Forest side.

Now they have to live with it...

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:35 am

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! No wonder the divide within CCFC Realm is like it is'''' Not too long ago the majority of Cardiff City Fans were almost telepathic because of the way We all saw the same picture, and if there was a time where there was a bigger picture We would still be in the frame. But I'm sorry to say that it is hard to take how fickle and pathetic Cardiff Fans have become in recent times, Look how things have become on message boards alone will give any half-a-brain an incite to how the once proud Cardiff City Supporter have become a a bunch of Ethel's and Edna's that know fekall......Which brings Meback to the point''''''''ERNIE. For those of You that think He's well past it and should move along is just beyond Me, Weather MM wants Him or not Earnie answered a call for help from THE CLUB at a time his Forrest had an offer on the table for Him, even now Forrest have'nt replaced His goal returns. Earnie has'nt had a fare run out other than a couple of late entries from the bench. He never had the same importunity that the Millers' Gustede' and other Players that had abysmal spells where Earnie may have found His boots, I will stand by the believe that had eanie had the same amount of starts Miller had, ernie would have past Millers 10 gls with ease' Im not knocking KM here because He had to support Himself far too often. What really shocks me with the fickle thats all too ready to off load earnie when We have a centre forward four years older than earnie not as quick and no where near ernie's goal average. Even Cardiffs recent recruit Tom Smith would struggle to compare His goal return CV to earnie's. That said I'm not knocking MM's judgement either as so far He's done a fair job. What I am knocking is some of the comments and disrespect shown to a Player that is One of Our own' A Legend that not even the mighty Chops with two stints Here couldnt touch earnie's CCFC goal count. We are all entitled to our views but dont dismiss earnie like surplus to supply when far lesser servants to Cardiff City have Hero status!! :old: :old:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:43 am

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:UNBELIEVABLE!!!! No wonder the divide within CCFC Realm is like it is'''' Not too long ago the majority of Cardiff City Fans were almost telepathic because of the way We all saw the same picture, and if there was a time where there was a bigger picture We would still be in the frame. But I'm sorry to say that it is hard to take how fickle and pathetic Cardiff Fans have become in recent times, Look how things have become on message boards alone will give any half-a-brain an incite to how the once proud Cardiff City Supporter have become a a bunch of Ethel's and Edna's that know fekall......Which brings Meback to the point''''''''ERNIE. For those of You that think He's well past it and should move along is just beyond Me, Weather MM wants Him or not Earnie answered a call for help from THE CLUB at a time his Forrest had an offer on the table for Him, even now Forrest have'nt replaced His goal returns. Earnie has'nt had a fare run out other than a couple of late entries from the bench. He never had the same importunity that the Millers' Gustede' and other Players that had abysmal spells where Earnie may have found His boots, I will stand by the believe that had eanie had the same amount of starts Miller had, ernie would have past Millers 10 gls with ease' Im not knocking KM here because He had to support Himself far too often. What really shocks me with the fickle thats all too ready to off load earnie when We have a centre forward four years older than earnie not as quick and no where near ernie's goal average. Even Cardiffs recent recruit Tom Smith would struggle to compare His goal return CV to earnie's. That said I'm not knocking MM's judgement either as so far He's done a fair job. What I am knocking is some of the comments and disrespect shown to a Player that is One of Our own' A Legend that not even the mighty Chops with two stints Here couldnt touch earnie's CCFC goal count. We are all entitled to our views but dont dismiss earnie like surplus to supply when far lesser servants to Cardiff City have Hero status!! :old: :old:

Agreed, Leigh. There's no evidence that Earnie is past his sell by date. He hasn't been given a run since his return, so nobody can be sure either way. If it was up to me, I'd have given him a go last season when Miller hit a major barren run. 20 games was it? Earnie could've come in after 10.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:43 am

