Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

CONWAY !!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:41 pm

Come on Craig have you stamped on Malkay's toys or something ? A quality winger who looked very good pre season. Cowie i really like the player 100% committed but he is a central midfielder not a winger. Conway on the opposite flank to bellers would be a good choice in my opinion. Give us natural width and would give the opposition something else to worry about.

Yes two games 4 points you have to be happy with that, but we have had a massive amount of luck for those 4 points and the BEST GOALKEEPER IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Re: CONWAY !!

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Come on Craig have you stamped on Malkay's toys or something ? A quality winger who looked very good pre season. Cowie i really like the player 100% committed but he is a central midfielder not a winger. Conway on the opposite flank to bellers would be a good choice in my opinion. Give us natural width and would give the opposition something else to worry about.

Yes two games 4 points you have to be happy with that, but we have had a massive amount of luck for those 4 points and the BEST GOALKEEPER IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

IMO he was dreadful when he came on last night, didn't add anything we already had.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:49 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Come on Craig have you stamped on Malkay's toys or something ? A quality winger who looked very good pre season. Cowie i really like the player 100% committed but he is a central midfielder not a winger. Conway on the opposite flank to bellers would be a good choice in my opinion. Give us natural width and would give the opposition something else to worry about.

Yep.

Conway looked superb in pre-season. He was obviously a player with a point to prove, yet he's been benched so far. Very strange and frustrating from this end, because we aren't playing our strongest line-up.

The Wurzels had a good win last night, so we'll need to be at our best to turn them over on Saturday. I just hope MM makes the right choices and sets the team up in a positive fashion. We can't be too open, granted, but not too defensive, either.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:01 pm

I think Malky knows Macnaughton will get forward a lot hence Cowie sits in the middle more.
Now we are playing 3 in the middle with Mutch,Whitts and Gunner, we get to compact in there and Mutch was getting forced to far forward and didnt look as comfortable as he was when in space against Newcastle. I think the signing of Connolly will mean he goes in as a solid right back and we are ready to unleash Conway and then Kimbo wide on the right. Giving our midfield 3 more room and hopefully being able to control games more. Taylor doesnt get as far forward as much as Kev in my oppinion and this gives Bellamy more room on the left. Hopefully 2 quick wingers will give HH more ball and the goals will flow aswell as keeping solid at the back :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:16 pm

Double G wrote:I think Malky knows Macnaughton will get forward a lot hence Cowie sits in the middle more.
Now we are playing 3 in the middle with Mutch,Whitts and Gunner, we get to compact in there and Mutch was getting forced to far forward and didnt look as comfortable as he was when in space against Newcastle. I think the signing of Connolly will mean he goes in as a solid right back and we are ready to unleash Conway and then Kimbo wide on the right. Giving our midfield 3 more room and hopefully being able to control games more. Taylor doesnt get as far forward as much as Kev in my oppinion and this gives Bellamy more room on the left. Hopefully 2 quick wingers will give HH more ball and the goals will flow aswell as keeping solid at the back :ayatollah:

Chief Mcnaughton getting forward is fine and i get that. But and a big but ; is Mcnaughtons crossing any where near the standards of Conways ?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:26 pm

Kev can tackle, beat a man and got a great engine. Passing and crossing is woefull tho. Somebody mentioned putting cowie at right back, not a bad call that

Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Double G wrote:Kev can tackle, beat a man and got a great engine. Passing and crossing is woefull tho. Somebody mentioned putting cowie at right back, not a bad call that

Could be to slow for that mate. With Hudson besides him it would be like the QE2 moving about :lol: But yes Mcnaughton has a great engine but if he can't get those crosses in we would be and are useless at getting those crosses in.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:00 pm

out of interest what are the thoughts on what conway did last night when he came on? how did he look?

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:20 pm

hywel wrote:

IMO he was dreadful when he came on last night, didn't add anything we already had.

I respect your opinion but what game were you watching?? :lol:
I think Conway did well when he came on and I really hope Malky sees sense and plays him coz he is a definate asset to our team.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:24 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:out of interest what are the thoughts on what conway did last night when he came on? how did he look?

He looked good when he came on. Had a couple of runs. He made one cock up with a bad shot but at least he had a go. Hopefully he'll get his chance.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:25 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:out of interest what are the thoughts on what conway did last night when he came on? how did he look?

He looked good when he came on. Had a couple of runs. He made one cock up with a bad shot but at least he had a go. Hopefully he'll get his chance.

cheers gareth.. :ayatollah: