Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Welcome To Cardiff Tommy Smith

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:14 pm

:ayatollah:

Have to say I am surprised by some of the negativity this transfer seems to have created with some on here.

A quality, skillful, attacking player who will give us another option and is remembered fondly by fans of all clubs hes been at.

I dont know, maybe Cardiff fans have never fully appreciated the gifted skillfull players. Wether its a lack of knowledge I dont know but skillfull players such as Jay Bothroyd, Jason Bowen.etc the fans never seem to take to them. Sad really.

Re: Welcome To Cardiff Tommy Smith

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:17 pm

its defo a lack of knowledge

some people will never be happy we wanted a winger we got 1

hes a quality experienced winger at this level what more do some fans on here want :old: :old:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:19 pm

aberdare-blue wrote:its defo a lack of knowledge

some people will never be happy we wanted a winger we got 1

hes a quality experienced winger at this level what more do some fans on here want :old: :old:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I keep reading negative posts thinking hes an out and out striker which he isnt so yeah defo lack of knowledge :old:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:20 pm

Think we've been some what spoilt this transfer window, I Honestly never thought we would end up with such a strong squad :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:23 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:Think we've been some what spoilt this transfer window, I Honestly never thought we would end up with such a strong squad :ayatollah:

Nope.

Its just pure ignorance. Some of our alleged fans are stupid

Tommy Smith is trouble and hard work for every defence he
plays against

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:25 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote::ayatollah:

Have to say I am surprised by some of the negativity this transfer seems to have created with some on here.

A quality, skillful, attacking player who will give us another option and is remembered fondly by fans of all clubs hes been at.

I dont know, maybe Cardiff fans have never fully appreciated the gifted skillfull players. Wether its a lack of knowledge I dont know but skillfull players such as Jay Bothroyd, Jason Bowen.etc the fans never seem to take to them. Sad really.

A very good attacking wide midfield player, I think we may see an end to Cowie's role on the right now and see him move to a more central position where he will be more effective with Whittingham and Gunnarsson.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:26 pm

He will become a fans fav :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:28 pm

Neokutai wrote:

A very good attacking wide midfield player, I think we may see an end to Cowie's role on the right now and see him move to a more central position where he will be more effective with Whittingham and Gunnarsson.

Certainly gives Malky a selection headache with Kimbo coming to. Great stuff.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:44 pm

Not just adding numbers to the squad but more importantly QUALITY. Has always caused us grief when he's played against us, very happy with the signing.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:46 pm

Wheres he going to play him wide right and bellers wide left thats the only place i see for him otherwise its upfront and then again what was the point in etien and helguson so i think hes going out to one of the wings myself, then theres kim-bo what about him :?: bellers,smith,kimbo,conway only two will play i would think unless kimbo plays behind helguson meaning bellers&smith on the flanks only conway left out then which will be the bench this season no doubt :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:54 pm

I've appreciated lots of players at our club over the years, those with skill and sometimes those without. You've named past players who had a down side - they were inclined, on occasion, to look like they didn't care and that's unacceptable to some of us.

Breaking news: football is one of the simplest games known to man, so please don't say it's due to a lack of knowledge of the game when people criticise a player who appears to be lazy.

In my opinion, those who slag off our fans in such a way should possibly look at supporting another club, if they dislike our fans so much - but that's just my opinion.

I'm impressed we are bringing such quality to the club, but also worried about a long season without much back up in defence.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:02 pm

That's unfair! I and a lot of others I belive were always a massive fan of Jason Bowen - I for one am a fan of the signing of Tommy Smith aswell aslong as he doesn't rank over Mason in the pecking order as feel he is the most talented player we possess :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Bowen was quality. Bothroyd and the way he treated our Club before he left sealed his legacy.
Smith is not a prolific striker by any means so he will be at home with the others we have. But lets see how he fits in.
Welcome to CCFC :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:06 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:

I've appreciated lots of players at our club over the years, those with skill and sometimes those without. You've named past players who had a down side - they were inclined, on occasion, to look like they didn't care and that's unacceptable to some of us.

Breaking news: football is one of the simplest games known to man, so please don't say it's due to a lack of knowledge of the game when people criticise a player who appears to be lazy.

