Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: REAL ALE INTEREST

Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:02 pm

There seems to be a good bit of interest and knowledge on the forum for real ale which is one of only two growth areas along with cider in the drinks industry which is in general decline. I think more and more people would rather spend their hard earned cash on a pint of something which has been made with care, often locally, rather than drink the same old frost bitten products that all the big brewers are now offering which all taste much the same. If anyone wants to try our range of Real Ales, come and visit us at The Wheatsheaf in Llantrisant or look out for our Pixie Spring beers in your local real ale houses and please give us your feedback. And as I said at the start of the post, we will happily arrange a forum trip to the brewery if there was a minimum of 12 people interested. You can even brew your own beer whilst there for Christmas and put your own name to it!

Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:09 am

City Pixie wrote:There seems to be a good bit of interest and knowledge on the forum for real ale which is one of only two growth areas along with cider in the drinks industry which is in general decline. I think more and more people would rather spend their hard earned cash on a pint of something which has been made with care, often locally, rather than drink the same old frost bitten products that all the big brewers are now offering which all taste much the same. If anyone wants to try our range of Real Ales, come and visit us at The Wheatsheaf in Llantrisant or look out for our Pixie Spring beers in your local real ale houses and please give us your feedback. And as I said at the start of the post, we will happily arrange a forum trip to the brewery if there was a minimum of 12 people interested. You can even brew your own beer whilst there for Christmas and put your own name to it!

I wouldn't mind doing that, sounds like a laugh. Leave some contact details and I'll gauge some interest down my way for a little day out.

:thumbup:

Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:15 am

I was sort of forced into drinking real ale when I started to come and watch the city regularly in 2007 after I had stopped playing myself on a saturday afternoon . My old man and uncle have drank beer for years and the sly remarks about my pint of cider costing a £1 more than theirs whenever they returned from the bar finally persuaded me to try it . I was shocked to find that it wasn't that bad , i'd even go as far as saying tasty . We used to go to the Butcher's or the Chapter as they had the better selections but for the last 3 years we have gone to the Ivor Davies as they always have a few guests on and even then there is always Abbot to fall back on . I even went as far as joining CAMRA and now have 40 x 50p off a pint vouchers a year to use . In idiots terms that is a pint of 6% Son of a Bitch for a £1 less than that fizzy pi$$ they call fosters , bargain ! My personal favourites are the Otley O5 or OG and Wye Valley HPA and Butty Bach , I prefer the lighter beers myself .
In regards to the wheatsheaf , I bet Tom is devastated that Bleddyn has moved out , his takings must have plummeted :lol: