Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

is oakwood

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:00 pm

worth a day trip? CCFC

Re: is oakwood

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:04 pm

I would say yes. As long as you don't have to travel hundreds of miles to get there! Some good rides for kids and adults.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:06 pm

taffy123 wrote:worth a day trip? CCFC

Yes, but make sure it's a dry day, because there's practically nothing under cover.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:10 pm

cheers and thanks, not been there for many a year. CCFC

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:17 pm

Make sure you take a friend because you don't want to be stuck with your parents all day

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:30 pm

waddle wrote:

Make sure you take a friend because you don't want to be stuck with your parents all day

thanks mum. :ayatollah: CCFC

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:33 pm

waddle wrote:

fair play that made me chuckle :D

Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:41 pm

Definitely worth a day out, although the "After Dark" events are due to finish in a couple of weeks!

If you've never heard of the "After Dark" event, it means that you can go into the park early in the morning and stay until after the fireworks display has taken place at 10pm, for the same price as a standard day ticket!

They usually lay some entertainment on just before the fireworks display, which is usually very good and entertaining for younger children!

If you are taking in younger children however, it's worth considering going into the park later on an "After Dark" event day, as they may well be worn out towards the evening!

If you use the following link to purchase your tickets beforehand, you'll save yourself £2 per ticket:-

https://online.venpos.net/DeepSeaLeisur ... 84fda51201

Here's the link to the standard charges on the Oakwood Park site:-

http://www.oakwoodthemepark.co.uk/tickets/ :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 7:59 pm

Been taking the grankids here for years and years. I have a caravan near by, either let the little fuckers starve or bring a pack lunch because by f**k is the food expensive there. I recommend a pub in a village just ouside oakwood called The Bush Inn, it's fantastic.

Treetops is my favourite, I went on it about 8 times on the trot, refused to move. f*cking brilliant. I do not like big rides as I have a fragile gut.

:old: :old: :old:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:01 pm

Yes but make sure you go on the Hydro ride last ;)

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:04 pm

Bush in ok but get down on a nice weekend and visit Lawrenny arms or Creswell quay. Snooty fox is the closest and does decently priced food.
The best way is to get into bluestone in school time during the week. They do it well cheap as they can't fill it.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:07 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Been taking the grankids here for years and years. I have a caravan near by, either let the little fuckers starve or bring a pack lunch because by f**k is the food expensive there. I recommend a pub in a village just ouside oakwood called The Bush Inn, it's fantastic.

Treetops is my favourite, I went on it about 8 times on the trot, refused to move. f*cking brilliant. I do not like big rides as I have a fragile gut.

The Bush Inn is in Robeston Wathan, which used to be on the A40 on the way towards Haverfordwest, before you get to Canaston Bridge, but is now off the main A40 road, due to the new By Pass!

The family chicken meals are the best value inside Oakwood, which is their more expensive version of KFC!

You also have to duck your head if you've got a large bonce on Tree Tops, as the branches tend to be quite close to the ride! :)

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:17 pm

Definitely. If you can afford it go on a ride called Vertigo. You have to pay extra to go on it but the more people that go on it the cheaper it works out. It's about £36 I think and it splits the price between how many people go on. So if you go on your own you have to pay the full price, if 2 people go on you split it between you, the same if 3 people go on. Well worth it though :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

CantonJack wrote:Definitely. If you can afford it go on a ride called Vertigo. You have to pay extra to go on it but the more people that go on it the cheaper it works out. It's about £36 I think and it splits the price between how many people go on. So if you go on your own you have to pay the full price, if 2 people go on you split it between you, the same if 3 people go on. Well worth it though :ayatollah:

Depends if you're afraid of heights though, as it's quite a long way up and some people don't like swinging from ropes or wires that high up in the air! :old: :)

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:34 pm

have a look at kgb deals. sign in to their website or have their app on your phone. when you type your postcode in it will give you deals near to you. for whatever reason bristol shows oakwood and the deal is two standard tickets for adults and children over 13 for £21 with an add on standard single ticket for £10.50. Normal entry is £21 so three of you could get in for £31.50 saving £30. pays for the petrol. there is only 7 hours remaining though. !

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Bluebird since 1948 wrote:Been taking the grankids here for years and years. I have a caravan near by, either let the little fuckers starve or bring a pack lunch because by f**k is the food expensive there. I recommend a pub in a village just ouside oakwood called The Bush Inn, it's fantastic.

The Bush Inn is in Robeston Wathan, which used to be on the A40 on the way towards Haverfordwest, before you get to Canaston Bridge, but is now off the main A40 road, due to the new By Pass!

The family chicken meals are the best value inside Oakwood, which is their more expensive version of KFC!

You also have to duck your head if you've got a large bonce on Tree Tops, as the branches tend to be quite close to the ride! :)

I am only 5 ft 10 so that was not a problem for me. I have been down to Oakwood many times before, what happened to the Crystal Maze? Shame about the by pass, that will affect the Bush a lot I imagine.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:51 pm

Bluebird since 1948 wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

I am only 5 ft 10 so that was not a problem for me. I have been down to Oakwood many times before, what happened to the Crystal Maze? Shame about the by pass, that will affect the Bush a lot I imagine.

The Crystal Maze is at Canaston Bowl, unless it's closed in the last year or so!

The By Pass must be affecting the Bush Inn's trade, as you can't see the pub from the By Pass!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:07 pm

Crystal Maze closed about two years ago. i meant to go there with a firend in 2010 and it was shut so we went to Heatherton instead. Lots to do down that way, especially with Battlefield Live there now