Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Darcy Blake

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:56 am

Sad to see a local lad being moved on but I think the fact he is a local lad and come through the ranks is the reason hes been here for so long.

Should of been bombed ages ago. Not the greatest footballer and so thick, arrogant or both to grasp what a great opportunity hes got being a proffesional footballer.

Hope he can sort his head out but from what I hear the issue/ vices hes got off field London is the last place he should be going.

Re: Darcy Blake

Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:58 am

Will always remember him for his mazy run at Swansea :lol:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:00 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Will always remember him for his mazy run at Swansea :lol:

Oh yeah when he hit the post :ayatollah: has he ever scored for us?

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm

About the only good thing he done in 14 years at Cardiff :lol:

Oh and the Hudson haters will point to him and Gerrard playing well at Forest in a goaless draw one year :lol:

Even though the conveniently forget he made a howler which let Earnie clean through but Earnie took pity on him and fluffed his lines. :lol:
Last edited by Mario Polotelli on Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:09 pm

Thought he just ate alot of s*** and was consequently never fit. Good luck to him though.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:11 pm

OhhhGa wrote:Thought he just ate alot of s*** and was consequently never fit. Good luck to him though.

loads of eateries in London

Thu Aug 23, 2012 12:25 pm

I've always had a soft spot for Darcy because he's always given 100% and always been a nice lad to our fans. I think we all know he's not the best player but in his defence he's never had the chance to grow. Yes, he has his issues but surely the club could have done more to help him? Maybe not. I don't know. All I know is that his best games when he started out for me were as an anchor man in central midfield and had he played consistently in that role it might have been a different story.

It's a shame he's going but it's definitely the best thing for him to move away. Not sure the club he is going to is the best one but if he plays week in, week out then it will be. Best of luck Darcy! :ayatollah:

" Darcy Blake Signs For Palace. "

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:31 pm

He just Tweeted Officially a palace player. Can't wait for this fresh start. Loved every minute playing for cardiff. Want to thank every1 who supported me

Re: Darcy Blake Signs For Palace

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Good luck Darcy.

Would never get into our defence now, our best back five is the best in the division and Premier League standard IMO.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:47 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Good luck Darcy.

Would never get into our defence now, our best back five is the best in the division and Premier League standard IMO.

:lol:
I wouldn't go that far ! We do have a decent defence but with the same back 5 we conceded goals and threw away the most number of points from a winning position last season in the championship.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Zabier wrote:I've always had a soft spot for Darcy because he's always given 100% and always been a nice lad to our fans. I think we all know he's not the best player but in his defence he's never had the chance to grow. Yes, he has his issues but surely the club could have done more to help him? Maybe not. I don't know. All I know is that his best games when he started out for me were as an anchor man in central midfield and had he played consistently in that role it might have been a different story.

It's a shame he's going but it's definitely the best thing for him to move away. Not sure the club he is going to is the best one but if he plays week in, week out then it will be. Best of luck Darcy! :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Last thing I will always remember darcy for

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Loved him playing for cardiff even more so after the westham game he run over to my lad and game him his shirt, my lad was so happy to have that top, to the fact he still talks about it know, didn't see any other players do it that day, but that top to my lad is priceless, even more so know with him moving on, all the best darcy you'll do well

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:12 pm

dear oh dear

Premier league standard? :?

i dont think any of our current defense are good enough to hold down a first team place in the prem.

Good luck to Darcy, hope he does well

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:20 pm

All the best darcy...except for when you play us ofcourse! They seem over the moon on the cpfc football forum about signing blake. I hope he cements a place in there first eleven :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:22 pm

Good luck Darcey.

Re: Last thing I will always remember darcy for

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:28 pm

when he hit the post against them jacks,if it had gone in he would have been a legend :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:28 pm

paulh_85 wrote:dear oh dear

i dont think any of our current defense are good enough to hold down a first team place in the prem.