In my opinion, those who slag off our fans in such a way should possibly look at supporting another club, if they dislike our fans so much - but that's just my opinion.

I'm impressed we are bringing such quality to the club, but also worried about a long season without much back up in defence.

Im disappointed in Malky now.

I didnt know until you said that we werent getting any more defenders in

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:07 pm

The good thing is none of these players we have now will just walk into this team. They will certainly have to work for their shirts! and their respect from the fans.

I see all players Malky has got in this window and last years are shrewd, but clever. We have assets worth millions now, lets just hope we don't let any of them just walk for free! :ayatollah:

Really excited about this season!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:08 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Somebody's pissed you off today. You normally put some humour in, but that's pure ccmb.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm

Every time I've seen him play recently I've thought I wish he played for us so happy days. :D

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:43 pm

I haven't seen this confirmed on the official site yet? Are we jumping the gun a little?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:44 pm

malky has def been backed, he has got all but one of his transfer targets so far, we def have a superb squad... a blend of youth, quality and experience.. i just hope we can now find the right formula and get this working!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:47 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:malky has def been backed, he has got all but one of his transfer targets so far, we def have a superb squad... a blend of youth, quality and experience.. i just hope we can now find the right formula and get this working!

Well said, all in good working order for the future! :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:49 pm

Welcome Tommy, I think he is a great asset to the squad :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Somebody's pissed you off today. You normally put some humour in, but that's pure ccmb.

Soreeeee. But FFS matey!! What gives you the impression thats it for signings??

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:08 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
taffyapple wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:

Soreeeee. But FFS matey!! What gives you the impression thats it for signings??

:lol:

Better.

Don't know, really, possibly reading between the lines on here and the media at large. Hope I'm wrong.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:29 pm

i am really exited about this signing :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:41 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:

Wheres he going to play him wide right and bellers wide left thats the only place i see for him otherwise its upfront and then again what was the point in etien and helguson so i think hes going out to one of the wings myself, then theres kim-bo what about him :?: bellers,smith,kimbo,conway only two will play i would think unless kimbo plays behind helguson meaning bellers&smith on the flanks only conway left out then which will be the bench this season no doubt :ayatollah:

Its a squad game fella, we now have plenty of options. The same xi are not going to start every game we now have back up for every single position except the full backs.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:46 pm

Nedd Glas wrote: In my opinion, those who slag off our fans in such a way should possibly look at supporting another club, if they dislike our fans so much - but that's just my opinion.

Firstly it was hardly slagging them off Nedd ffs :lolL:

Secondly, I want a football team to support Nedd not 20,000 friends. Its my opinion some of the best players weve had in my time havent been fully appreciated by the fans in general. In Bowens case he was 10 times the footballer Ainswirth was but the fans loved Ainswirth because "he rocked" :roll:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:53 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote: In my opinion, those who slag off our fans in such a way should possibly look at supporting another club, if they dislike our fans so much - but that's just my opinion.

Secondly, I want a football team to support Nedd not 20,000 friends. Its my opinion some of the best players weve had in my time havent been fully appreciated by the fans in general. In Bowens case he was 10 times the footballer Ainswirth was but the fans loved Ainswirth because "he rocked" :roll:

Fair comment, but we need all eleven men when we're up against it, not "flair" players who go AWOL. Bowen was class, in my opinion, but also needed to take responsibility at times, rather than pass it on to the Ainsworths of the team.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:57 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Fair comment, but we need all eleven men when we're up against it, not "flair" players who go AWOL. Bowen was class, in my opinion, but also needed to take responsibility at times, rather than pass it on to the Ainsworths of the team.

Well we will have to agree to disagree because the same as 11 flair players wouldnt work neither word 11 grafters.

Hence we didnt look like getting promoted last year because for all our graft we had no flair.

Somtimes you have to make allowances for flair ie Tarabt at QPR

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:59 pm

Can anyone provide a link confirming he has actually signed? Nothing on the official site and nothing on walesonline? I think we are jumping the gun here!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:00 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Well we will have to agree to disagree because the same as 11 flair players wouldnt work neither word 11 grafters.

Hence we didnt look like getting promoted last year because for all our graft we had no flair.

Somtimes you have to make allowances for flair ie Tarabt at QPR

I agree, but it's a tough league and there's no room for passengers.