Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

REAL ALE INTEREST

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:01 pm

This is my first post on the forum, but I have followed it for a while now, and there seems to be quite a few lads with their own pubs, and plenty who frequent them. I am interested to know how many people are real ale drinkers and if they are new converts or have always been fans of real ale. The new real ale brewers like ours in Llantrisant and Tiny Rebel seem to attract a younger element, Real ale is creating a new cult following in the youth of today and surprisingly lots of them are girls. If there was enough interest, I could arrange a trip for the forum to our brewery where you can try the new styles of beers. Thoughts please!

Re: REAL ALE INTEREST

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm

i am fond of a tipple of ale, i drink in ther creselly arms in cressely pembroke, what a selection straight out of the keg into a jug

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm

Prefer a Sniff myself :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:05 pm

Marc wrote:Prefer a Sniff myself :ayatollah:
doesnt show :D

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:07 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm only having the craic :ayatollah: ......love a London Pride myself.

P.S.............Cheeky Kent... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Like the ales, myself. Very keen on Neath Ales, which are doing well in all sorts of places.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:09 pm

Marc wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P.S.............Cheeky Kent... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah:
london pride is a chemical concoction of shit

the post says REAL ALE :lol:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Love the stuff. Always like to sample the local brew, wherever i go. Visited a brewery in York a few years ago, Terrier bitter & Centurion's ghost were a couple of fine ales i tasted up there.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:11 pm

Used to drink 6x and Henry's IPA like it was going out of fashion when i lived in Devizes. Can't stomach real ale now. Moved onto cider and red wine.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:Love the stuff. Always like to sample the local brew, wherever i go. Visited a brewery in York a few years ago, Terrier bitter & Centurion's ghost were a couple of fine ales i tasted up there.

Yorkshire is one of the main places where Real Ale is now massive, with lots of craft breweries as they are called. We have just completed a collaboration brew with Steel City Brewing from Sheffield, we will be calling it THE BOSS as it will be a hop monster of a brew.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:15 pm

bluebirdbaz wrote:
Marc wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ....Out of my depth on this thread, I thought you were on about oats and barley :? :? :?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:18 pm

Marc wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:
Marc wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: ....Out of my depth on this thread, I thought you were on about oats and barley :? :? :?

Isn't that READY BREK?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:21 pm

City Pixie wrote:
Marc wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:
Marc wrote:
bluebirdbaz wrote:

Isn't that READY BREK?

Get a bit messy that though mate :D :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:36 pm

Just had a pint of Byti Bach, lovely! :P

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:43 pm

Mostly a lager drinker but have recently been trying some blonde Ales whilst on holiday. Ones I've enjoyed are Tribute, buscombe blonde and Otter Amber.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:55 pm

JCB from cornwall is a good one

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:57 pm

I like the Otley O stuff, especially the strong brews. also like the Celtic range, brewed in Caerphilly.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:23 pm

Put my name down Chief. Well up for that :ayatollah: The best i have tasted is Old Rick from the Uley brewery in Glous :D

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:48 pm

BlueGog wrote:Just had a pint of Byti Bach, lovely! :P

Wye Valley Brewery, yes a good pint, I love my real ale, I drink in Fagins Ale and Chop House, Taffs Well, they keep a good selection of ales there and have a good festival every year.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Worst thing about living in Cardiff? The bloody brains pubs, brains are crap. The only good beer they do is Rev James and they bought that recipe from another brewery.

Try Adnams Broadside. Its not a session beer, 6.5% but its a bloody good one

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:02 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:Like the ales, myself. Very keen on Neath Ales, which are doing well in all sorts of places.

Yep, I'll second that. Neath Ales do a quality selection.

Real ale is making a come back. Micro breweries are popping up all across the UK and good luck to them. A lot of people have had enough of bland, tasteless lagers and are trying real ales, which have a lot more flavour.

:ayatollah:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:03 pm

Outside now!

I loves SA I does.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:06 pm

NeathBlue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:Like the ales, myself. Very keen on Neath Ales, which are doing well in all sorts of places.

Yep, I'll second that. Neath Ales do a quality selection.

Real ale is making a come back. Micro breweries are popping up all across the UK and good luck to them. A lot of people have had enough of bland, tasteless lagers and are trying real ales, which have a lot more flavour.

I was drinking Witch Hunter in the Cross Keys last night. Lovely job.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
NeathBlue wrote:Real ale is making a come back. Micro breweries are popping up all across the UK and good luck to them. A lot of people have had enough of bland, tasteless lagers and are trying real ales, which have a lot more flavour.

I haven't tried that. Yet!

:D

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:16 pm

NeathBlue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:
NeathBlue wrote:Real ale is making a come back. Micro breweries are popping up all across the UK and good luck to them. A lot of people have had enough of bland, tasteless lagers and are trying real ales, which have a lot more flavour.

Get in there. It's on draught in there. I tried it at a festival in Margam Park 1st July and it had just been launched around that time. Not strong, only 4.2%, I think, but very moreish. I stopped at 4, because I was with my wife and on my best behaviour!

:lol:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:20 pm

Nedd Glas wrote:
NeathBlue wrote:
Nedd Glas wrote:I was drinking Witch Hunter in the Cross Keys last night. Lovely job.

Get in there. It's on draught in there. I tried it at a festival in Margam Park 1st July and it had just been launched around that time. Not strong, only 4.2%, I think, but very moreish. I stopped at 4, because I was with my wife and on my best behaviour!

:lol: I shall have a try on my next visit.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:25 pm

For those into real cider this brewery makes some fine beverages!

I can highly recommend the Black Dragon! :D

http://www.gwyntcider.com/

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:11 pm

BlueGog wrote:Just had a pint of Byti Bach, lovely! :P

Yes agree Butty Bach lovely stuff, try Rhymney best bitter great pint and only 3.7% Bass and London Pride also good but have to be looked after. They had the London Pride in my local analysed and the report said, Dear sir, Sorry but your horse has diabetes.

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:18 pm

see if i can get Lee(BOWMAN)interested before the strongbow rots his guts :shock:

Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:36 pm

weza 65 wrote:see if i can get Lee(BOWMAN)interested before the strongbow rots his guts :shock:

Plus, it makes his eyes go funny and he grabs handbags!