Really? Marshall is superb. Hudson and Turner are rocks. Can understand maybe the full backs aren't good enough, mind.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:31 pm

www.cardiffcityforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=90284

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:51 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:

Really? Marshall is superb. Hudson and Turner are rocks. Can understand maybe the full backs aren't good enough, mind.

marshall sure.

Hudson is far too slow and not good enough for premier league level. Turner is awful with the ball at feet, and you need to be able to play at that level. so nope, i would currently say none of our back 4 are good enough for a first team place at a premier league team.

Good luck to Darcey

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:53 pm

Got to say good luck to the fella. I have criticized him on here but i have firmly believed he needed to move away from his Valley roots to prosper. IMO he will do that at Palace and we will see a vastly improved Player that will be a regular in the Wales set up as well.
Remember how much he improved when he went to Plymouth !! He will do the same at Palace i hope. Good luck to you Lad and fulfill the potential you do possess. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Good luck to Darcey

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:55 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Got to say good luck to the fella. I have criticized him on here but i have firmly believed he needed to move away from his Valley roots to prosper. IMO he will do that at Palace and we will see a vastly improved Player that will be a regular in the Wales set up as well.
Remember how much he improved when he went to Plymouth !! He will do the same at Palace i hope. Good luck to you Lad and fulfill the potential you do possess. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Not so sure myself Steve with the bright lights of London close by.Hope he sorts his head out though as he has a talent. :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:01 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

marshall sure.

Hudson is far too slow and not good enough for premier league level. Turner is awful with the ball at feet, and you need to be able to play at that level. so nope, i would currently say none of our back 4 are good enough for a first team place at a premier league team.

Couldn't agree more - Darcy should walk into our current side. OP is on drugs I think!

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:12 pm

paulh_85 wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:

marshall sure.

You do know that pace isn't everything? :? Remember Sami Hyypia? No, thought not :roll:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:15 pm

I've always liked him, mainly due to him being local.

Good luck

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:18 pm

BOWMAN wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:Got to say good luck to the fella. I have criticized him on here but i have firmly believed he needed to move away from his Valley roots to prosper. IMO he will do that at Palace and we will see a vastly improved Player that will be a regular in the Wales set up as well.

Not so sure myself Steve with the bright lights of London close by.Hope he sorts his head out though as he has a talent. :ayatollah:

I feel its a bit different to others who like the Pop Lee. He will be leaving behind his childhood mates ETC and the way they live. I firmly believe Darcey will establish himself at Palace and become a top talent. Well i hope so.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:24 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
BOWMAN wrote:

I feel its a bit different to others who like the Pop Lee. He will be leaving behind his childhood mates ETC and the way they live. I firmly believe Darcey will establish himself at Palace and become a top talent. Well i hope so.

Hope so too mate :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:25 pm

Mario Polotelli wrote:

Oh and the Hudson haters will point to him and Gerrard playing well at Forest in a goaless draw one year :lol:

Even though the conveniently forget he made a howler which let Earnie clean through but Earnie took pity on him and fluffed his lines. :lol:

Don't forget he had Rooney in his pocket at Wembley! :lol:

Another blake thread

Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:31 pm

There boring hes done nothing for us over the years so i have no idea why people are rimming him like he was some kind of superstar playing week in week out now hes gone ive seen people say how good he was yet he was called crap by the same posters last season who are bragging him up now hes gone for a mere 200k odd, besides hes f*cking shit and will only become a bench boy once they get used to him and his lifestyle :roll:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:33 pm

Cwmann_Bluebird wrote:
Mario Polotelli wrote:

Don't forget he had Rooney in his pocket at Wembley! :lol:

How did I manage to forget that :lol:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:38 pm

Bob Bank Blues wrote:Couldn't agree more - Darcy should walk into our current side. OP is on drugs I think!

Yep, cant deny that, always loved my drugs 8-)

However, two managers, both centre halfs in their playing days do not think Darcy is good enough for us. I tend to lean more with their opinion than yours.

He is not good enough to push Hudson or Turner for their place in the side.

As for the drugs I think Worcester has been taking some himself. Premier League defence. :lol: Do me a favour.