Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Starting to worry...

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 am

Before you say anything, yes i know its only been 2 games but still...

But i've been to Brighton and obviously at the Hudders game Friday, and i'm seriously wondering where these goals are guna come from. We didn't have any flare yesterday, at all.

I really don't like MM's tactics; 4-5-1 :? It's too negative and it just takes our players strengths away from the team...

Our defence just want to boot it up the field! They try and pass it at the back but they're just not slick enough. Always ends up in a desperate kick towards Helguson (personally i reckon he's just too lazy. He could only do a job if he's facing goal).

I think our midfield is to packed. No ones taking control attacking wise. As soon as we break we only really have one option to aim for. Our wingers are always behind our central midfield looking for the overlap. Everybody in Britain knows that Bellamy can score tonnes of goals if he's behind the opponents defence. He's playing too deep and even our KEY midfielder Whitts is basically playing as a CB!

Has anyone realised that we've been playing towards the wings about 90% of the time the past 2 games? Oppurtunities are just wasted by them crossing it and only Helguson having to aim for. A few times yesterday a ball went in and got headed away just outside the box and our midfield was nowhere to be seen! :shock:

When played right, 4-5-1 can be an exellent formation, just with the players we got and the league we're in it hust doesn't do.

I'd love to see Bellamy playing a central role behind the strikers so he has a free role where he can run anywhere! Or either Whitts playing higher up the field cus on his day he can easily slip a through ball behibd the defence for our wingers to lurch on to.

4-3-3 would be suitable. It's like 4-5-1 but when we have time to attack our wingers can just burst up the field supporting the striker to give the midfield options instead of an option.

But you know, i ain't a football manager, just my views :lol:

Re: Starting to worry...

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:20 am

4pts every 2 games is automatic promotion material

No need to panic just yet..... ;)

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:31 am

Merlin wrote:4pts every 2 games is automatic promotion material

No need to panic just yet..... ;)

Not complaining about the 4pts :D

Just say we're losing 1-0 in the last 10 mins. Who we guna look for to get a goal?

We've been lucky Marshall's on top form

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:35 am

Last night Helguson missed a sitter plus the keeper made 2 fantastic saves.

Our midfield do need to get into the box more and support our attack.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:36 am

I agree with most of RhonddaBluebird93's points but both games played so far have been tight - Huddersfield parked the bus and tried to catch us on the break and Brighton are a dangerous team at their place.

Bristol, Wolves and Leeds will be no different - all very difficult games.

Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:39 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Last night Helguson missed a sitter plus the keeper made 2 fantastic saves.

Really don't rate him so far as a lone striker.

Rarely made a header. Hardly any movement. No shouts. Needs support desperately.

Playing 4-5-1 was Kenny Miller's downfall

Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:48 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Last night Helguson missed a sitter plus the keeper made 2 fantastic saves.

This.

It's the midfield, we have such a quality midfield but why aren't they providing the quality balls the attackers need?