Leighton James Dont Like uS wrote:UNBELIEVABLE!!!! No wonder the divide within CCFC Realm is like it is'''' Not too long ago the majority of Cardiff City Fans were almost telepathic because of the way We all saw the same picture, and if there was a time where there was a bigger picture We would still be in the frame. But I'm sorry to say that it is hard to take how fickle and pathetic Cardiff Fans have become in recent times, Look how things have become on message boards alone will give any half-a-brain an incite to how the once proud Cardiff City Supporter have become a a bunch of Ethel's and Edna's that know fekall......Which brings Meback to the point''''''''ERNIE. For those of You that think He's well past it and should move along is just beyond Me, Weather MM wants Him or not Earnie answered a call for help from THE CLUB at a time his Forrest had an offer on the table for Him, even now Forrest have'nt replaced His goal returns. Earnie has'nt had a fare run out other than a couple of late entries from the bench. He never had the same importunity that the Millers' Gustede' and other Players that had abysmal spells where Earnie may have found His boots, I will stand by the believe that had eanie had the same amount of starts Miller had, ernie would have past Millers 10 gls with ease' Im not knocking KM here because He had to support Himself far too often. What really shocks me with the fickle thats all too ready to off load earnie when We have a centre forward four years older than earnie not as quick and no where near ernie's goal average. Even Cardiffs recent recruit Tom Smith would struggle to compare His goal return CV to earnie's. That said I'm not knocking MM's judgement either as so far He's done a fair job. What I am knocking is some of the comments and disrespect shown to a Player that is One of Our own' A Legend that not even the mighty Chops with two stints Here couldnt touch earnie's CCFC goal count. We are all entitled to our views but dont dismiss earnie like surplus to supply when far lesser servants to Cardiff City have Hero status!! :old: :old:

Bit of a mess that Leigh but think I know what yer saying. The little fella was one of us, he was there when we were shit, I don't give a f**k how much he's paid that's Earnie's business. To see the smile on his face when he scored for Cardiff City, he loved scoring for Cardiff, is enough for me. Not his fault he was sold and traded. The disrespect for one of our best players is f*cking shocking.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:55 am

Willy the Wombat wrote:

Bit of a mess that Leigh but think I know what yer saying. The little fella was one of us, he was there when we were shit, I don't give a f**k how much he's paid that's Earnie's business. To see the smile on his face when he scored for Cardiff City, he loved scoring for Cardiff, is enough for me. Not his fault he was sold and traded. The disrespect for one of our best players is f*cking shocking.

^^^^these^^^^

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:42 am

Earnie was on about £12K per week at Forest and before they released him they only offered him a contract around £6K per week to stay on ....... he left and I cant believe that CCFC paid him what they are !!!!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:45 am

^^^If DJ sanctioned the deal then i can.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:51 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:^^^If DJ sanctioned the deal then i can.

get over yourself.... the manager doesnt decide what to pay the players

Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:53 am

For all his hero status may/may not be worthy, he is simply not going to make it into the match day squad very often imo, he is not the only one remember mcphail is another, ;)

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:06 am

paulh_85 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:^^^If DJ sanctioned the deal then i can.

get over yourself.... the manager doesnt decide what to pay the players

Don't you believe it. At the time, even towards the end of his tenure, DJ was in control of all aspects of the playing squad, including transfer fee's & contracts. If he wasn't, then who was?

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:14 am

its not a managers job to hand out contracts to players. for a start, its not his money to offer!

you will be claiming he offered himself his own contract next

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:15 am

This deal was done by the Malaysians and Gethin Jenkins.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:20 am

paulh_85 wrote:its not a managers job to hand out contracts to players. for a start, its not his money to offer!

I'm not claiming anything fella, DJ was more than happy for RE to rejoin our club on his current contract, otherwise Rob wouldn't have come back, that's obvious.

As for your second point, DJ had PR [father Christmas] to thank for that.

Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:22 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:
paulh_85 wrote:its not a managers job to hand out contracts to players. for a start, its not his money to offer!

I'm not claiming anything fella, DJ was more than happy for RE to rejoin our club on his current contract, otherwise Rob wouldn't have come back, that's obvious.

As for your second point, DJ had PR [father Christmas] to thank for that.

Rick is right, the Riddler was known as Father Xmas and Dj was as bad when it came to helping give out high wages, but as to Earnies, both were not responsible on this contract.